How 'bout Tristan rather than Jason?

I'd do it. We have a gluttony of PFs and JT isn't really happy here. TT is probably an upgrade anyway. He'd likely be an expiring for us as I can't imagine we'd sign him to a big deal, but it's a way to get JT's contract off the books (since the FO don't seem to have him in our plans) and not lose anything short term. Not sure if Cleveland would do it, but they'd be getting a similar player for the same money, just a longer term deal. They may be OK with that.

If the suggestion is Thompson for Thompson, well, that's just not going to happen.

Something a long the lines of Thompson and Terry for Thompson and Jacks terrible deal makes more sense, but even then ... The reason Cleveland is open to dealing Thompson is because they don't want to pay him, and I'm not sure I would either.

K

KingMilz

Tristain is undersized and has slightly more skill than Reggie Evans at this point minus all the experince, give Jason Thompson his playing time in Cleveland and JT is better. Not a fan of TT he's improving but is highly limited and a worse defender than JT while being way smaller.

We need solid to good PF's not medicore at best ones

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Tristan Thompson is more wildly mediocre than people realize. And he's small. Hello eternal Kenny Thomas/Pat Patterson syndrome.

That said, the JT and Terry for Tristan/Jack idea forwarded by Mass has some appeal behind it. Take two spare pieces and kinda/sorta fill a couple of holes, even if just with mediocre vets.

K

KingMilz

Tristan Thompson is more wildly mediocre than people realize. And he's small. Hello eternal Kenny Thomas/Pat Patterson syndrome.

That said, the JT and Terry for Tristan/Jack idea forwarded by Mass has some appeal behind it. Take two spare pieces and kinda/sorta fill a couple of holes, even if just with mediocre vets.
I would just rather keep JT tbh and develop Ray as a starter/major bench player than giving Jack his playing time.