[Grades] Grades v. Warriors 2/4/2017

Does it mean anything?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Late in the game and OT they kept running the click down under 10 seconds before they would ship it into cousins. The W was great, but agree some of the possessions at the end were hard to watch.
he was put into impossible situations, Draymond was over him like velcro whenever he was catching the ball from the high post with players waiting for his drive. Rather than screening him open for a post shot or he simply not establishing enough deep position due to the fact that he might get called for an offensive foul. If that's how teams are playing him, the ball needs to be quick and crisp, moving around and finding open shooters. It's on them to knock them down.

If I am a Kings fan I am not sure if beating the Cavs and the Warriors makes me feel better or worse about the how the season has played out.

Either way, Congratulations on the victory.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
If I am a Kings fan I am not sure if beating the Cavs and the Warriors makes me feel better or worse about the how the season has played out.

Either way, Congratulations on the victory.
If the NBA just had the NCAA's March Madness single elimination playoff system we'd be that impossible to predict darkhorse team that might bust half the country's brackets, or might do nothing at all.

Just noticed poll closes 10:30 pm on Monday. Assuming that's PST and Kings-Bulls game gone final by then will vote at that time with good deal more clarity than after this one. Basically meaning if Bulls come in here and get the W only last two choices will be considered.

If the NBA just had the NCAA's March Madness single elimination playoff system we'd be that impossible to predict darkhorse team that might bust half the country's brackets, or might do nothing at all.
On the post game show they had a stat that the Kings had played more games decided by 6 points or less than any other team this year : 26 (with a 13-13 record).

Shows the heart and determination of this team. Also shows they need to learn how to put some teams away.

Last edited:
Dubs were in Sactown last night, saw us get beat by the sorry suns and thought to themselves that it was going to be a cake walk, little did they know...

Cuz was a monster doing everything possible to will us to victory, what a performance loved seeing him push around all of those skinny jumpshooters.

gunks

Hall of Famer
So, I think I deserve a little credit for this win, thanks to my signature reverse jinx in the prediction thread.

I'm preeeeeetty sure I was the only person who predicted a loss tonight. Nobody check up on that though. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So, I think I deserve a little credit for this win, thanks to my signature reverse jinx in the prediction thread.

I'm preeeeeetty sure I was the only person who predicted a loss tonight. Nobody check up on that though. ;)
There were only about 5 of us who predicted a win, so you were nowhere near the only one with no faith at all in the Kings. :p

G

glassman

Come on, dude. Don't pee in our cereal tonight. At least wait until tomorrow.
Gotta agree I initially totally jumped around and celebrated... but immediately thought about losing to PHX and PHI... so many dumb losses do take the fun outa things.

I'd say if we could cut the horrible unnecessary losses by half ...tonight wouldn't feel lucky as much as deserved.

I wanna see us just gunning people down vs dodging an occasional bullet.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
BTW, pulled this from the bottom of the recap:

Kings: F Omri Casspi, out the last 10 games with a strained right calf, will not return until after the All-Star break. "We're going to be a little conservative with it," coach Dave Joerger said.
Its hard to interpret such a decision for such an injury as anything but "Omri isn't going to be suiting up for the Kings again unless it be after the trade deadline." Too bad.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
BTW, pulled this from the bottom of the recap:

Its hard to interpret such a decision for such an injury as anything but "Omri isn't going to be suiting up for the Kings again unless it be after the trade deadline." Too bad.
Apparently Omri Casspi is Hebrew for "Always Injured"

I think we've now beaten all four of last season's conference finalists...yet lose to Lakers, Suns, Sixers without Embiid, Knicks twice. I don't know what to make of them...how do you give the elite teams a hard time but struggle to put away the bottom tier teams when you have a double digit lead?

The talent on this roster is pretty bad, but they muck it up and keep it close usually. They are like a poor man's Memphis. It's nice that they are finally developing an identity that makes sense...now I hope the FO can hit on that draft pick (hopefully we keep it) and somehow add some talent.

I forgot to set up this recording. On dish the hi def replay won't let you finish the game. So I missed a lot. All of the drama it looks like. It's nice to beat the Warriors. I hope we have turned the corner. Forget about yesterday. I don't think we have a talent issue. We have a consistency issue. We are capable of beating anyone and losing to anyone. We should treat every team like they are the Warriors or Cavs.

I think we've now beaten all four of last season's conference finalists...yet lose to Lakers, Suns, Sixers without Embiid, Knicks twice. I don't know what to make of them...how do you give the elite teams a hard time but struggle to put away the bottom tier teams when you have a double digit lead?

The talent on this roster is pretty bad, but they muck it up and keep it close usually. They are like a poor man's Memphis. It's nice that they are finally developing an identity that makes sense...now I hope the FO can hit on that draft pick (hopefully we keep it) and somehow add some talent.
This is precisely what gives me the craps about this team. They can clearly be a solid team. We play well against top teams but lose games we should win relatively comfortably. How the hell do you lose to Phoenix, playing some of the ugliest basketball of the season but then the next night beat the hottest team in the league and play full 53 minutes?

The average talent IS medium level / borderline playoff-worthy, but they are UNBREAKABLE.
They keep coming back and never give up.

If they should bring-on the fire every night, there's no telling WHAT they can do...
(Even more so once they regain some of the balance that's missing with the lack of Temple & Casspi)

I think they're a fine group of players to (hopefully) get some first postseason experience in a decade, in a test-rub THIS season,
and then, with some twicks, make it to the 4th-5th place in the WC NEXT year, and build some respectability.

You can mock me for these words, but remember:
I'm the lucky dude who predicted a 109-107 W tonight, 7 hours before tip-off... :)

Can't take THAT away from me :cool:
And I will probably go on and on about it now,
Not letting anyone forget that, from now on... :p