Here We Go

K

KingsFan80

Alright guys, I have been the negative nancy around here for a while --clearly I am not a Vlade Fan. I had heard and seen enough leading up to the trade and expressed my displeasure over and over to the point I got ignored by many lol. I knew this crap was coming because of Vlade's lack of experience. I was very upset last night over the DMC trade and even this morning.

With that being said, after reading and thinking about it all day, I debated not being a fan again etc. But this is our team, our city etc. We cannot let unqualified FO Mangers ruin that for us. A few years ago I was a 49ers Fan and quit following the team because I despise Jed York, but in all reality Jed won because I lost something I was very passionate about.

Don't let these clowns take away your team. It still very difficult for me to get excited about Papa and the other guys we drafted last year, but Buddy Hield could be a good player. He was only playing around 20 minutes in NOLA. We should all rally around this team and hope for the best. I know it is hard, because I do not trust Vlade to make a good decision doing anything, but yeah he and Vivek are not going to take away my team, something I am very passionate about.

My main hope is Joerger. Please don't let anything happen to Joerger.
If he is smart, he will force his way out to keep his reputation as a very good coach. He must be wondering what he got himself into and how much was duped by believing that the team was all in with Cousins.

K

KingMilz

If he is smart, he will force his way out to keep his reputation as a very good coach. He must be wondering what he got himself into and how much was duped by believing that the team was all in with Cousins.
He would have had to know going in there was every chance Cousins was going to get traded I seriously doubt he left Conley/Gasol just to be with Cousins/Matt Barnes.

It impossible for me to continue to root for this team until finally the right steps are taken to move forward.
Fire Vlade. Fire Napear. Get rid of Vivek.
I wont put any trust into people, that talk about culture while acting completely dishonest and plain stupid.
I can stand a lot of things, but I absolutely hate people with doublestandards.

It impossible for me to continue to root for this team until finally the right steps are taken to move forward.
I wont put any trust into people, that talk about culture while acting completely dishonest and plain stupid.
This. I agree 100%. I've always tried to finds reason for every dumb move the management made, but now it's too much. Right now I will keep checking what the Kings do, but I won't root for them or care about them. First they need to show me some real progress, they killed any hope I had in this team.

In Vlade's interview with Grant, I'm pretty sure said he consulted with Joeger and he was on board with the move.

SO disappointed in Vlade, even more for his total loss of integrity than for this valueless trade. In a sea of con men I thought Vlade was better than this. I have no reason to believe that they won't screw Joerger over just as they have every other talented asset. I'm starting to feel that this FO is just a second rate production, with various actors filling prescribed roles.

I would be delighted to be wrong.

Every interview i have heard from him has been about establishing a culute for the next 5-8 year. I think he came in thinking he is in for the long haul with or without Cousins. Every move this summer was low risk with ability to blow up. It happend.

This owner is not a very patient guy, he has no plan and is very reactionary and does not see things thru.

He hired his coach before his GM, which ended up a disaster. Didn't give Malone or GK the time necessary to build a winner. Hired GK knowing that his style and personality was a terrible fit with DMC, didnt trade DMC when he should have etc the list of blunders is huge now.

Any sort of plan we have had he has given about 3/4 of a year until he decided it was not going to work and punted, this is on top of not knowing what to do.

Can someone in that building put their foot down and tell Vivek that winning takes time and STABILITY? We were a fringe playoff roster this year with the potential to be better next year, in my mind were on the right track and guys were playing for each other, I'm not sure what causes Vivek to have all of these lofty expectations.

The thing moving forward is, will he put up with 10 win seasons? constant blow outs? no one eating $100 sushi at their $600 seats at G1C?

I think by this time next year Vlade is gone, Vivek bring in another yes man, then that yes man gets 3/4 of a year to implement his plan with his own coach. The cycle will continue.

If you think the past decade plus has been dark just wait and see with the Kangz it can always get worse.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Unfortunately this is not how it works. When the guy at the top is the rotten apple, there is nothing to be done. You are just screwed. If it's a player or coach, you can drive and petition the GM. If its a GM you can scream and hold up signs and hope the bored billionaire who owns the team sees them. When it's the owner...

And it doesn't matter if he were competent in the end. In the end the people calling for the full faceplant rebuild, despite all the encumbered picks of future years, won. That means those of you insisting on sticking around for such nonsense are going to be treated to an unending parade of mediocre youth to coo about and squint and predict stardom time and again for what will be a career roleplayer. If it goes on long enough someday, just by accident, a real star will be found, much like Boogie himself was by accident. But who knows how long that will take. And until it happens, and the way this team is run, maybe even after it happens, there is not much point in saying "Goooo Kings!". There are no Kings. Just kids, most of whom will not survive in the uniform for long. Nobody invested. There is no franchise trying to win anything. It's just open tryouts that they'll try to fleece the season ticket holders into paying to watch.

Agree.
I'm done from now on. During university years I used to get up a 4.30 am to watch Kenny Thomas and Mikki Moore, but this is too much.
Blaming Cousins for culture and at the same time signing free agents like Rondo, Lawson, Barnes is just ridicolous.
It's even worse that the front office didn't learn from mistakes, everytime same story.
I think Vivek is behind this trade, but then Vlade had to choose: resign or be the boss's pet. He made his choice.
Living in Europe there's no point to continue to root for the Kings. I'm going to keep an eye on the team anyway, hoping for a brighter future (I'm very doubtful with this front office).

K

KingsFan80

For the record, I still want Vlade fired. The guy is the worst GM in the league. He literally can never get anything right -- drafts, free agency, trades etc. It is depressing. Papa sucks, Skal will never be a good NBA player.

This trade would NOT be better but maybe a little be easier to swallow if we were already starting a 19 year old PF named Marquis Chriss instead of our rookies MIA in Reno because they are terrible. It is all about having something to look forward to --aka a light at the end of the tunnel--due to crap decisions by Vivek and Vlade there is no light.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
This owner is not a very patient guy, he has no plan and is very reactionary and does not see things thru.

He hired his coach before his GM, which ended up a disaster. Didn't give Malone or GK the time necessary to build a winner. Hired GK knowing that his style and personality was a terrible fit with DMC, didnt trade DMC when he should have etc the list of blunders is huge now.

Any sort of plan we have had he has given about 3/4 of a year until he decided it was not going to work and punted, this is on top of not knowing what to do.

Can someone in that building put their foot down and tell Vivek that winning takes time and STABILITY? We were a fringe playoff roster this year with the potential to be better next year, in my mind were on the right track and guys were playing for each other, I'm not sure what causes Vivek to have all of these lofty expectations.

The thing moving forward is, will he put up with 10 win seasons? constant blow outs? no one eating $100 sushi at their $600 seats at G1C?

I think by this time next year Vlade is gone, Vivek bring in another yes man, then that yes man gets 3/4 of a year to implement his plan with his own coach. The cycle will continue.

If you think the past decade plus has been dark just wait and see with the Kangz it can always get worse.
That says it all right there. This isn't some tech start up where you bring in young millennials to work for you for 25 cents on the dollar. I suppose now it is because that's the way everyone is being controlled around the snake. It's all doom and gloom until this guy is no longer here, unfortunately for us all, we might have to endure this guy for a long time.

Unfortunately this is not how it works. When the guy at the top is the rotten apple, there is nothing to be done. You are just screwed. If it's a player or coach, you can drive and petition the GM. If its a GM you can scream and hold up signs and hope the bored billionaire who owns the team sees them. When it's the owner...

And it doesn't matter if he were competent in the end. In the end the people calling for the full faceplant rebuild, despite all the encumbered picks of future years, won. That means those of you insisting on sticking around for such nonsense are going to be treated to an unending parade of mediocre youth to coo about and squint and predict stardom time and again for what will be a career roleplayer. If it goes on long enough someday, just by accident, a real star will be found, much like Boogie himself was by accident. But who knows how long that will take. And until it happens, and the way this team is run, maybe even after it happens, there is not much point in saying "Goooo Kings!". There are no Kings. Just kids, most of whom will not survive in the uniform for long. Nobody invested. There is no franchise trying to win anything. It's just open tryouts that they'll try to fleece the season ticket holders into paying to watch.
Wow, that is the bottom of the hole right there. That's about as dark as this board can get in one post. I'm upset about the "haul" but ultimately, like someone else said above, I'll take the wait and see approach rn. I'll even admit that I may be able to afford going to the games more now and I have no problem rooting for the youth on this team as long as they're coached up.
I read Brick's post on one of the Pels board's and many here over the years and its opened my eyes to how widely varied fandom can be and how different we can all look at entertainment that's for sure.

Took us longer to accept this with the maloofs because they were successful early but this right here is the reality.

This franchise is more about trying to fill those premium seats and fleece these fans than it is about truely winning. The vibe you get from any interview of Vivek is arrogance and fake humility.

The intelligent fans wont be spending any more money on this team until we can trust this guy again, Hes gotten plenty of chances yet year after year we keep subjugating ourselves to being bamboozled.

At times we go to ridiculous lengths to try to justify anything that they do for any glimmer of a plan but this was the last straw. There's no more denial of incompetence at the top, it was on full display this weekend.

I think by all indications the FO has been set on trading Cousins for a while and it was Vivek that was holding back the trigger. FO saw an opening and pounced.

Still have a hard time to understand why you guys try everything to shift blame from Vlade to Vivek.
This is Vlade roster. He said countless time, that he has full control. He even said it was his decision to trade DMC.
Instead of blaming Vivek as the main source of damage, we should look at Vlade.
To me it's pretty obvious, what happened. Vivek made this season all about the Playoffs. It was Vlades task to assemble a roster able to make a run at this goal. Vlade ****ed up every FA signing possible and could only get guys like Temple or Tolliver. So with the deadline looming, he Tool the last possible opportunity to save his job. He shifted the blame for the bad record of the team solely to DMC and sang the usual Song about culture and controlling emotions to Vivek. DMC throwing some f bombs at a GS fan and the Celtics game gave him the perfect ammunition against Cousins and finally he Managed to convince Vivek. His job was in jeopardy, because objectively the missed playoffs would have been the result of his Bad GMing over the last two years.
Now with DMC gone, he has the perfect excuse, because now he can point at the young guys and claim they arent ready yet, but that at the same time have all the potential in the world. He basically secured his job for a few years, because Vivek cant go through another Pr desaster and he can always point at the next year as the year that we start winning again.
To me this looks like Vlade using DMC as the scapegoat to mask his own incompetence. Typical Kings stuff and like always he could count on Napear to help him.
Vivek is to blame for hiring this joke of a GM and for not seeing through Vlades plots.

Still have a hard time to understand why you guys try everything to shift blame from Vlade to Vivek.
This is Vlade roster. He said countless time, that he has full control. He even said it was his decision to trade DMC.
To me it's pretty obvious, what happened. Vivek made this season all about the Playoffs. It was Vlades task to assemble a roster able to make a run at this goal. Vlade ****ed up every FA signing possible and could only get guys like Temple or Tolliver. So with the deadline looming, he Tool the last possible opportunity to save his job. He shifted the blame for the bad record of the team solely to DMC and sang the usual Song about culture and controlling emotions to Vivek. DMC throwing some f bombs at a GS fan and the Celtics game gave him the perfect ammunition against Cousins and finally he Managed to convince Vivek. His job was in jeopardy, because objectively the missed playoffs would have been the result of his Bad GMing over the last two years.
Now with DMC gone, he has the perfect excuse, because now he can point at the young guys and claim they arent ready yet, but that at the same time have all the potential in the world. He basically secured his job for a few years, because Vivek cant go through another Pr desaster and he can always point at the next year as the year that we start winning again.
To me this looks like Vlade using DMC as the scapegoat to mask his own incompetence. Typical Kings stuff and like always he could count on Napear to help him.
Vivek is to blame for hiring this joke of a GM and for not seeing through Vlades plots.
I mean in reality were both just guessing, who knows what there conversations are truly like but Im basing my opinion on having followed all the moves, interviews hirings and firings that have gone on. whichever type of move Vivek has talked about publicly has happened. The attempt at jazz basketball with GK, the awful stauskas video, his obsession with the warriors(us signing Landry right away) the same type of one dimensional players who can only shoot threes in an empty gym (Heild,Maclemore,stauskas) and him only hiring rookie GMs who he can twist into yes men because they are never going to be GMs anywhere else.

If you go from 4 dollars to 4 billion a giant ego is bound to develop, you solved the tech industry, you think you cant solve a freakin ball going into a hoop?

If your truely humble why not bring in an established GM or President? Oh because they will actually have the credibility to stand up to you.

He tried the control of the coach thing but realized there is way more to that than just telling them to play fast. (pace pace pace).

PDA or Vlade were never qualified to run a team, have zero connections to agents or other GMs and have no credibility around the league. I hated those hirings from the beginning.

Not seeing through Vlade's plots? Sounded to me that Vlade took full responsibility. Plots sounds a lot like the blame put at PDA and Mullins feet. They have more than their share, same with Vlade. Petrie always took the fall for the Maloofs (not faultless himself). Vlade is taking the fall for Vivek (not faultless himself either).

Not seeing through Vlade's plots? Sounded to me that Vlade took full responsibility. Plots sounds a lot like the blame put at PDA and Mullins feet. They have more than their share, same with Vlade. Petrie always took the fall for the Maloofs (not faultless himself). Vlade is taking the fall for Vivek (not faultless himself either).
Where has Vlade taken full responsibility? He assembled this roster. Now he has shifted the blame for it to DMC.

I mean in reality were both just guessing, who knows what there conversations are truly like but Im basing my opinion on having followed all the moves, interviews hirings and firings that have gone on. whichever type of move Vivek has talked about publicly has happened. The attempt at jazz basketball with GK, the awful stauskas video, his obsession with the warriors(us signing Landry right away) the same type of one dimensional players who can only shoot threes in an empty gym (Heild,Maclemore,stauskas) and him only hiring rookie GMs who he can twist into yes men because they are never going to be GMs anywhere else.

If you go from 4 dollars to 4 billion a giant ego is bound to develop, you solved the tech industry, you think you cant solve a freakin ball going into a hoop?

If your truely humble why not bring in an established GM or President? Oh because they will actually have the credibility to stand up to you.

He tried the control of the coach thing but realized there is way more to that than just telling them to play fast. (pace pace pace).

PDA or Vlade were never qualified to run a team, have zero connections to agents or other GMs and have no credibility around the league. I hated those hirings from the beginning.
Agree we are guessing.

....... but mabe, even quite possibly, Cuz's leaving is for the best, even though we will miss him.

Where has Vlade taken full responsibility? He assembled this roster. Now he has shifted the blame for it to DMC.
OK, fair enough. Take "full" out of it. He said he made the decision, he made the trade. That is taking responsibility. If he gives Cousins' antics or culture or whatever as part of the explanation for his decision it doesn't change the fact that he "claims" it was his decision. My gut tells me BS on both the explanation and the source of the decision.

I suspect (i.e. guess) that Vlade is simply trying to give his boss what he wants while still trying to do what is best for the origination. Those two things may be mutually exclusive.