IPOD Decades Songs Draft - Rankings underway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still don't know which way to go with the last 70s pick, so it's time to wrap up the 80s...

Apache - Sugarhill Gang (1981)

[yt=Apache]vQObWW06VAM[/yt]

Which of course leads to this classic TV moment:

[yt=Fresh Prince]GCFRJEjM3fc[/yt]

Link, from wikipedia

Over the Hills and Far Away - Led Zeppelin - 70's

Getting harder to choose. I have assumed from the start though that I would be able to get my Zep and Stones on at the end, and so it is.

This particular video in my opinion is the best display of Led Zeppelin's musicianship I've seen. Page's guitar tone is so perfect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Over_the_Hills_and_Far_Away_(song)

[yt=Hey lady - you got the love I need]uqZzV1N2-bQ&feature=fvw[/yt]

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I liked the Bob Seger original and, oddly enough (since I'm not a particular fan of this group) I liked this cover...

Turn the Page - Metallica - 90s

[yt=Turn The Page]sMqNFAU0tOw[/yt]

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
He's licking his lips, he's ready to win
On the hunt tonight for love at first sting
As I'm coming down to the end here, I realize that my '80s list is full of traditional "80s" music but sadly short of the hard rock that I cut my teeth on. I'll fix that with my last '80s pick, the lead song off of one of the best rock albums of the decade: Rock You Like A Hurricane by The Scorpions (released 1984).

Be sure to listen through the video for the awesome solo by Matthias Jabs!

[yt=Rock You Like A Hurricane]rB8HudfbaTE[/yt]

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I had asked the commissioner on a ruling for a totally different choice for my last nineties pick but, after listening to this song again for the first time in a while, decided to go with this instead. As I told LPKingsFan, the song he picked was about the third-best on that album. That's because the best one is:

[yt=Not strong, only agressive. Not free, we only licensed...]Qaf05JvYSBc[/yt]

Thieves in the Night - Black Star: Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Black Star (1999)

How can you not like a rap song that quotes Toni Morrison?

My final pick is from the 80's...

BRINGIN' ON THE HEARTBREAK - Def Leppard (1981)

[yt=Bringin' On The Heartbreak]R1-j9hEPenM[/yt]

Pyromania and Hysteria were great albums...but for my money, this song from High and Dry is Def Leppard at their best.

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Pyromania and Hysteria were great albums...but for my money, this song from Diver Down is Def Leppard at their best.
You mean High And Dry. Diver Down was Van Halen. :D

Great song, by the way. Gypsy...sitting, looking pretty...a broken rose with laughing eyes...

I couldn't have an island without something from The Doors. I think I must have heard this song about a million times when I was growing up. A great song and a great way to end a fun draft!

Riders on the Storm - The Doors - 70s

[yt=Riders on the Storm]DKbPUzhWeeI[/yt]

Status
Not open for further replies.