I'm on the Moreland band wagon. Are you?

Are you on the Moreland bandwagon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutely. Perfect guy to stash in Reno for a year and then see what he can do next season. He's got some fire to his game, good rebounder, and some solid defensive instincts. The tools are there for a very good player.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Absolutely. Perfect guy to stash in Reno for a year and then see what he can do next season. He's got some fire to his game, good rebounder, and some solid defensive instincts. The tools are there for a very good player.
Agreed; sign him, and stash him. Let him get a year of seasoning, while D'Alessandro figures out how to get rid of the dead weight in front of him.

Wow. 21-0 so far.

And I don't buy that he's too skinny. I think he's fine where he is. Just needs experience and some work on the offense.

Like I said before, PDA needs to sign Moreland to an NBA contract ASAP to make sure he doesn't slip to another team.

I think he could develop into a nice rotation or starting power forward in time.

Get it done PDA and Vivek!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Wow. 21-0 so far.

And I don't buy that he's too skinny. I think he's fine where he is. Just needs experience and some work on the offense.
Well, it's harder to tell during Summer League when a lot of the big men are whispy and generally only on the court because they're taller than 6'8" but he probably needs a good 20 to 25 more pounds to effectively grapple inside for boards against the Howards and Drummonds of the world. Time to have him work out with JT over the rest of the offseason.

gunks

Hall of Famer
**** yes.

Although, I was also on the Justin Williams wagon....So I am approaching this wagon with cautious optimism.

Anyways....Dude is rad, I hope he makes the team and gets 15 or so minutes a game. I imagine he'd be quite the fan favorite, even if he only plays in garbage time. Dude friggin goes after it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
“He’s 6-foot-9, he’s athletic, he’s long and has an unbelievable motor,” said Kings coach Michael Malone of Moreland. “I told him in front of the whole team, he goes in there and he makes stuff happen. His activity, his motor, his multiple-effort mindset bodes well for him and his future. ... He’s an energizer bunny.”

Moreland, a rookie from Oregon State, has done that repeatedly with his defensive efforts and rebounding.

“That’s what they brought me in for, that’s what they wanted to see so I dont’ really worry about offense right now,” Moreland said.

Moreland checked into the game in the first quarter and immediately stuffed a dunk attempt by Chicago’s Lance Thomas.

“I can’t even sit here and tell you I know how to shot block, I just want it,” Moreland said. “When they go up I want to block the shot.”

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/07/19/6568543/kings-use-balanced-offense-to.html#storylink=cpy

**** yes.

Although, I was also on the Justin Williams wagon....So I am approaching this wagon with cautious optimism.

Anyways....Dude is rad, I hope he makes the team and gets 15 or so minutes a game. I imagine he'd be quite the fan favorite, even if he only plays in garbage time. Dude friggin goes after it.
Justin Williams didn't have handles or passing. Moreland plays limited game (need to learn to finish like a big man - one thing he still hasn't, maybe, some Acy lessons? :D), because he knows, that's the way to make it for him, said so in the interview - looks like he has a plan and is pretty intelligent overall. Still he is pretty skilled, so if he bulks up and get a spot on the roster, Moreland will surprise many with his skill level.
P.S. Adding weight and learning to finish is a must, otherwise he stays nice SL story.

A big block can be just as much of a momentum swing as a dunk. I'm all for bringing in this kid for 10-15 minutes a game. He's earned it imo.

With what we have seen so far from this kid, does anyone else feel like he probably should have cracked the top 60 in this year's draft?

Last edited:
We know this kid can block shots and that is what he wants as a mission to do in the NBA. He has tremendous potential on that area and he can come very cheap. Fortunately for him, that is the kind of player we kingsfans are looking for.

Just to give you an idea how tall Eric Moreland is. Maybe add a little bit of weight and he will be fine.

Height without Shoes:

Aaron Gray- 7' 0"
BJ Mullens- 6' 11.75

Tyson Chandler- 6' 11.5"

Brooke Lopez- 6' 11.25"

Greg Oden- 6' 11"
JaValle Mcgee- 6' 11"
Kevin Garnet - 6' 11"
Joel Embiid??????

Joakim Noah- 6' 10.5"
Spencer Hawes- 6' 10.5"

Chris Bosh- 6' 10.25"