How many Games This Year?

How many games will Chris play this season?

Votes: 6 7.1%

Votes: 13 15.3%

Votes: 40 47.1%

Votes: 26 30.6%

• Total voters

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I picked 75.

Why?

Because I'm holding out hope that Webber will finally be healthy, or a reasonable facsimile thereof. Besides which, when you really get down to it, I'd rather be wrong about something positive than right about something negative... I'm funny that way.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
60 seems a reasonable bet. And not even all about the knee. If the knee does not get reinjured it could even be about 70 with a little time off here and there to rest it, but I am figuring that knowing Webb something else will probably get hurt at some point as well.The only way it would be 30 is basically if the surgery has been a failure and he has to have another procedure done. No evidence of that as of yet.

i believe he'll play 60 games this year. the other 15 games will probably come from an ankle sprain or something but other than that, he'll be healthy this year

CWebb averages about 65-67 games when "healthy". I'll take another 5 or so because of age/suspensions/karma/whatever... 60!

i say 60. unless he gets a major injury, he usually misses about 15-20 or so games a year, i expect that to be the case this year, with the kings allowing him to take off as many days as he wants if his knee is bothering him.

G

godsthename

kings gunna make history in 05

Looking back i think chris will miss about 20 or 25 games. I just hope he doesnt need surgery again and those games off are just to rest his knees. But i gotta say hes gotta step it up on D, hes one of the worst defenders i have ever seen even when he was healthy in the playoffs the last 5 years, i dont know how many times he would get blown by by people like horry making vlade step up leving shaq wide open.Anyone remember game 6 in la with horrys shot? Who was suppost to be gaurding him?.
Everyone keeps tellin me hes a bum and the kings are better off without him. Well Cwebb its time to prove the doubters wrong and so i can talk sh09.!!!!!!!!!lol

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
I picked 75.

Why?

Because I'm holding out hope that Webber will finally be healthy, or a reasonable facsimile thereof. Besides which, when you really get down to it, I'd rather be wrong about something positive than right about something negative... I'm funny that way.
Same here.

Really interesting poll. Because the number of games he plays will have a lot of bearing on how well we do in the season.

I think 60 would be a good bet. Becasue he already has to rest his knee after just a couple of days.

The best thing would have been to let him rest the last season. Because he was really struggling with the knee. I know its easy to say that after the season is over. But just a thought.

You guys are still clinging to hope. Abandon Ye all hope, those who would love the Kings. Giving up all plausible hope will set you free. Bring back Jon Barry, Lawrence Funderburke, Scott Pollard, Derek Martin, and Jason Williams.

Last edited:
quick dog said:
You guys are still clinging to hope. Abandon Ye all hope, those who would love the Kings. Giving up all plausible hope will set you free. Bring back Jon Barry, Lawrence Funderburke, Scott Pollard, Derek Martin, and Jason Williams.
While u are at it why not richmond too? ;)

godsthename said:
Looking back ....

..Anyone remember game 6 in la with horrys shot? Who was suppost to be gaurding him?.
I give up, you tell me.

who IS supposed to box-out players at the three-point line when a shot is in the air with 1 second to go in a 2-point game?

<and another thing, that wasn't game 6. Game 6 was the OTHER scandal ridden game of that series.>

i do not want to be freaking out more than 7 times during the season when the kings announce webb's not playing because of this or that..

if i'm wrong, so be it.. but right now, i would atleast like to think that 75 is possible..

Bricklayer

Rockmeister said:
Eventhough 50 is not an option, I say 50. C-Webb has not played more than 60 games in one season since he has been here.
I know sometiems it seems that way, but it hasn't been THAT bad:

42 (of 50 strike year)

J

joethecrow

In an 82 game season, shouldn't that be on the poll? Regardless of maybe how unfeasible it is?

J

joethecrow

Bricklayer said:
I know sometiems it seems that way, but it hasn't been THAT bad:

42 (of 50 strike year)
Chris Webber, Jamal Mashburn, and Grant Hill are all very close in average games played per year for there careers.

Chris Webber - 11 years pro, 619 games for an average of 56.2 games per year.
Jamal Mashburn - 11 years pro, 611 games for an average of 55.5 games per year.
Grant Hill - 9 years pro, 482 games for an average of 53.5 games per year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bricklayer

joethecrow said:
Chris Webber, Jamal Mashburn, and Grant Hill are all very close in average games played per year. In fact about 1 'games per year average' within each other.

Look it up.
that's very nice (and doubtful in Hill's case unless we're talking entire career), but irrelevant to the point that he has in fact exceeded 50 games in all but one season (42 of 50 is a decent percentage and comes out to be about 65-70 games).

J

joethecrow

I'd love to be paid that much money to be 68% efficient. Unfortunate for Chris about his knee, I dont want him to miss anytime at all...but more unfortunate for our teams chances when needing him on the floor.

Bricklayer

Rockmeister said:
Out of curiousity, when did C-Webb play 70 or 75 games since he's been here.
Oh, I just listed them by year, so I guess 75 in year 2 (99-00), 70 in yr 3 (00-01) etc.

Just grabbed the numbers off of NBA.com.

A

AriesMar27

godsthename said:
Looking back i think chris will miss about 20 or 25 games. I just hope he doesnt need surgery again and those games off are just to rest his knees. But i gotta say hes gotta step it up on D, hes one of the worst defenders i have ever seen even when he was healthy in the playoffs the last 5 years, i dont know how many times he would get blown by by people like horry making vlade step up leving shaq wide open.Anyone remember game 6 in la with horrys shot? Who was suppost to be gaurding him?.
Everyone keeps tellin me hes a bum and the kings are better off without him. Well Cwebb its time to prove the doubters wrong and so i can talk sh09.!!!!!!!!!lol

Funny... where were our perimeter defenders at the time? No one saw that coming. the funny thing is that in that series the lakers averaged 99.3 ppg but the kings averaged 99.5.

I guessed 60, the more then likely answer is somewhere between 50-60 and hopefully he wont be out towards the end of the year. Hopefully. :cool:

You folks must be smoking crack or something. I have always considered myself to be an optimist, but now I will have to think a bit longer about it.

Chris will be on the bench a significiant amount of time by Christmas.