Isaiah Thomas watch

Not sure where else this would go but apparently IT is already talking about how he plans on pushing to be a starter/finisher but he'll accept his role so long as they are winning and he's getting minutes. If not, he said he may get upset on the bench. It will be interesting to see if the suns do win and if that change of environment will temper his ego.

Not sure where else this would go but apparently IT is already talking about how he plans on pushing to be a starter/finisher but he'll accept his role so long as they are winning and he's getting minutes. If not, he said he may get upset on the bench. It will be interesting to see if the suns do win and if that change of environment will temper his ego.
god. so glad he's gone

I can just picture IT waving his towel from the bench trying to act like a good teammate while he watches Bledsoe and Dragic light it up....all the while IT is fuming on the inside hoping they both choke so coach will put him in hahaha

I can just picture IT waving his towel from the bench trying to act like a good teammate while he watches Bledsoe and Dragic light it up....all the while IT is fuming on the inside hoping they both choke so coach will put him in hahaha
IT has now responded to cuz over twitter. Sorry I'm on my phone and can't include the tweet. Should be an interesting first meeting this season.

apparently at media day when asked if he thought he made the right decision signing with the suns he said something along the lines of he didn't know if he made the right decision signing here and he'd have to wait until the season to know...

wow

He was probably so mad when the Suns gave Bledsoe that giant contract. After rumors of Bledsoe possibly going to Minnesota

IT on Twitter:

Isaiah Thomas ‏@Isaiah_Thomas 56m56 minutes ago
@boogiecousins haha I feel u. Say that then!

Calling out a former teammate on Twitter? IT (or whomever it is who runs his Twitter account) continues to show the immaturity that many of us found so perplexing.
Thanks. This was what I was referencing. It's funny reading Phoenix fans trying to figure out IT's statements while reassuring themselves he's such a good guy and competitor that he'll adapt his game and adjust to whatever role they need.

IT on Twitter:

Isaiah Thomas ‏@Isaiah_Thomas 56m56 minutes ago
@boogiecousins haha I feel u. Say that then!

Calling out a former teammate on Twitter? IT (or whomever it is who runs his Twitter account) continues to show the immaturity that many of us found so perplexing.
wow o_O

Something to do with this maybe?

Jason Jones @mr_jasonjones ·
DMC on PG changes: "it’s been incredible. It’s been a smooth transition. The ball is moving a lot better. It’s not stuck in one place ...

Jason Jones @mr_jasonjones ·
DMC continued: "...It’s not being overdribbled by anybody on the floor".

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What is he saying, that Demarcus should've said something last year to him about it?
That was my take. It's not the first time his Twitter account has said something that looks really more in line with something a high school girl would say. If he is writing those things himself, he has some serious issues. When you couple that with his apparent comment that he's not sure he should have ever signed with Sacramento, it's really beginning to get puzzling. He's making enough money to guarantee security for his family forever and he's gonna whine like a baby?

Whats the problem with IT's response to Cousins? If all he's saying is that Cousins should have said something last year, then what's the problem? You guys are getting way too TMZ on this.

Whats the problem with IT's response to Cousins? If all he's saying is that Cousins should have said something last year, then what's the problem? You guys are getting way too TMZ on this.
its TDOS

we have no kings news and this is juicy, so until the season starts im gonna be all over this kinda news lol

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There was no need for IT to say anything. That's the point - and the problem. The mere fact that the tweet in question has now been deleted would seem to indicate we aren't the only ones who thought it was a bush-league move.

IT has, over the past year or so, said a number of things that just weren't in keeping with a professional athlete. Some of them are still out there, while others are gone - deleted within a short period of time, just like something a kid would do.

IT has, over the past year or so, said a number of things that just weren't in keeping with a professional athlete. Some of them are still out there, while others are gone - deleted within a short period of time, just like something a kid would do.
Like when he told Carmichael Dave to stay in his lane. :confused:

its TDOS

we have no kings news and this is juicy, so until the season starts im gonna be all over this kinda news lol
Haha makes sense.

There was no need for IT to say anything. That's the point - and the problem. The mere fact that the tweet in question has now been deleted would seem to indicate we aren't the only ones who thought it was a bush-league move.

Why wasn't there a need for IT to say anything? Demarcus basically took some verbal jabs at him and IT responded. It's no different than if a member on here took some jabs at you and you responded. It's human nature to want to defend yourself. It's one thing to ignore stupid fan comments but it's another when your teammate and friend of the last few years throws out something like that.

I'm going to play devils advocate here and say that in this situation, IT is acting more like an adult and Cousins is acting like a little kid. Cousins' tweet was a passive aggressive jab at IT. IT responds basically saying if that's what you think, you should have said something at the time.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Haha makes sense.

Why wasn't there a need for IT to say anything? Demarcus basically took some verbal jabs at him and IT responded. It's no different than if a member on here took some jabs at you and you responded. It's human nature to want to defend yourself. It's one thing to ignore stupid fan comments but it's another when your teammate and friend of the last few years throws out something like that.

I'm going to play devils advocate here and say that in this situation, IT is acting more like an adult and Cousins is acting like a little kid. Cousins' tweet was a passive aggressive jab at IT. IT responds basically saying if that's what you think, you should have said something at the time.
And there's every indication Cousins might well HAVE said something at the time. Remember those "closed door" meetings? Just sayin'...

Haha makes sense.
Lol what? Cousins didn't tweet anything. He had a 12 minute long session with the media today, they asked him how things were going with the PG change, and he said it's going great

Ok sorry, tweet, verbal...whatever. The point still stands.

We're going to side with Cousins because he's a better player and because we agree with him that the ball stopped in IT's hands far too often. Point is that you don't throw out passive aggressive jabs at ex teammates.

You guys are acting like that ex teammate is immature while backing up an immature statement about him.

I read an article where he said he doesn't care about whether he starts or not, but he wants to finish out games and help the team win.. He also said he wanted to be a winning team, and did not necessarily say he'd accept his role in condition that the team gives him a lot of minutes. "I'm going to push to be one, but as long as I play and like Coach said I'm going to have a big role, I'm going to play big minutes. I'm fine with that."

http://arizonasports.com/41/1771252...unts-what-matters-to-Suns-guard-Isaiah-Thomas

I think this can be interpreted many ways by many views, but I personally see nothing wrong with it. I think IT's main problem is that he thinks the NBA doesn't believe in him yet.. so he continues to play with a chip on his shoulder.. little does he know, he's the one who has to believe in himself first.

I think players similar to IT were never meant to be starters in the NBA. His game revolves around scoring. Imagine how annoyed a team like the Clippers would be having IT as their starting pg.

Ok sorry, tweet, verbal...whatever. The point still stands.

We're going to side with Cousins because he's a better player and because we agree with him that the ball stopped in IT's hands far too often. Point is that you don't throw out passive aggressive jabs at ex teammates.

You guys are acting like that ex teammate is immature while backing up an immature statement about him.

How was that immature at all? He was asked how the process with the new PG is going and he responded positively. What did you want him to do? say "well it's not going that great, same old same old"

"The ball is moving a lot better. It’s not stuck in one place ..."

"It’s not being overdribbled by anybody on the floor"

It's an obvious jab at IT. Hell, it's the reason why you even posted those quotes in the first place. He could just say that the ball movement has been great and everyone is getting their shots...yada yada. Just because the comments are factual doesn't mean they aren't immature. If you're an ugly person and someone walks up to your face and calls you ugly, it's a factual statement but it's still immature.

This debate is pointless. Lets back up a guy making passive aggressive comments through the media and throw the guy on twitter in the fire who says "you should have said something". Take off the purple colored glasses people.