Is it just me, or is Mobley the WORST decision maker ever!?

Well I think everyone wanted to win, but I think Mobley did WAY TOO MUCH!!

Mobley was driblling the ball on a fasstbreak trys to give it to Bibby, gets stolen by Ray Allen.It was a very bad pass, but most importantly THE GEARS SWITCHED AROUND.

That is when the momentum started for the Seattle Sonics and started their run.

Mobley is a good player, but needs know when to pass and when to shoot. He needs to know when he needs to make the extra pass or know when there is a important possesion.

VF21 said:
So this year Cat is going to be the polarizing player?

Cuttino Mobley didn't give up last night, and that's something I can't say about many of the rest of the guys on the court.

You're always pretty hard on him, Brick, so I tend to take it with a grain of salt. Last night, I saw him passing the ball frequently - although Bibby acted like it was poison on several occasions and the commentators made it sound like that was Cat's fault.

:rolleyes:

No one was above reproach by the end of last night's game, but I give Cat a little more credit because he was still obviously wanting to win.
I gave Mobely time on this club to get use to team ball style the Kings play. I am begining to wonder if his style does not fit in with the Kings. That is not his fault that it just the way it is. People should not blame Cat on this it is just that he does not fit our team dynamic.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Rockmeister said:
You took the words right out of my mouth.
I don't. Regardless of whether we want him or not, its better for us if he comes back. He'd be an ending contract and valuable trade piece as an expiring contract if he doesn't opt out.

Bricklayer said:
I don't. Regardless of whether we want him or not, its better for us if he comes back. He'd be an ending contract and valuable trade piece as an expiring contract if he doesn't opt out.
UYes I aggree he could be used in a package deal to get a real good player. Example see Dumars last year in tradeing for Rasheed

Bricklayer said:
Good point. I didn't think about that. Ok, I changed my mind. You do know that a woman can changer her mind. ;)

Mobley could be valuable to us as trade bait.

He absolutely kills us on offense unless he's making a ton of 3's. Anyone who's played basketball knows what it's like to run a complicated offense and then have the ball disappear into a black hole while you're running around like in a square dance. You say to yourself if this guy is gonna shoot every time, why am I doing this little dance to free myself?

And those second half turnovers where I was already ringing up our points, only to give it right back to Seattle????? I yelled long and loud.

maybe someone has already addressed this, but cat wasn't the only one making bad choices.

there were a couple times during the third and the fourth game when we came close but the time was running out, and mike made some rushed-decision that made me just want to straingle him.

i love our guys with all my heart, but moments happens. even the well-experienced players do that.

i just hope it doesn't happen again. this can't be good for my blood pressure.

Bricklayer said:
Can he opt on and we sign and trade him? Not sure on the rules u seem more up on that stuff.

If so I wouldn't mind that. If not then I might have to agree that we keep him. In the thinking we will not be contending next year so it doesn't hurt to keep him and get the most out of it we can. Possibly a mid season deal to get a larger contract on a disgruntled star somewhere.

i would give cat a little longer before talking about trading him. he just got here not very long ago, and he's worked hard and deligently in staying and being part of the team.

i don't think it's fair to judge him yet. he deserves some more time.

fakie said:
i would give cat a little longer before talking about trading him. he just got here not very long ago, and he's worked hard and deligently in staying and being part of the team.

i don't think it's fair to judge him yet. he deserves some more time.
Just out of curiosity, how much time should we give him?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
At least a full season IMHO - after an opportunity to have training camp, etc. with the team, if he still doesn't meld into the fabric of the team, then do what needs to be done.

gat

G-League
VF21 said:
At least a full season IMHO - after an opportunity to have training camp, etc. with the team, if he still doesn't meld into the fabric of the team, then do what needs to be done.
You're right.

Last year I kept saying to myself, "wait until next year." Now I find myself saying that again. Arrgh! It's obvious he has tons of potential. Can't wait to see what he can bring to the team next season.... if he gets the chance.