Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Never! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Votes: 14 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dude12

Hall of Famer
Foul Savers? Uhh no.

Temple should be starting, that much is pretty clear. For literally no reason, we're giving opposing SG's 8-10 minutes of non-Temple defense. Thehe team is better with Temple on the floor and we should be maximizing his defense on the best opposing wing, not other bench guys.
No kidding the team is better with him on the floor....dude can't play 48.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Foul Savers? Uhh no.

Temple should be starting, that much is pretty clear. For literally no reason, we're giving opposing SG's 8-10 minutes of non-Temple defense. Thehe team is better with Temple on the floor and we should be maximizing his defense on the best opposing wing, not other bench guys.
I could argue with you but won't. I'm not sure what the logic is for Temple on the bench. He's a major force.

No kidding the team is better with him on the floor....dude can't play 48.
Let's try this again.

We should be maximizing his minute against the best opposing wings and not against other bench guys. Temple should be getting 33-35 minutes guarding the Lavine, Derozan, Harden types. For no reason at all, we're letting opposing SG's get going early against bad defenders like Afflalo and Ben.

In no way did I even remotely mention playing him 48 minutes

Well... Tempe should technically be the starter.

Anyone but Koufos should be starting at the PF spot with Cousins at the 5.

At this point D.C. Should be the back up.

So we're talking about at least 3 of our bench players should actually be the starters...

Joergers starting line up is a joke. He should start the game with the best 5 just like he finishes it (thank god he knows to do that at least)

I can't think of any other team in the league that doesn't start their best five
For the last decade San Antonio never started their best 5. Manu has been coming off the bench just about his whole career despite being one of the best SGs in the league during that time.

There is a lot more to it than just playing the best 5.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Let's try this again.

We should be maximizing his minute against the best opposing wings and not against other bench guys. Temple should be getting 33-35 minutes guarding the Lavine, Derozan, Harden types. For no reason at all, we're letting opposing SG's get going early against bad defenders like Afflalo and Ben.

I hardly think there is "no reason at all". Unless your also in the camp that thinks the reason Temple doesn't start is because Joerger is stupid. I'm guessing the reason is so that he's strong for the 4th and not in foul trouble but its a guess. Whatever the reason, he's getting 24-25 minutes per game

I do know that Tony Allen has averaged at most 26.7 minutes per game in his career...usually a tad under, but in that range. He's one of the best D guys.
Sefolosha is around 26 tops also in is career....also a similar guy to Temple.

Asking Temple to go an exta 8 minutes night after night, maybe the impact he has on the games is affected.

dude12

Hall of Famer
For the last decade San Antonio never started their best 5. Manu has been coming off the bench just about his whole career despite being one of the best SGs in the league during that time.

Yep...I also made a point that Kanter comes off the bench for OKC and he only averages 20 minutes per game.....is their 3rd leading scorer....it seems to work for them

Tried to hold it back....but simply cannot.

Reading posts that are praising improvements of the Kings team and lack of Rudy as a reason for recent wins, specially from posters that were critical a few weeks ago makes me laugh.

This is the same team as month ago.
The same.
It was better before than it was creddited for and it is not significantly better now than month ago.
We are borderline playoff team.

We lost some close ones on the road month ago and whistle robbed us from at least one win. Swing of couple wins makes W/L record look lousy.
Now we won some close on the road and whistle went in our favor. We look great.

The nature of the beast is that for the close games, and Kings are playing a ton of them this year, the luck plays a big deal.
W/L record does not show the real picture until the end of the season.

FWIW, my opinion about this team has not changed. I still think it would be best to go in a very different direction. But when the team wins, I am happy and do not want to be a buzzkill.

I could add some reasons why my opinion has not changed, but instead I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

S

sactownfan

Lol! I was seriously counting the seconds before someone when to the Spurs... yes the Spurs as the one and only real test to what I said... hilarious.... not every team in the league has the luxury of talent that the Spurs do.

If we ever get to their level of title contending then yes we might be bringing a potential starter off the bench at that point...

Until then let's just not be stupid and keep 3 potential starters on the bench

S

sactownfan

Also the only thing we've achieved by bring some or most of our best 5 off the bench is having to overcome deficits every single game... my point is if Dave wasn't so hard headed WE could actually lead to start the game for once ....

I don't hate the idea of starting Richardson in order to maintain the rotation, entirely... but I'm philosophically opposed to doing it before we actually get rid of McLemore. I would dispute the idea that he's shown us enough to say definitively that he's better than McLemore, however, he's played a grand total of twenty-two minutes. He's probably better than McLemore, just based on the principle of "What are the chances that he could be any worse?", but he's hardly proven he's better; catch McLemore in the right light, on the right night, and he occasionally looks like an NBA player, too.
Malachi does show glimpses of some NBA game but defensively he will get burnt as a starter. Teams will continuously go at him like they went at Jimmer every time he checked in. Malachi needs to get better defensively before he can get consistenr minutes at NBA level.

Lol! I was seriously counting the seconds before someone when to the Spurs... yes the Spurs as the one and only real test to what I said... hilarious.... not every team in the league has the luxury of talent that the Spurs do.

If we ever get to their level of title contending then yes we might be bringing a potential starter off the bench at that point...

Get your head out of the sand and look around the league. There are many teams out there that are not starting their best 5. Memphis is not starting Randolph or Allen, OKC is not starting Kanter, Houston is bringing Gordon off the bench, Monroe is coming off the bench with the Bucks besides being their best C. That is just a handful of examples but continue to burry your head in the sand and keep dribbling unsubstantiated rubbish claiming it as fact.

Malachi does show glimpses of some NBA game but defensively he will get burnt as a starter. Teams will continuously go at him like they went at Jimmer every time he checked in. Malachi needs to get better defensively before he can get consistenr minutes at NBA level.
One major difference is that Malachi is way ahead of Jimmer defensively. He also has much better tools to work with on that end of the floor.

A note of caution on this Kings run:

While it's great and all that they've pulled them out after being way behind, it's not like it's because they imposed their will on the opposition.
If we're honest about it, both the Blazers and T-Pups missed a LOT of wide open 3's and the Kings made a lot of 3's.

I don't see how we can reasonably assume that the Kings have figured anything out, or that these wins translate to any lasting success.

The Kings still left 3-pt shooters wide-open ; they just missed them.
The KINGS still executed down the stretch of those games and i see you conveniently left out their 20 point comeback at Utah. They deserve nothing but credit, because
they WON those games, period.

Let's try this again.

And what happens when Temple gets two quick fouls early in the first quarter?

Temple averages 1.9 fouls a game. It's a non point IMO. He needs to start and guard the opposing teams starting SG's. McLemore and Afflalo can guard the backups.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
So apparently the Kings are top 5 in defensive rating after the 1st half, so what if Dave.. somehow used what he did in the 2nd halves also in the first halves?? Would then that make us the best defensive team in the NBA??

With Joerger doing this we are getting there.

And what happens when Temple gets two quick fouls early in the first quarter?
? So should Boogie come off the bench to avoid foul trouble early? It's not a real argument whatsoever to limit Temple's minutes off the bench against worse offensive players. Minutes should be distributed in ways to best maximize players talents. Temple's would be better against better offensive wings.

Last edited:
Great 3 game winning streak. Kings need a 2 guard who can consistently score and play defense. Flip a coin between McLemore and Aflallo as to who moves to the bench and bring in someone more consistent. This team has a legit shot at the 8th seed if they can just keep playing the consistent defense and running their offense. You can see the offense producing open shots. NEVER saw that in the Karl free for all offense. And the defense in the 4th has been very good the last few games. I think they could trade Rudy for a 2 guard who can score a little and play defense, and the Kings wouldn't miss a beat. Hope Vlade is burning up the phone lines trying to swing a deal.

? So should Boogie come off the bench to avoid foul trouble early? It's not a real argument whatsoever to limit Temple's minutes off the bench against worse offensive players. Minutes should be distributed in ways to best maximize players talents. Temple's would be better against better offensive wings.
Well that is your opinion:) If coming off the bench was good enough for Bobby J it is good enough for Garrett Temple.

Temple averages 1.9 fouls a game. It's a non point IMO. He needs to start and guard the opposing teams starting SG's. McLemore and Afflalo can guard the backups.
Averages are often skewed. In key games recently this season Garrett has been in foul trouble. When he really gets into whoever is tearing it up (Zach LaVine the other night) the fouls are going to happen since the rules favor guards with the ball so much now.