If Kings do not make playoffs, what shall we root for

I personally want Kings to get in the playoffs, even if they are humiliated in the first round.
Good for moral, experience, habits, free agent destination and such.

However, if that does not happen, what shall we root for:
a) To get outside the bottom 10 so Chicago finally gets our 1st round pick and the whole good draft pick scenarios regarding the deal with Philly in future years
b) To give draft another chance with 7-10th pick this year, and forget about any meaningful pick till 2020.

Do not know enough about this years draft.
Is there any WCS level ready SG that can be in that range for us?

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I personally want Kings to get in the playoffs, even if they are humiliated in the first round.
Good for moral, experience, habits, free agent destination and such.

However, if that does not happen, what shall we root for:
a) To get outside the bottom 10 so Chicago finally gets our 1st round pick and the whole good draft pick scenarios regarding the deal with Philly in future years
b) To give draft another chance with 7-10th pick this year, and forget about any meaningful pick till 2020.

Do not know enough about this years draft.
Is there any WCS level ready SG that can be in that range for us?
First, we won't be without a draft pick until 2020. The rules say you can't trade a first round pick two years in a row. So even if we keep our pick this year, two out of the next four years we'll have a first round pick. The only catch is that it may not be ours. The 76'ers have the right to switch picks with us. Considering that their pick, at least for the forseeable future will be lower than ours, I doubt they'll be switching. Plus I believe that after next season, our first round pick owed to the Bulls, turns into a second round pick.

As to whether there are any good defensive minded SG's in the coming draft, it's too early to tell. There's always going to be a player that surprises and is better than everyone thought. Players like Middleton and Klay Thompson spring to mind. When you stop and think about it, the Warriors have built their team around players that ended up being far better than expected. Curry, Thompson, and Green. I doubt it's all been luck.

First, we won't be without a draft pick until 2020. The rules say you can't trade a first round pick two years in a row. So even if we keep our pick this year, two out of the next four years we'll have a first round pick. The only catch is that it may not be ours. The 76'ers have the right to switch picks with us. Considering that their pick, at least for the forseeable future will be lower than ours, I doubt they'll be switching. Plus I believe that after next season, our first round pick owed to the Bulls, turns into a second round pick.

As to whether there are any good defensive minded SG's in the coming draft, it's too early to tell. There's always going to be a player that surprises and is better than everyone thought. Players like Middleton and Klay Thompson spring to mind. When you stop and think about it, the Warriors have built their team around players that ended up being far better than expected. Curry, Thompson, and Green. I doubt it's all been luck.
My biggest fear is that we finally place in the top 3 of the lottery, or god forbid, get the #1 overall.