Grant, Bobby, & Webber,

I know Grant and Webber had a falling out due to some of Grant's comments last season. Webber took offense to something Grant said. It sure has become evident that Grant has complete disdain for Webber. It appears to be in response to Webber's not talking to Grant. It seems Grant feels slighted by Webb and is now trashing him at every turn. He has come out during the Peja interview and all but said that the reason for Peja's desire to be traded was because of Webber's comments. He has started dogging him at every opportunity. sometimes overtly, sometimes subtley.
Not to mention that Bobby and Grant are not on speaking terms as well due to grants questioning of Bobby's heart during the playoffs last year. Grant sure seems to be alienating the players one by one. I wonder why this change in style on his part. Is it coming down from the Maloof heirarchy? Is he just ticked that he has to share his program with Mike Lamb and feels threatened? I dont know but I wonder if anyone else has noticed this switch. Grant was always the big homer of the Kings and would rarely criticize players on the team.
Perhaps he had more interviews later in the show but you would think that Webber, Bobby, and Bibby would have all had interviews with sports 1140's top radio host.

Grant has always had an arrogant know-it-all attitude, but in the past he kept it small-time and directed his anger and arrogance mostly at his radio audience. It was entertaining and harmless.
This year he messed up and tried to go after some big dogs and use his influence to get listeners to join in on his blame game and now he's going to have to pay the price. You can't talk bad about someone and still be friendly. He could apologize, but he's probably "too good" for that.
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, because he travels with the team as part of his broadcasting duties and eventually they're going to want to do a post game interview with Webber or Jackson and if they're not talking to Grant, it could be an issue in a couple ways.

I wonder why this change in style on his part. Is it coming down from the Maloof heirarchy?
You know, I have heard a few people espouse this theory. The reasoning behind it being 'Grant is the mouthpiece of the Kings, so he must be saying what they want him to say, right?' I just don't see how dividing the fanship on issues, purposely questioning players unjustly for their heart or the petty things he says about Webb could possibly be construed in any way as something that the Maloofs would want to foster. Grant says things because he likes to hear himself talk

M

Markezi

Agreed. Grant's judgment leaves a lot to be desired. When he came out hard against Webber after the drug suspension, I actually (for once) started to give him credit for saying the right thing (as he is paid by the Kings for his TV work and he knows as well as anyone that if he alienates a player, that player will probably not want to talk with him in the future). But then he took it too far - he went from speaking intelligently and factually to getting almost psychotically emotional about it - even I, not the biggest Webber fan (!), was uncomfortable. Unbelievably he did the same thing to Bobby - that one seemingly out of nowhere. What did he have to gain from it? Even if it was true - what would he gain?

Perhaps his goal is to get hired by ESPN and move onto bigger and better things? No chance of that happening of course, although it would explain the completely irrational and demented hatred he has for Tom Tolbert...jealousy.

I agree 100%. It is no little known fact where his alliance lies with the Kings and with which players....for that, I find my self listening less and less. He's been on this power trip for a while now, and don't get me started on Lam:(

Elektrik said:
I know Grant and Webber had a falling out due to some of Grant's comments last season. Webber took offense to something Grant said. It sure has become evident that Grant has complete disdain for Webber. It appears to be in response to Webber's not talking to Grant. It seems Grant feels slighted by Webb and is now trashing him at every turn. He has come out during the Peja interview and all but said that the reason for Peja's desire to be traded was because of Webber's comments. He has started dogging him at every opportunity. sometimes overtly, sometimes subtley.
I noticed that today, too. The past week he's been saying he was going to have all the guys, Webber, Peja, etc. on the show to discuss the ordeal, but it seems Webber didn't want to participate. He kept saying how Peja is a classy guy and inferring that Webb is the reason for Peja asking for a trade. If Peja is a classy guy for not saying anything, what does that make you Grant.

I've mention this before, but I lost whatever respect I had for Grant after he stirred the pot with Bobby Jackson and acted like he had nothing to do with the situation. Fans where calling in and asking him questions about it and he thumbed his nose in the air and berated them for bringing up such topics. After that I stopped listening to his show... though the past few days I've been tuning in again, not to hear the know-it-all posturing, but for news on the Kings. I've noticed he's been doing major damage control lately... praises Jackson every chance he gets now (I would use a different term, but it's probably not appropriate here).

I think Koz would be interviewing the guys that don’t want to deal with Grant. He’s been neutral on the issues during this whole ordeal.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Packt said:
... praises Jackson every chance he gets now (I would use a different term, but it's probably not appropriate here).
It's okay...You can say "Grant is smooching the donkey."

VF21 said:
It's okay...You can say "Grant is smooching the donkey."

LMAO!!!! That should work!

Grant is now getting the repercussions of what he did. He made his bed now he has to lie in it. The Rise Guys, Koz will probably pick up the slack with on air guests im sure.

Just for the record... the producers and Grant had been looking for a partner for Grant or the last few years.