Island of Pain and Misery Draft --- draft completed

Hey, you chose an umbrella pick which can be anything under the said umbrella.

Choosing Random Procedures, is just that. A random procedure.
In my mind, a random procedure might just be a checkup for a potential ear-infection.

I've said more than once try to limit it to something specific...If you choose an 'umbrella' your original pick can be very easily hi-jacked from what you really wanted it to be.
No, I was pigeonholed into choosing an umbrella pick...Not my first choice, not my first post...

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
No, I was pigeonholed into choosing an umbrella pick...Not my first choice, not my first post...
Well, you chose multiple items with a pick and then decided to stick with the "umbrella pick" option instead of going specific with one of your referenced items. And you still need to edit out the specifics of your selection, otherwise it will be done for you.

Again, I will gladly give up my pick if you want to use it instead and choose something else - just say the word.

Sorry guys, my computer got messed up and I had to bring it back in to fry's so I haven't been able to get on for a while. Looks like I have 3 picks to make up. Well here's #1:

The Cold

The cold is a big part of everyone's lives and is extremely annoying. It makes you feel horrible, tired, cold, hot, sore throat, cough, as well as many other things, but people don't consider it bad enough to miss anything. I would actually rather have something considered a bit worse so that I wouldn't have to fight through it like you have to do with the cold. On my island I will have the cold constantly, but I will still have to do everything just as if I didn't have the cold.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

That Itch

You know the one -- the one you just can't quite reach. Well I want to suffer from it permanently. And everytime I manage to manage to reach one of them, it will just shift on off somewhere else. So a permanent, neverending, maddening itch.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Leprosy

As my stupid exotic probably would kill me disease, I think I will choose being a leper, just because it sounds like fun.

Next up:

HEIGHTS

That crazy skywalk thing over the Grand Canyon...as if standing on the rim isn't frightening enough!

I know not everyone shares this phobia, but it's a bad one for me. I don't know exactly how to work this into my island...I just hate heights. Definite pain and misery for me. I suppose my island will just have lots of cliffs and precipices that I have to look over.

And for my last pick...this one is for you parents out there:

NOISE-MAKING TOYS

Why does everyone get your toddler obnoxious noise-making toys for their birthdays, holidays, etc.? Sure, they're OK for awhile, but kids get so fixated on one toy that you never hear the end of it. I end up removing batteries, telling my son they don't work, or hiding them in various closets. Anyway, these will be strewn all over my island and will be constantly going off. Above are a few of the biggest offenders in our house: TMX Elmo, Tonka street sweeper, and the &^*$ing Wiggles guitar. Oh, how I hate that guitar...

Last edited:
Make up pick 2:

Being Nagged

I don't understand why some people have to nag so much, telling people to do the same thing over and over and over again until they do it. It's not like nagging people is going to get someone to do something more than telling them nicely to do it one time. On my island I will constantly be nagged by everyone around me, 24/7.

Warhawk

Staff member
Next up:

HEIGHTS

That crazy skywalk thing over the Grand Canyon...as if standing on the rim isn't frightening enough!

I know not everyone shares this phobia, but it's a bad one for me. I don't know exactly how to work this into my island...I just hate heights. Definite pain and misery for me. I suppose my island will just have lots of cliffs and precipices that I have to look over.
I am no daredevil by any means, but I would really like to do this. Unfortunately, there is no car access. The bus ride and Skywalk are something like $75 per person, and no photos are allowed, unless of course you buy them at $29 each. No thanks.

I am no daredevil by any means, but I would really like to do this. Unfortunately, there is no car access. The bus ride and Skywalk are something like $75 per person, and no photos are allowed, unless of course you buy them at $29 each. No thanks.
Despite my fear, I'm intrigued by it too. But I'm WAY too cheap to fork out that kind of dough.

Warhawk

Staff member
But I'm WAY too cheap to fork out that kind of dough.
Ditto that. I mean, let us drive in on the gravel road and park for free, and I would gladly pay $20 to do this if I could take some pictures. I am not spending over $100 per person to see this and get a photo.

Next of my picks:

The Fear of Death

I'm not anywhere close to being at the age near when people most commonly die, but I still have that fear for when I get to that age even though it is so long in the future. On my island I will be constantly thinking that I am soon going to die, thinking about how it will feel, what will happen after I die, how I will lose everything in the world.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
VikingInferno, your PM box is full, so Ill tell you here.
Your last pick needs to be a drink as per the rules!
:)

EndGame needs a drink.

BrickLayer needs a drink.

For my drink i select...

A nice warm cup of puss.

I know people dont normally drink puss, but they dont really drink blood either... or sewage

Warhawk

Staff member
I have been trying to figure out something kind of annoying to be playing in the background. Something obnoxious. Something that will help rile up the Laker rioters to pour more rubbing alcohol on me (too bad they won't drink it). Somthing I would find just plain annoying as all get out.

And I figured it out - playing on any TV I look at will be some of the most annoying video I can think of - Footage of Jack Nicholson acting like a total a** at his courtside seat over the years at Lakers games (interspersed with other celebreties wearing Laker gear and smiling at the camera).

I hate the celebrety worshipping that happens at Laker games (specifically, but also in general in our society), especially watching Jack going off and not get tossed. Just torques me to no end when they keep showing that stuff. So I figure a rolling video with all his antics over the years would just start driving me bats*** crazy.

Last edited:
I have been trying to figure out something kind of annoying to be playing in the background. Something obnoxious. Something that will help rile up the Laker rioters to pour more rubbing alcohol on me (too bad they won't drink it). Somthing I would find just plain annoying as all get out.

And I figured it out - playing on any TV I look at will be some of the most annoying video I can think of - Footage of Jack Nicholson acting like a total a** at his courtside seat over the years at Lakers games (interspersed with other celebreties wearing Laker gear and smiling at the camera).

I hate the celebrety worshipping that happens at Laker games (specifically, but also in general in our society), especially watching Jack going off and not get tossed. Just torques me to no end when they keep showing that stuff. So I figure a rolling video with all his antics over the years would just start driving me bats*** crazy.
Jack wouldn't also be there in person among all those crazy Laker fans too, would he? :p

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Okay!!
Another missed day, and here's the current status of the round...

On The Clock: EndGame

Make-Up Picks: VikingInferno, Larry89

In 'The Hole':
Jespher

As a final addition to my island, i select...

Complete Erectile Disfunction.

Lets face it, on this crappy island, there is absolutely nothing provided that is could be considered enjoyable, accept maybe one thing. I just took that away.