Is Vlade clueless?(split)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Thank you.

I had to remove him from ignore list since this thread kept popping up as "most recent" in the top forum folder, but still invisible within "all things Kings" when I try to access it since ignored member started it.

Can anything be done about this in the forum setup (to see posts in the threads started by ignored member)?
You should see a "ignored member comment" at the bottom of each page of a thread (before the reply box). Click on it and it will show the posts of whomever you have on ignore without restoring them to "visible" status.

K

KingsFan80

Thank you.

I had to remove him from ignore list since this thread kept popping up as "most recent" in the top forum folder, but still invisible within "all things Kings" when I try to access it since ignored member started it.

Can anything be done about this in the forum setup (to see posts in the threads started by ignored member)?
If people don't want me to post on here then I'll leave. Sorry I am blunt sometimes but I am a loyal Kings fan and tired of losing. Tired of bad drafts, tired of bad decisions, tired of seeing the Warriors kick our rear over and over and have to listen to their fans talk about it, their "fake" fans. It is very frustrating. I could easily run over onto that train but no chance of that. I am a Kings Fan regardless of our record but that doesn't mean I have to like the Front Office. I am plugged in with several folks who are inside the Kings organization and hearing their comments makes me even more frustrated.

It is very frustrating to watch bad decisions over and over and know it is going to have a crap outcome. I come on here to share information I have heard, good and bad as well as have discussions. I am far from being a cheerleader and will speak what I think. I understand that upsets people sometimes. Again, I am happy to leave and find a new board and sorry I pissed everyone off apparently.

If people don't want me to post on here then I'll leave. Sorry I am blunt sometimes but I am a loyal Kings fan and tired of losing. Tired of bad drafts, tired of bad decisions, tired of seeing the Warriors kick our rear over and over and have to listen to their fans talk about it, their "fake" fans. It is very frustrating. I could easily run over onto that train but no chance of that. I am a Kings Fan regardless of our record but that doesn't mean I have to like the Front Office. I am plugged in with several folks who are inside the Kings organization and hearing their comments makes me even more frustrated.

It is very frustrating to watch bad decisions over and over and know it is going to have a crap outcome. I come on here to share information I have heard, good and bad as well as have discussions. I am far from being a cheerleader and will speak what I think. I understand that upsets people sometimes. Again, I am happy to leave and find a new board and sorry I pissed everyone off apparently.
do not get it wrong.
I am not pissed about your posts, it is just that you do not support your opinion with any valid data and repeat the same stuff without anything new. Just boring.

There are many posters here that think that Vlade is not a good GM and I do not agree with them, but they bring quantitative reasons why, accept when something they say might be reach, post about other stuff too and post another interesting view why their opinion is valid. That is the debate and is interesting, and they are not on my ignore list.

No need to leave or change opinion, just hone your points better.

Pick swap looking dumber and dumber by the day. Philly: 18-29. Kings: 19*-29.

"LOL BUT PHILLY WILL NEVER BE BETTER THAN US"
I also learned the other day that Philly gets the more favorable of Sacramento or Milwaukee's 2nd round pick from that trade. Vlade gave Hinkie everything he wanted and then some.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I also learned the other day that Philly gets the more favorable of Sacramento or Milwaukee's 2nd round pick from that trade. Vlade gave Hinkie everything he wanted and then some.
Although Philadelphia does have the more favorable of Sacramento or Milwaukee's second round picks in the 2019 draft, this acquisition did not come in Vlade's "cap space" trade.

Originally, on 7/12/2013 the Kings sent two second round picks, the later being the right to swap 2019 second round picks, to Milwaukee for Luc Mbah a Moute.

Subsequently, Milwaukee sent that pick (along with the picks swap rights, of course) to Brooklyn in the Coach Jason Kidd deal. And even later, Brooklyn sent that Milwaukee/Sacramento pick to Philadelphia in a deal involving Marquis Teague and Casper Ware that has been completely forgotten by everybody except those keeping the books on future draft picks.

Bottom line is that, no, Vlade did not give that pick swap to Hinkie. Hinkie picked up that pick swap third-hand, and it was given up by PDA in the first place.

Chances are that in the grand scheme, it won't matter. That 2019 unprotected however...
I feel like that pick does matter. It does prevent the Kings from "purposely" tanking this year. If we tank this year, it means we get to keep our pick, but it doesn't mean we get that guaranteed slot. This was a general problem I saw coming. If things don't workout half-way through the season, there's no opt out plan of full-rebuild. Maybe Vlade didn't have rebuilding as part of his plan in the grand scheme of things.. I don't know.

Philly trade hurts us a lot more than current results indicate.

I feel like that pick does matter. It does prevent the Kings from "purposely" tanking this year. If we tank this year, it means we get to keep our pick, but it doesn't mean we get that guaranteed slot. This was a general problem I saw coming. If things don't workout half-way through the season, there's no opt out plan of full-rebuild. Maybe Vlade didn't have rebuilding as part of his plan in the grand scheme of things.. I don't know.

Philly trade hurts us a lot more than current results indicate.
Totally agree. However, I think it's pretty apparent that we are never going to purposely tank. My comment is an observation of what we actively see, not what could actually happen. Tanking might be ideal for a franchise like us, but our office has never been known to have much foresight, nor are you going to convince Boogie not to give it his all every night.

Unfortunately (and fortunately) fans have no influence.

Admittedly I was quite upset at the time when I had to drag myself away from this nonsensical 'debate' about Vlade's ability to GM during a game thread, knowing that it was neither the place nor the time.

But after reading this whole thread (And thanks to Capt. Factorial for saying everything I would have said, just much more elegantly), I'm feeling a whole lot better now.

K

KingsFan80

Admittedly I was quite upset at the time when I had to drag myself away from this nonsensical 'debate' about Vlade's ability to GM during a game thread, knowing that it was neither the place nor the time.

But after reading this whole thread (And thanks to Capt. Factorial for saying everything I would have said, just much more elegantly), I'm feeling a whole lot better now.
Great to hear. Come back to me in 2-3 years when we are still not making the playoffs.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
After seeing what Seth Curry is doing this year, I'm beginning to wonder if the Kings are allergic to good players.....
Agreed. I was very upset we let him leave. Especially after we decided not to re-sign Rondo and leave the PG position as a giant question mark for the future.

hrdboild

Staff member
Omg here we go

Curry is a SG right?! We have Richardson and Bogdanovic both better prospects.
He's more of a combo guard. I'm pretty sure we could use a backup PG who so far has shot 43% from deep for his career. Even if he's not a primary playmaker, we've got Temple at SG and Cousins handling the ball more as a playmaker as well. Letting him go was another big miss for us. He's a smart, productive player who played well for us and is continuing to play well for his next team. Sure we don't need to dwell on every mistake on into infinity, but let's not act like the front office doesn't make any mistakes either.

hrdboild

Staff member
If the Kings finish within the top 10 and the Sixers out of the top 10, does that mean the swapped pick goes to Chicago? If so, OUCH!
This has been covered already, but no. If our pick is 1-10 we keep the pick no matter what. At that point the Sixers will decide if they want our pick or their own (which will be obvious because they'll take whichever one is better). So it's actually possible that we end up picking in the teens this year despite our pick being only top 10 protected. A bit confusing, but that's the situation. It has the potential to be very costly but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Omg here we go

Curry is a SG right?! We have Richardson and Bogdanovic both better prospects.
Seriously - did you type this as a joke?

You really think that the Kings should be given away talent on the off chance that a rookie and a possible player next year will become better than Seth Curry is right now?

And, as the experienced basketball people say, it doesn't matter if Seth is a SG, or a PG - he's a good shooter.
Something the Kings desperately need.
And he played way better defense than Malachi has, and he's probably gotten better over this current season. And the league has moved to a small-ball, 3-pt shooting league.

BTW - your current starting "PG" (who's really a SG) says Hi.

I wasn't even sure if we should have kept him, but it's become obvious (AFAICT) that it was quite the mistake letting him go. (His salary is only $3 mill)

Totally agree. However, I think it's pretty apparent that we are never going to purposely tank. My comment is an observation of what we actively see, not what could actually happen. Tanking might be ideal for a franchise like us, but our office has never been known to have much foresight, nor are you going to convince Boogie not to give it his all every night.

Unfortunately (and fortunately) fans have no influence.
Vlade has a bias not to "tank", because it would shine a light on his Philly trade

Both management and coach, who is worried about his coaching record, have biases not to "tank" and play the youth. Which is why those without possible agendas in management/ownership have to step in if need be.

I enjoyed the win over the Warriors for the teams sake but I'd be lying if I said I am not worried how wins affect our top ten protected pick

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Vlade has a bias not to "tank", because it would shine a light on his Philly trade

Both management and coach, who is worried about his coaching record, have biases not to "tank" and play the youth. Which is why those without possible agendas in management/ownership have to step in if need be.

I enjoyed the win over the Warriors for the teams sake but I'd be lying if I said I am not worried how wins affect our top ten protected pick
Indeed, those without possible agendas...like Vivek? :confused:

There is noone. And there should be noone. I'm praying that all those dissenting voices have been silenced and squashed once for all. The open dissension and confusion and anonymous whispers and leaks was the surest sign of the dumpster fire.

And BTW, fans be blind sometimes with their own biases: the "culture change" which is the real focus of everyone below Vivek (who like most owners just wants to win) is well WELL underway now. It's probably why Joerger has a smile on his face so much. These guys compete every night against any team. And that was what Joerger's focus was this year. Teaching a franchise how to reflexively compete. Wins are the result of such a culture, not the cause of it.

Pffftt Robbed him.

Chriss won Rookie of the Month and followed that up with 27 points. I hope that BB is legit or this will be another blunder by Vlade.
I wish Chriss the best he doesn't have anything to do with it. Vlade can hit on every one of his draftees still.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.