Hint that new uniforms are coming? (no new news)

a lot of teams are going with an updated retro simple look, we need new uniforms, i think we were voted hving the worst uniforms in sports or something like that....maybe the old vertical royals uniforms except black and purple? Sacramento-Kings-4-Chris-Webber-Swingman-White-Home-Throwback-NBA-Jersey.jpg

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I may have read Leslie's tweet differently. I thought she was hinting that there are going to be a lot of changes worth waiting for, not that we were going to necessarily go back to anything we've had before.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
If they want to recall the classic look of the CWebb era, it should go something like this:

Home: White and Purple
Road: Black and Purple

No unnecessary diagonal stripes on the sides. There's still room for them to be creative on the fonts and logo arrangements.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kind of off-topic, I suppose, but does it bug anyone else that white is the default home jersey color? If all you attend is home games, you only see your team in white. Blech... I'd rather see our guys in the colorful jerseys while the opponents are reduced to the monotony of white.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
As long as the jerseys say "Kings" on the home jersey and "Sacramento" on the away jersey, I'm sure I'll be OK with anything.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Kind of off-topic, I suppose, but does it bug anyone else that white is the default home jersey color? If all you attend is home games, you only see your team in white. Blech... I'd rather see our guys in the colorful jerseys while the opponents are reduced to the monotony of white.
I've always liked the clean look of the white jerseys, personally. Plus it's a good contrasting color for purple and black. That and colored home jerseys in basketball makes me think of the Lakers.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
It's the default color unless you are the Lakers.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I have always held this opinion as well. I guess they assume you know your team's colors and would want to see all the visiting teams in their colors "on the road".

i like white uniforms.i just think our home jerseys should say "KINGS" and the Road unis should say SACRAMENTO. right now we have the opposite.

also i would like to see the black jerseys become our full time road jerseys instead of just alternates

I think they should get new uniforms. We need a fresh start out of the gates with new owners, mgmt, coaches, players. I just am not a fan of the powder blue and no way do I want Laker gold!

i like white uniforms.i just think our home jerseys should say "KINGS" and the Road unis should say SACRAMENTO. right now we have the opposite.

also i would like to see the black jerseys become our full time road jerseys instead of just alternates
Lol I think that ALLof the jerseys should say "Kings" on them and I think the default road jerseys should be the black ones. A black jersey that doesn't say Kings on it? NOPE!

I say the Kings either try their best at making a no nonsense iconic looking jersey like the Bulls, Celtics, and Lakers have in home white/away black, or just bring back the late 90s Kings jerseys that Webber and JWill made famous. Give me an actual good design or nostalgia!

Ryan

I like turtles
Changing the uniforms cost money.

My only wish is that they would pick one logo ant STICK TO IT.

They need to do away with this awful alternative logo

ugldm0mwgu76ma6qep5h0035a.jpg

I'd like to see the late 90s unis back, or a new design based on our colors. I suppose it would be a way to signal the new era.

Changing the uniforms cost money.

My only wish is that they would pick one logo ant STICK TO IT.

They need to do away with this awful alternative logo

View attachment 4373
But they will make money from the new uniform sales to us fans. For example, if they keep the current then no one will buy a Cousins home jersey if they have one, but if they change then you may buy a Cousins new design home jersey. So they'll make their money back and more besides when the Kings fans buy the merchandise, especially with the markup they put on them.

Isn't there some NBA rule that only a certain amount of teams can have black road jersies or something like that? Also I'm not sure if you can just change the uniform from year to year. I thought you need to make the case for a new uni a few years in advance. Could be wrong, just what I think I remember.