How will we do?

How will we do?

• Play in.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lottery.

• At least we won the in season tournament.

• Total voters
Well, you saw how physical it got in the playoffs. If Sac can’t play that way or manage that physicality, they will go down again. Refs will not be doing them any favors.
Two points: 1) The playoffs are over six months away. Coach Brown is trying to prepare his team for May, when he should be worried about October-December. There will be plenty of time to make adjustments based on performance after the all-star break. You probably remember when he decided on KZ Okpala as the starter and the team went 0-4 to begin last season. Okpala is not even in the league any more. 2) Since defense has been an issue, he could emphasize active hands and feet, rather than body-slamming into screens. Anticipate, move your feet, keep your hands up, and box out. The last skill was noticeably lacking last year, and yet I have heard barely a word on the subject in pre-season. It applies to every single player on the court.

I don't believe in this "it's preaseason," so it doesn't matter mentality.

We look like crap.

We have lost to the Fake Show without LB Lames, and AD. Lost to Warriors without Steph, Paul, and Draymond.

Huerter still is about useless. He uses horrible hitch in his shot sometimes but not all the time. Monk can still dunk, but his passing is far from what we are used to. The bench is either jacking up 3s or feeding Davion down low. We have gone away from many sets, DHO, etc., and have settled for too many bad shots.

The coach wants physocality on the defensive end, but I want to see it on offense. Get in the paint, absorb contact, box out, set good screens.

Get back to what we saw last year because I don't want to know what Monte will wear if we start out this year like last year.

Huerter is 2-11 from three, Mitchell 3-11, Vezenkov 3-11, Fox 3-12, Monk 2-13, Edwards 1-7. Yikes! And they are averaging 16.6 turnovers per game.

I feel like the last 10 years preseason games were used to try and sell tickets. See how good well be!? How many times did they sweep preseason and end up 26-56? This year they have the luxury of actually using it to get warmed up and try new things. Im not overly worried about their performance right now.
Great minds. Said this exact thing somewhere on this very Italian food recipe forum just a few days ago.

The Kings should still be the Kings which could mean a step back this season, or a step up depending on the other teams. Are the Kings deep enough to run a 12 man rotation and depth their way beyond the teams that should be in the picture this season? No, no team is. Do they still lack the wing size and athletic ability to matchup with now even more teams with that all over their rosters? Yep. We'll see what happens.

The one interesting thing to see is how much shooting matters if the Suns are what they look like on paper. Shooting is a huge thing in leagues of parity, once superteams start to form, it typically wanes but you can still catch teams with great shooting. The Kings were a team that had to resort to staggering their stars last season and unless someone steps up, KEEGAN!!!, then that's going to continue. Is staggering an answer? Probably more hindrance than answer, we already saw that in the playoffs last season. Also, you need players that can create shots on their own or run offense. Brown resorted to TD in a pinch in the playoffs, who is that this year?

If the goals are contention then the results will bear out what Monte does from here. I was thinking about some of the things Monte did do this offseason. It's quite interesting when you look at the King salary cap. It sure looks like a LOT of variable salaries on there. You can almost count the numbers on the back end of the cap and they pretty much read out like, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. Then there's contracts like Barnes and Huerter to make up a serious difference in salary matching potential. I don't think this was an accident. Monte has salary matching potential out the ***.