I love Grant Napear! I hate Grant Napear! (split from the KHTK thread)

Napear on Cousins...

I don't listen to KHTK much anymore. Over the last several years I have picked up Grant's antipathy towards Demarcus. I've also read through various postings regarding Grant's belief that Cousins is a- 1) Cancer in the locker room 2) Coach Killer 3) Overly demonstrable on the floor.

My question concerning Grant's opinion on Demarcus is why? Grant works around the Kings players and organization. So, what's his agenda? I'm not trying to be obtuse, I'm genuinely curious. He seemingly has put himself in a very awkward position of criticizing THE star player who he has to interact with. Is he schilling for someone? Does he need something to talk about?

Napear on Cousins...

I don't listen to KHTK much anymore. Over the last several years I have picked up Grant's antipathy towards Demarcus. I've also read through various postings regarding Grant's belief that Cousins is a- 1) Cancer in the locker room 2) Coach Killer 3) Overly demonstrable on the floor.

My question concerning Grant's opinion on Demarcus is why? Grant works around the Kings players and organization. So, what's his agenda? I'm not trying to be obtuse, I'm genuinely curious. He seemingly has put himself in a very awkward position of criticizing THE star player who he has to interact with. Is he schilling for someone? Does he need something to talk about?

Or do perhaps people misunderstand him and can't see that he has nothing to gain from killing the star player but is brutally honest (his opinion) to a fault? That despite the fact that he gets killed for being a mouthpiece he is going against the team and a large portion of the fanbase with absolutely zero to gain but headaches for himself and a sense of being honest?

Please give me a second to duck the onslaught of things you are all about to throw at me.

Ok go

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Or do perhaps people misunderstand him and can't see that he has nothing to gain from killing the star player but is brutally honest (his opinion) to a fault?
Sorry Dave, can't go for it. First of All™, if you feel that you're being misunderstood, the fault does not lie with the people who heard what you said. For Napear to have been doing this as long as he has, if the listeners believe that he's dragging a player, the most reasonable conclusion is that it's because that's exactly what he intended for them to believe. I don't think for a second that he's just keeping it real, and all the rest of us are just not understanding him.

Second of All, when you ask, what would Napear have to gain from killing the star player, my answer is going to be, "I don't know." However, comma, when you suggest that him having nothing to gain means that he wouldn't do it, I feel like there is an implied statement in there that you think that Grant Napear is above pettiness. Now, I'll stipulate that you have access to Napear that us peons do not, but nothing about Grant Napear which he has allowed us peons to know about him gives me any reason to believe that he isn't as subject to pettiness as the rest of us. So then, the question becomes, do I think that Grant Napear is petty enough to kill the star player, even if he has nothing to gain from it? And my answer to that question is, I absolutely believe that he's that petty; I think his pettiness is on fleek.

Not disagreeing, because it's an opinion.

But tell me WHY you think he'd do something purposely counterproductive to his job and players he deals with on a daily basis that's petty.

I guess I'm saying- outline for me why you think he is prone to being petty. Based on what?

You're also discounting that this board tends to swing (for understandable reasons) pro-Kings player. There are PLENTY of Kings fans who agree 100% with Grant, and think he's dead on. So it's SOME people that aren't seeing his logic, not all.

And thirdly, I expect you meant it tongue in cheek, but the paeon comment implies that mine or Grant's opinion carries more weight, or there is a level that others don't have.

I know Grant very well simply because we work together, and Grant's opinion weighs with me because he spends half the year living with the team and exposed to things we all don't see.

If that's not what you were implying Mea Culpa

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Or do perhaps people misunderstand him and can't see that he has nothing to gain from killing the star player but is brutally honest (his opinion) to a fault? That despite the fact that he gets killed for being a mouthpiece he is going against the team and a large portion of the fanbase with absolutely zero to gain but headaches for himself and a sense of being honest?

Please give me a second to duck the onslaught of things you are all about to throw at me.

Ok go
Mr. Brutally Honest hides behind the cutoff switch on his radio show where he can play unfettered King always with the last and only word.

Mr. Brutally Honest presents as a coward and a bully pitching a demagogue's narrative from the safest perch he can find. The term is bully pulpit for a reason.

Last edited:
Wonderful interview, Dave! Thank you! I very much enjoyed it.
What does Grant have to gain? What the hell ELSE would he talk about if he wasn't prattling on endlessly about how horrid Boogie is? His show, unfortunately, comes on around my drive home time. I will try to listen, because I want to hear Kings news, I rarely make it past 10 minutes. Maybe all the losing has effected Grant too, he used to be a douche at times, but he wan't a TOTAL 24/7 jerk the way he is now. He is absolutely horrible to callers who have any kind of differing opinion than himself and would probably be best served to be in a format where he wasn't the be all and end all of his own little world.
It also isn't as if Cousins is the first player he has done this too. He dislikes and goes after players who don't give him access or call him on his BS. He's as fake as the day is long in the summer. Remember that time he was going OFF about what a wasted draft pick/pos some player (was it Spencer Hawes? or JT?) was for like 45 minutes, not realizing they were down the hall doing a commercial. Oddly enough, they took offense and came down to his studio. It was like you flipped a light switch, all of a sudden he was mr. asskisser. He talked crap about Bobby faking, or making more of, his abdominal injury in the play offs, until Bobby called him on it to his face. My bet would be he tried to be all nicey (fake) to Boogie initially while simultaneously talking out the other side of his neck and Boogie recognized him as the slime ball he is and it became a personal vendetta with Grant. How much power does he actually hold? Quite a bit, since he is able to shape the entire narrative of a large percentage of Kings fans. All these people who call into your shows, the ones who post on some Facebook pages and reiterate, word for word, what they have been fed by Grant are proof.

Mr. Brutally Honest hides behind the cutoff switch on his radio show where he can play unfettered King always with the last and only word.

Mr. Brutally Honest presents as a coward and a bully pitching a demagogue's narrative from the safest perch he can find. The term is bully pulpit for a reason.
Forgive me- but says the highly opinionated moderator of a message board that deals with zero players nor forum posters personally. So maybe cool it on the coward stuff.

One could argue that you can come off as a bully pitching a narrative from an even safer perch.

Now before you flame me, you don't think the comparison has merit- emotion aside? I'm honestly not trying to attack you.

Last edited:
Wonderful interview, Dave! Thank you! I very much enjoyed it.
What does Grant have to gain? What the hell ELSE would he talk about if he wasn't prattling on endlessly about how horrid Boogie is? His show, unfortunately, comes on around my drive home time. I will try to listen, because I want to hear Kings news, I rarely make it past 10 minutes. Maybe all the losing has effected Grant too, he used to be a douche at times, but he wan't a TOTAL 24/7 jerk the way he is now. He is absolutely horrible to callers who have any kind of differing opinion than himself and would probably be best served to be in a format where he wasn't the be all and end all of his own little world.
It also isn't as if Cousins is the first player he has done this too. He dislikes and goes after players who don't give him access or call him on his BS. He's as fake as the day is long in the summer. Remember that time he was going OFF about what a wasted draft pick/pos some player (was it Spencer Hawes? or JT?) was for like 45 minutes, not realizing they were down the hall doing a commercial. Oddly enough, they took offense and came down to his studio. It was like you flipped a light switch, all of a sudden he was mr. asskisser. He talked crap about Bobby faking, or making more of, his abdominal injury in the play offs, until Bobby called him on it to his face. My bet would be he tried to be all nicey (fake) to Boogie initially while simultaneously talking out the other side of his neck and Boogie recognized him as the slime ball he is and it became a personal vendetta with Grant. How much power does he actually hold? Quite a bit, since he is able to shape the entire narrative of a large percentage of Kings fans. All these people who call into your shows, the ones who post on some Facebook pages and reiterate, word for word, what they have been fed by Grant are proof.

Many points in here, and thank you for the kind words about the interview.

I would ask this- if he's such a brutal turnoff with his negativity, why is it he has been the highest rated sports show in the city in any day part for the last 20 years, and has managed while being so "negative", to also remain employed with the team and have generally very good relationships with 98% of the players over the years?

Are the listeners and fans just clueless? Lemmings? Sheep?

I think maybe it's in the eye of the beholder, no?

Not disagreeing, because it's an opinion.

But tell me WHY you think he'd do something purposely counterproductive to his job and players he deals with on a daily basis that's petty.

I guess I'm saying- outline for me why you think he is prone to being petty. Based on what?

He has a track record of being petty/having and carrying grudges on air. I have had the 'pleasure' of dealing with him at my last job, as a normal person. He was not very nice to people he obviously considered 'beneath' him. It takes a lot to get rated as a 'red' (handle with extreme caution) customer, but he managed it with ease. I never had issues with him because I didn't take his bullying, but he sure put the fear into some of those little 20-25 year olds trying to do their job. I no longer work for that company, so my non-disclosure agreements are no longer binding.

I would ask this- if he's such a brutal turnoff with his negativity, why is it he has been the highest rated sports show in the city in any day part for the last 20 years, and has managed while being so "negative", to also remain employed with the team and have generally very good relationships with 98% of the players over the years?

Because he is the ONLY show at that time slot. I think I addressed this. You virtually can NOT get Kings coverage without him. The listeners and fans want KINGS news. We don't have another option. To me, his negativity is a huge turn off, but I think there is a whole genertion of fans coming up who really don't know anything different.

Because he is the ONLY show at that time slot. I think I addressed this. You virtually can NOT get Kings coverage without him. The listeners and fans want KINGS news. We don't have another option

Not true. The Rise Guys have been going up against him the last two years. He's still highly successful.

And I'm not going to call you a liar, but your other comments floor me. I'd love to hear more. To a person, I don't know anyone who doesn't like Grant off air. We're also talking about a guy, for example, who has put on one of the most successful charity golf tournaments in Sacramento the last two decades, sending a ton of kids to college who wouldn't normally have a shot.

Again, I'm not doubting you, just saying that's very surprising to hear.

You know Dave, I haven't agreed with you recently, but it wasn;t until THIS POST that I actively lost respect for you.

This is one of the more disingenuous, and purposely misleading (playing dumb) posts I've ever read from someone who (for the most part) I believe usually puts together cogent thoughts.

Grant is impervious to "being killed" for anything he says.
He is the grand poobah of his domain - the BMOC of KTHK.
None of you have the balls, or internal clout, to call him on even the dumbest, pettiest, most incorrect statements he makes.

I believe the only thing stopping the players from calling him on his crap is that they don;t want to be seen as having beef with the Kings mouthpiece and biggest muckraker - hell, they have seen what vitriole and incessant abuse Grant has heaped on Demarcus for six straight years - what hope would THEY have against Grant's ire?

To be honest, your playing of Grant as a guy going against the fanbase and speaking up for the truth is disgusting, and infuriates me.

By definition, if Grant was remotely honest in his intentions, he wouldn;t be hiding behind his call screener and yell, abuse, and ridicule, then hang up on anyone who remotely questions his takes.

Do you know what "sycophant" means?
Go ahead - look it up, I'll wait.

Listen to any random broadcast of Grant's - his entire caller pool is made of of sycophants who echo his negative, Cuz-demonizing mindset.
Have you even listened to Grant without your blinders from your personal experiences with the man in place?

And to answer your shockingly-naive question, I'll tell you how Grant benefits from manipulating the fanbase to get Demarcus off the team:

Because as long as Demarcus is here, Boogie is the leader in the lockerroom through sheer talent alone - that makes him Big Dog in the lockerroom, and influences the other guys away from giving Grant interviews: how many times have you heard Demarcus, Rondo, Willie, or Rudy on Grant's show?

Having Demarcus on the team DECREASES Grant's control over the lockerroom and the organization.
He's made it blatantly clear, over 6 years of slander and manipulation of what callers get airtime, that he will stop at nothing to get Demarcus off this team.

And we all know that not having Demarcus on the team would make the team worse (see the past 6 years of evidence of one of the worst teams in the league without DMC) and we all know the Kings wouldn;t get equal trade back for him, so let's work to the logical conclusion, shall we?

Grant knowingly and actively is trying to make the Kings team WORSE by poisoning the fanbase against Demarcus to get him out of here, for his own personal gain, for his own petty agenda.

So don't you dare come on to a hardcore Kings fan board and pander to Grant and try to make it out like he's just looking out for the team and his version of the truth, while suffering slings and arrows saying it.

Wait, what channel are the Rise guys on? This may save me a lot of angst, I had no idea there were alternatives. I have enjoyed Grant at Kings functions, he is on stage at those too. The other issues are not Kings related. I would be happy to go further in depth via PM

You CANNOT be this clueless, Dave.
YOU are the one embarrassing yourself on the internet tonight.
You just compared KHTK, the broadcast Home of the Kings, a 50,000 Watt station, to a 5,000 Watt station and a year-old (in that timeslot, on that station) show!

You literally can;t understand how Grant Napear, by nature of having the ratings he's gotten over the past 20 years AND being the play-by-play guy for the Kings the past 25 years, doesn;t wield unbalanced power, reputation, and influence at KHTK and among the Kings franchise?

The man has thousands of hours of broadcasted airtime in which he can spew his opinion and influence millions of people, yet you are actually sitting there tonight and typing to us that he doesn;t have power?

Stop exaggerating what others and myself are saying, and simply admit reality - you guys on the air influence people, and Grant has more position and stature than anyone else on that entire station.

You can disagree with some of my points, but don;t you dare make believe that you are ignorant of the power of media to influence the public and how repeating propaganda (regardless of its truth) can sway public opinion.
Maybe you should take a Journalism 101 course or something.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Dave - Grant should be either play-by-play guy OR the local version of Jim Rome It's his duplicity that rankles me the most. Because I have never dealt with him personally, I can speak only about his on-air persona...and it's that persona I call Howdy Doody.

My personal belief is that he says things intentionally to awaken the fan base, to elicit more calls and to create controversy. That would be fine if he was just a talk show host. But he's not...he's also one of the well-known voices of the Sacramento Kings and some of the things he says are patently unfair.

I admire your passion and your loyalty to your friend but my opinion of Mr. Napear is based on years of exposure and I honestly believe in this instance my view (and that of others who do not know him personally) is worth consideration.

Wait, what channel are the Rise guys on? This may save me a lot of angst, I had no idea there were alternatives. I have enjoyed Grant at Kings functions, he is on stage at those too. The other issues are not Kings related. I would be happy to go further in depth via PM
AM1320 (ESPN) I believe their show starts at 2 or 2:30.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
ESPN 1320

Dammit. It's Saturday night, I can't sleep, and my wife is crashed out and I'm bored.

I'll go point by point with you this one time, because I hate ignoring anyone, no matter how wacko they are. I just can't do it.

This is also why I never engage the Grant subject. Any hope of having a civil debate goes bye bye and I get killed for it. So consider this my final response to you (probably). My comments in italics.

You know Dave, I haven't agreed with you recently, but it wasn;t until THIS POST that I actively lost respect for you.

That's fine, because I've honestly never had respect for you, and that's saying a lot. I listen and converse with damn near anyone.

This is one of the more disingenuous, and purposely misleading (playing dumb) posts I've ever read from someone who (for the most part) I believe usually puts together cogent thoughts.

Purposely misleading. Yes, I am also a part of the plan.

Grant is impervious to "being killed" for anything he says.
He is the grand poobah of his domain - the BMOC of KTHK.
None of you have the balls, or internal clout, to call him on even the dumbest, pettiest, most incorrect statements he makes.

Sure. Except for the fact that if he didn't consistently have great ratings, he wouldn't have had the job for 20 years. And I'm pretty sure I just did one, wait, TWO interviews with two different players asking about DMC being a good teammate. Isn't that the very definition of challenging a statement? Grant and I are polar opposites on the DMC subject, are you forgetting that? But I don't sit around thinking he's the devil. We just see different things.

I believe the only thing stopping the players from calling him on his poopoo is that they don;t want to be seen as having beef with the Kings mouthpiece and biggest muckraker - hell, they have seen what vitriole and incessant abuse Grant has heaped on Demarcus for six straight years - what hope would THEY have against Grant's ire?

Hahahahaha. This is where I decided you need the meds. Yeah, NBA players are afraid of the play by play guy. They're quaking. His power is infinite.

Honestly, do you exist on the planet earth? Or some other planet and you just beam in and observe humanity?

To be honest, your playing of Grant as a guy going against the fanbase and speaking up for the truth is disgusting, and infuriates me.

Then you should probably unplug and eat an apple or something. Perhaps take an acting class or provide yourself some other outlet for your dramatics.

By definition, if Grant was remotely honest in his intentions, he wouldn;t be hiding behind his call screener and yell, abuse, and ridicule, then hang up on anyone who remotely questions his takes.

It's New York style sports talk radio. Go listen to it. It's where he's from. Francesca, Mad Dog, etc. You open the mic, make bold statements, and argue with callers. It's his style. It's not how I work, or maybe you work, but it works. Again, longevity and ratings. Sorry you don't like it. So your "definition" is stupid.

Do you know what "sycophant" means?
Go ahead - look it up, I'll wait.

Do you know what "wackadoodle" means?

Go ahead - look it up. But I'm not waiting because I don't care.

Listen to any random broadcast of Grant's - his entire caller pool is made of of sycophants who echo his negative, Cuz-demonizing mindset.
Have you even listened to Grant without your blinders from your personal experiences with the man in place?

Wait a minute. His ENTIRE caller pool is made up of sycophants? Hold on, you just said he hangs up on those that question his takes. Why would he hang up on ANYONE if his ENTIRE caller pool consists of sycophants?

Do you know the definition of sycophant?

And to answer your shockingly-naive question, I'll tell you how Grant benefits from manipulating the fanbase to get Demarcus off the team:

Because as long as Demarcus is here, Boogie is the leader in the lockerroom through sheer talent alone - that makes him Big Dog in the lockerroom, and influences the other guys away from giving Grant interviews: how many times have you heard Demarcus, Rondo, Willie, or Rudy on Grant's show?

And this is just where you're unfortunately naive. And really weird.

Let me make sure I get it-

Grant hates DMC because he needs DMC to leave so he can get interviews with players because they won't go on his show because DMC would be mad.

Right?

Well first off, the way radio works- you get player and coach shows. Those are the regular guests. They generally agree at the beginning of the season to commit to coming on weekly.

This year grant had Collison and Karl on weekly.

Besides that, he spoke to Rudy, Willie, Rondo, and a couple others at least once.

Following your asinine logic, since I am a DMC homer, I should've gotten ALL the players. Oops, I got my share, but never as many as Evil Grant.

Having Demarcus on the team DECREASES Grant's control over the lockerroom and the organization.
He's made it blatantly clear, over 6 years of slander and manipulation of what callers get airtime, that he will stop at nothing to get Demarcus off this team.

Again, yes, Grant "controls" the organization. He controls the locker room. Vivek quakes when he walks by. Rookies wash his car.

You live in Delusion Land, party of YOU

And we all know that not having Demarcus on the team would make the team worse (see the past 6 years of evidence of one of the worst teams in the league without DMC) and we all know the Kings wouldn;t get equal trade back for him, so let's work to the logical conclusion, shall we?

Again, hi there. One of the biggest DMC homers in the world here. Good to meet you. That being said- "we all know would make the team worse?"

28, 28, 29, and 34 wins. You have nothing to support your statement. Who knows what we would get back? Not me. Not you. That's just a hilarious statement. Worse. No one on earth "knows" Jack about that.

Grant knowingly and actively is trying to make the Kings team WORSE by poisoning the fanbase against Demarcus to get him out of here, for his own personal gain, for his own petty agenda.

You've said some dumb things, but this might be my favorite. Just back up and read that paragraph again. Seriously. I just can't.....

So don't you dare come on to a hardcore Kings fan board and pander to Grant and try to make it out like he's just looking out for the team and his version of the truth, while suffering slings and arrows saying it.

Don't you dare!!! Hahahaha who ARE you?

My opinion is mine. Doesn't have to be yours. You act like I came on and just started killing babies. It's not "daring". It's a freaking Kings fan board. I love this place. Love the discussion. Most of it is highly valuable. And I'm pretty sure you aren't questioning my love for the team.

Dave - Grant should be either play-by-play guy OR the local version of Jim Rome It's his duplicity that rankles me the most. Because I have never dealt with him personally, I can speak only about his on-air persona...and it's that persona I call Howdy Doody.

My personal belief is that he says things intentionally to awaken the fan base, to elicit more calls and to create controversy. That would be fine if he was just a talk show host. But he's not...he's also one of the well-known voices of the Sacramento Kings and some of the things he says are patently unfair.

I admire your passion and your loyalty to your friend but my opinion of Mr. Napear is based on years of exposure and I honestly believe in this instance my view (and that of others who do not know him personally) is worth consideration.

I have no problems with what you said. None.

I disagree, but I can understand your thoughts. It's the eye of the beholder, as I said before.

The difference is that you're actually presenting your thoughts in a well-thought out, cogent manner. You aren't blathering and foaming at me about it, obfuscating any shred of possible logical point you may have, like dingaling over there.

So I get it.

Thank you! I will be tuning in. My radio dial has been stuck on 1140 for sor so long and now maybe I won't have to just switch to music instead. They talk Kings?
Nice. You'll love that show lol. Yes, they talk quite a bit of Kings. It's like a breath of fresh air.

You remember the Rise Guys when they were on 1140 back in the day? Same show now basically.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have no problems with what you said. None.

I disagree, but I can understand your thoughts. It's the eye of the beholder, as I said before.

The difference is that you're actually presenting your thoughts in a well-thought out, cogent manner. You aren't blathering and foaming at me about it, obfuscating any shred of possible logical point you may have, like dingaling over there.

So I get it.
I've long agreed that Grant should either be the Kings PBP guy OR the drive time sports talk host. The access he gets from the former is misused in the latter IMO. And not just with Boogie. I think back to conflicts Napear had with Webber, BJax and others. It's an odd conflict and it's led me to stop listening to his show unless there's major Kings news because (I believed until this thread mentioned the Rise Guys show) he's the only game in town at times when I can listen to the radio other than my short morning commute.

Anyway, I appreciated the Cousins interview quite a bit. I realize you'll never win with some people thinking you were tossing DMC softballs while not realizing that you're not going to get access and interview a dude in his own house if your plan is to grill him. Que sera sera. I enjoyed it a lot.

Anyway, while I get frustrated with Cousins at times and was bothered during your interview by his unwillingness to accept much (if any) blame for his own shortcomings, the reality is that Grant and anybody else reaching for their pitchfork is going after the wrong guy IMO.

I hear the narrative that Cousins is a coach killer who the team panders to. Yet nobody seems to mention that the Kings were ALREADY on their fifth coach in five years when Cousins arrived. And that if he's being pandered to why was the only coach he got along with fired against his wishes? And more to the point, of the 8 coaches the Kings have had in the last 10 years, why has only ONE of them gotten another head coaching job in the NBA. And it's not a coincidence that it is Mike Malone.

I also hear the narrative that Cousins isn't a star player because he doesn't carry his team to the playoffs. I don't have the energy to do it right now but I'd be that if we looked up the Kings W/L record over the last three seasons (post Maloof) when Cousins doesn't play the Kings would give the Sixers a run for their money in terms of the league's worst winning percentage.

Continuing organizational dysfunction. A parade of poor coaching choices. Rosters that can't win unless Cousins plays.

There are reasons that the Kings haven't made the playoffs in a decade. Boogie's complaining to the refs and grumpy attitude are way, way down on that list.

If Vlade can steady the front office, shape the roster around Cousins and hire his own coach then let's see if things actually improve next season before we listen to Grant and push Cousins out of Sacramento.

Again Funky- a well thought out post that I may disagree with at times, but completely understand. Thank you for not flaming.

I think what else would be interesting to watch- if we get the right coach and DMC improves on the things Grant calls him out for, to see how much of a champion for DMC Grant becomes.

Would be a great scenario for all to have answered!

Again Funky- a well thought out post that I may disagree with at times, but completely understand. Thank you for not flaming.

I think what else would be interesting to watch- if we get the right coach and DMC improves on the things Grant calls him out for, to see how much of a champion for DMC Grant becomes.

Would be a great scenario for all to have answered!
I think that Grant has harped on Cousins short comings for so long that he no longer realizes how far he has ended up blowing things out of proportion. He has put himself in a situation where he can't change his stance without looking like he is doing a 180, so he just doubles down instead.

This has caused him to be blind to many things IMO. Saying there is no comparison between Cousins and Green (GSW), when Green is more animated in his complaining. Saying he would love a trade of Cousins for Blake (right after Blake punched a guy he worked with ) don't make sense.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
You're also discounting that this board tends to swing (for understandable reasons) pro-Kings player. There are PLENTY of Kings fans who agree 100% with Grant, and think he's dead on. So it's SOME people that aren't seeing his logic, not all.
This is a fair statement. And my response to it is to say that these words could just as easily be thrown back in your face. So, you're saying that just because this message board "tends to swing pro-Kings player" (in your opinion; I'd argue that mileage varies on the subject), that doesn't mean that we're right, and Napear is wrong. Fair enough. I would say that just because there are "PLENTY of Kings fans who agree 100% with Grant, and think he's dead on," that doesn't mean that they're right, and we're wrong. I mean, you did just get done saying that just because a bunch of people co-sign what you think, that doesn't mean that what you think is correct, didn't you?

Why do I think that he'd do something purposefully counterproductive to his job? I don't think that he thinks that it is counterproductive to his job. Why do I think that he's prone to being petty? Because I think that everyone is prone to being petty. I trend towards cynicism: it's not in my character to see the best in people. Not only have I never personally interacted with a person whom I felt comfortable saying was "evolved" above being petty, but it's been my experience in life that the more influence a person is able to exert, the more likely they are to be petty. Grant Napear has been an influence in your area for decades: for not merely tens of thousands, but basically an entire generation of Kings Fans, he is the authority on the Sacramento Kings. I find that people with that kind of influence tend to wake up petty, go to sleep petty, and stay petty all day in between. I don't actually believe that there is a grudge so small that Napear wouldn't hold onto it, and there's nothing that he's allowed me to know about him that would give me any reason to believe otherwise.

Forgive me- but says the highly opinionated moderator of a message board that deals with zero players nor forum posters personally. So maybe cool it on the coward stuff.

One could argue that you can come off as a bully pitching a narrative from an even safer perch.

Now before you flame me, you don't think the comparison has merit- emotion aside? I'm honestly not trying to attack you.
Why do you think we know it when we see it? We can smell our own. :p