Internet audio for Grant, Lamb and Coz shows?

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Living "over the hill" from silicon valley on the coast cuts out most or all of the KHTK broadcasts in the 4-7 time slot. Even later for Coz and other KHTK offerings the reception is poor. Driving down I-5 alot KHTK also cuts out just at Harris Ranch and the cutoff to Lemore NAS.

Wouldn't it be great if we could get an audio feed of KHTK sports talk shows? Grant+Lamb 4-7 and Coz 7-9 all on non-game days.
(Game broadcasts are available via the NBA on "pay-to-listen")

This is just running the perverbial flag up the pole to see how many salute the idea. I'd even pay for such a service, sort of like ESPN Insider, around $5 per month. Have no clue if KHTK or anyone could or would do this but if enough Kings fans pushed for it, anything is possible. What is the consensus? :D

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
From what I understand, KHTK has no plans to provide audio feeds via the Internet for their broadcasts...

And, quite frankly, I wouldn't pay to hear Grant. His ego is too big already. If he found out people actually paid to hear him, they'd have to find a bigger studio.

J

joethecrow

Well, if you knew someone in the Sacramento Area, you could broadcast...however it would take some work,

You would need a machine here to have a stereo with a AM reciever with it's audio output into the input of a soundcard located in a machine in Sac. That machine would also need WinAmp 2.81 (with the ShoutCast DSP plugin) installed.

Then you would need a Shoutcast server to connect to.

The radio in Sacramento would need to then tune into 1140...and then the WinAmp configured to use the SoundCard input to broadcast from, this will broadcast all sound coming into the machine from the radio. Then you would need to configure your machine to connect to the .pls URL from ShoutCast.

It's really basic stuff...just a pain in the rear to set up if you have to do it remotely.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
joethecrow said:
Well, if you knew someone in the Sacramento Area, you could broadcast...however it would take some work,

You would need a machine here to have a stereo with a AM reciever with it's audio output into the input of a soundcard located in a machine in Sac. That machine would also need WinAmp 2.81 (with the ShoutCast DSP plugin) installed.

Then you would need a Shoutcast server to connect to.

The radio in Sacramento would need to then tune into 1140...and then the WinAmp configured to use the SoundCard input to broadcast from, this will broadcast all sound coming into the machine from the radio. Then you would need to configure your machine to connect to the .pls URL from ShoutCast.

It's really basic stuff...just a pain in the rear to set up if you have to do it remotely.
Not to mention illegal.

J

joethecrow

Bricklayer said:
Not to mention illegal.
Ah yes, illegal. I wonder how many here have 'legal' mp3's on their computer, including you J-dawg.

I wouldnt suggest doing this doing it for the masses, but if the guy wants to catch the show, it's all him. But it is possible to do.

CruzDude

JB_kings said:
Infinity Broadcasting (CBS owned) owns KHTK and has a policy against any of their stations being broadcast on the 'net.
Does that mean if it would increase listeners and increase ad revenue and increase profits they would not look at the possbility? ;)

D

Deez

Who would pay to listen to Mike Lamb? That guy is HORRIBLE and knows nothing about sports.

I think those away from Sacto would pay to hear people talk about the Kings...even if they are terrible. That is the case for me anyway.

CruzDude

Heuge said:
I think those away from Sacto would pay to hear people talk about the Kings...even if they are terrible. That is the case for me anyway.
Exactly. We are out of the radio loop and want up-to-date info. I personally think Lamb is a great tradeoff to Grants' ranting. Besides, he went to a great school, USC :D

CruzDude

A high level source at KHTK today replied to my email inquiring about future possibility of 4-9pm sports show audio on the Internet: "We are working on it, we get a lot of requests". First encouraging feedback. Knowing the Maloofs, if they are or get involved we may see it sooner than later.

All those outside the KHTK broadcast area, send KHTK an email requesting and supporting sport show broadcast audio on the Internet, through their web site of course.

i also wish KHTK was on the internet. i live on the peninsula of the bay area and i can get a connection, but it's not a very good one, and i can only get it in certian parts of the house.

it would be nice to listen to it with out a bunch of static.

i shall add on the list of people emailing the station.