If We Only ...

If we only played <insert scrub name here> we would have won!

I am so sick of people saying if Eddie House played some minutes instead of Bibby we'd win. If Ostertag played some of Brad Miller's minutes we'd win. If Maurice Evans played instead of Mobley, we'd win.

If you are making one of these arguments, take a step back and listen to yourself. The fact that you are arguing that these players would have made the difference shows just how NOT a contender this team is. I'm routing for them all the way, but if House, Ostertag, and/or Evans is your answer, you'll be waiting a long time for any wins. All Stars have bad games. Teams get beaten. The end of the bench is not the solution.

Manu Ginobili

Imagine if we had Manu Ginobili Honestly . Oh dear god. He can shoot. Defend.. And when he drives to the rim aint no one stoping him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
keflanag said:
If we only played <insert scrub name here> we would have won!

I am so sick of people saying if Eddie House played some minutes instead of Bibby we'd win. If Ostertag played some of Brad Miller's minutes we'd win. If Maurice Evans played instead of Mobley, we'd win.

If you are making one of these arguments, take a step back and listen to yourself. The fact that you are arguing that these players would have made the difference shows just how NOT a contender this team is. I'm routing for them all the way, but if House, Ostertag, and/or Evans is your answer, you'll be waiting a long time for any wins. All Stars have bad games. Teams get beaten. The end of the bench is not the solution.
Word.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Well, I don't think that's really what people mean when they say that. Half of it is just the frustration of watching as the win slips away and feeling powerless to stop it. It's like that in every sport. Maybe the starting pitcher should have stayed in longer, maybe he should have been taken out before he gave up that homerun. Maybe we should have pinch hit with a runner on third and two outs. Well I don't really watch other sports much, but I'm sure there's more examples.

I think really what that means is we don't know what would have happened if OTag or Eddie House had come in at a pivotal time. And because we don't know, and we'll never know, the "What if" fantasy that it could have changed the game around is better than the reality of losing. I agree it can be annoying, but if it helps people cope with the losing, then they should be allowed to speculate.