If i had one wish for the kings it would be.................

G

godsthename

not to have made any trades and seen what would of happened. I have been a kings fans for over 6 years now and noone remains on this team from the 1998 year besides corliss and peja. No jwill no more vlade no more doug no more cwebb. My love for the kings is fading fast because they just dont seem the same. I want the kings to win dont get me wrong but it will not be the same its not the same team that i wanted to win for so long.

Most of all i feel bad for webber because this kings team was his last chance he had to win a ring. Now he will retire a loser according to the haters. I cried that day he got traded one because he wasnt going to be a king anymore and two because he had worked so hard and just got booted out the door.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Dude, get a grip on reality. Teams change.

You've been a Kings fan only for the good times. Try following a team, through lows AND highs, before you start wailing. If your love for the Kings is fading fast, don't let the door hit you in the posterior on the way out.

As a 9er fan, I can tell you the low times can be quite low but it makes the good times much better also as a Tar Heel fan. What a year those guys had :).

I think it is hard for many people to deal with change.

The prior "KINGS" had a GREAT run, were fun to watch, and damn near made it to the championship. I enjoyed the ride!

Now, it's time to reload or rebuild and start another run. Fortunately, the Kings have a great GM and committed owners.

F

Fillmoe

bigbadred00 said:
As a 9er fan, I can tell you the low times can be quite low but it makes the good times much better also as a Tar Heel fan. What a year those guys had :).
im a 9er fan too! :) the only good thing about the low times is when you have a decent or good year you appreciate it even more..... i see alot of kings fans upset that they only won 50 games...... i find that kind of funny

yeah, 50 games is quite impressive considering the turmoil. imagine 2 wins boys, after being the best team from the early 80s to the mid 90s. you can't even imagine how embarrasing it is considering the team won 12 or 13 games just 3 years ago. what goes around comes around, especially with John York at the helm.

F

Fillmoe

York messed up a perfectly good team............. but honestly i think this year our D is gonna be in the top 10!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So this is now going to be about the 49ers? Geez, and they say the team has a lack of focus...

;)

My wish for the Kings . . .

that they would have fun playing again. I know it seems trite, but one of the things I have enjoyed the most over the past few seasons (not including the wins) is watching the TEAM have fun playing a TEAM sport together. I would like to see us get that back.

if i have one wish, it would be for them to play with the confidence and focus they had during the second quarter of game 4 all the time.

I've been a Kings fan for many years, and I know that we have become spoiled. I will never forget our first 50+ win season, nor will I forget the wonderful players that have been part of our history and made the last few years so exciting, so fun, and yet, so heartbreaking.

Obviously we have to move on, and embrace the team as it is today. I do that, and I love this team without reservation. BUT, I would have loved to see what would have happened if we kept Webb for the rest of this season. Could have made a huge difference, or we could be in the same situation, we will never really know, but I really wanted one last run at the playoffs with Webb as a King.

P

PejaFor3

bigbadred00 said:
i heard that
im a niner fan here
its been really low lately

VF21 said:
Dude, get a grip on reality. Teams change.

You've been a Kings fan only for the good times. Try following a team, through lows AND highs, before you start wailing. If your love for the Kings is fading fast, don't let the door hit you in the posterior on the way out.
Nail. Hammer. Head.
Couldn't of said it better myself

I will admint I havent been a kings fan for that long only 4 years BUT I follow teams in soccer and AFL (our national football code) that have been at rock bottom in some cases even for a couple of years. If you really SUPPORT the team you will stick with them through thick and thin and if you don't then you are a Bandwagon supporter.

VF21 said:
So this is now going to be about the 49ers? Geez, and they say the team has a lack of focus...

;)
Only bringing it up b/c I'm a fan of a struggling team and it does suck, but you "deal" with it. Kings are still a good team, 50 wins, a 6th playoff seed, yes it's been our worst in years, but it's still good compared to lets say, my 9ers or the Clippers.

godsthename said:
not to have made any trades and seen what would of happened. I have been a kings fans for over 6 years now and noone remains on this team from the 1998 year besides corliss and peja. No jwill no more vlade no more doug no more cwebb. My love for the kings is fading fast because they just dont seem the same. I want the kings to win dont get me wrong but it will not be the same its not the same team that i wanted to win for so long.

Most of all i feel bad for webber because this kings team was his last chance he had to win a ring. Now he will retire a loser according to the haters. I cried that day he got traded one because he wasnt going to be a king anymore and two because he had worked so hard and just got booted out the door.
Who else thinks this is a troll? I could easily be wrong, but the Webb retiring as a loser sounds a little lakerish to me.

webber is not a loser. yes he never won the title, but many great players haven't. he brought winning to Sacto and brought winning elsewhere. Titles are extremely important, but there are many great players without titles, such as Malone, Barkley, Reggie, and of course Webber.

bigbadred00 said:
webber is not a loser. yes he never won the title, but many great players haven't. he brought winning to Sacto and brought winning elsewhere. Titles are extremely important, but there are many great players without titles, such as Malone, Barkley, Reggie, and of course Webber.

actually, the guys you've just named have at LEAST all been TO the finals. webber was an inch close. but almost aint it, if you know what i mean.

We played easily the best team in the league in 02, too bad it was in our own conference instead of the finals.

Fine then-

Ray Allen
Dirk
T-Mac
Jermaine O'neal
Nash

You know what I'm saying, these guys are all younger though. all these guys never won, that's the point. who cares if it was 1 inch or 1 foot. webber could be the 12th guy on the Detroit bench and win it, would that really make him a winner. was Mitch Richmond's title with the Lakers really his crowning moment. not really.