Idan Ravin: Small comment on WCS

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'm not sure this article deserves it's own thread, but not knowing where else to stick it, alas, here it is. The article covers the career travels of Idan Ravin from lawyer to NBA trainer, and while his journey is interesting, what does it have to do with the Kings you ask? Well near the end of the article he comments on three rookie players he's been working with this offseason. Okafor, Winslow, and Willie Cauley-Stein. I thought his comments about WCS were particularly interesting, and thus, the post.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-idan-ravin-how-became-an-elite-trainer-lawyer/

Cauley-Stein: “I think Willie could be revolutionary. You know what’s interesting? I think Willie’s versatility is extraordinary and I don’t think people even know it yet. I think he’ll eventually be able to shoot it very well, he puts the ball on the floor well and he runs well. He’s incredibly versatile. I think it would be a shame to just put him underneath the basket and have him run up and down the court blocking shots. I think that wouldn’t be taking advantage of his gifts and I don’t think that’s what he’s destined to be. I think it would kind of be putting him in handcuffs if that is his role and that is what he is limited to, because he could be very special.”
Whoa, talk about a lawyer trainer with an impressive list of clients including everysingle superstars.

While, his scouting report on Okafor and Winslow is pretty generic and biased, its very specific when it comes to WCS. So he uncovered WCS is versatile on Offense as well? Hope Karl exploits it.