Guess which team benefited most from the trade, besides the Pelicans?

The New York Knicks.

I guess our ownership group and GM wasn't content getting off front page news as the most incompetent franchise around. The Knicks were firmly implanted there with the Kings slowly climbing out of the bottom 3rd of the league ------- until yesterday.

As much a train wreck as the Knicks are, even they aren't inept enough to dump an aging Carmelo Anthony for the type of deal the Kings just received in return for a much younger and more relevant player. People laughed at the Knicks for thinking they could land Kevin Love -- but at least they set their sights high and have yet to panick. If and when they do, my $$ says they get still more than the Kings did.

Which makes the Sacramento Kings the world champ of dysfunctional and completely idiotic franchises yet again. They are apparently in the business of trading $100 bills for 100 pesos or gold for bronze all while believing they got a good deal. They are also in the business of tainting their reputation by backtracking on every word that comes out of their mouth. We already knew that Vivek was a liar. We also knew the previous GM was a liar too. But allegedly the beloved Vlade is one too.

I guess the Sacramento Kings are just intent on burying themselves alive just to prove they can handle the shovel. Have fun, fellas!

And oh yeah, I'm certain George Karl is rolling his eyes and laughing his @$$ off somewhere while cashing a very large check.

Good point.

How freaking pathetic is it that this trade helped out 3 teams more than it did Sacramento? NO, NY and Philly all benefited from it mightily.

Not only that, if you truly hope to get better over the next 3-4 seasons -- why would you trade Cousins to a team in your conference that you're competing with for a coveted playoff spot? And not strip them of a top 3 pick should they land one??

This trade makes ridiculous sense on so many levels it's beyond laughable.