• Patterson

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Thornton

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Ok...anybody who hasn't been catching these games...you should. Its turned into an all out war in California, and while we continue to come up just short in the battles, its been close, competitive, and downright nasty. Of course a lot of the credit for that has to go to the big guy in the middle who plays with an old school pre-corporate NBA edge, and has been inspiring other teams to flat out get dirty in an attempt to stop it. Its 90s basketball, and the team is beginning to take on that flavor. Our guards can't defend a traffic cone, we threw the ball just all over the court tonight in ridiculous fashion, but we still turned it into a playoff intensity physical war, that unfortunately got the refs involved in the outcome. We even relied upon a mythical Marcus Thornton sighting to turn the tide. Still, these are fun losses that throw an open question mark on the front office's presumed tanking strategy. Simply put in order to tank, we need to quit playing so hard. Our spirit would need to be broken so we quit. Otherwise we're going to start breaking through. You can see Cousins taking very visible leadership of this team, gathering them all up like a flock of geese after the game to high five them and hustle them off the court in us against the world style. Do we really want to see that fade back into demoralized resignation? Tough call. We're not good enough yet. The big guy needs help. And yet...we seem ready to be a serious team, if only we could add a serious talent or two.

Your Consoritum Graders tonight:
Bricklayer
Uncia03
Bajaden
Capt. Factorial
MassachusettsKingsFan

Boxscore

Stats: 21min 4pts (1-3, 0-1, 2-2) 7reb 0ast 1stl 0blk 2TO
Williams ( C+ ) -- Definitely not the follow-up performance that we might have all liked but played a decent game in what would be considered limited minutes. Picked up two quick fouls and then sat till mid-way through the second quarter. He played the majority of the 3rd quarter, but with 3 minutes left went to the bench and never saw the floor again as Salmons took up most of the SF minutes in this one. He only took 3 shot attempts in his 20 minutes of play and his only conversion was on a fast-break dunk. He had 2 misses, one of which was an attack from the baseline where he wasn’t able to finish and the other was a wide open corner 3pt shot which he missed badly. During the game Malone tried to get him the ball isolated on the left wing three different times with not the best of results. The first time the entry pass was picked off as Ben didn’t do a good job with the pass. The next time DWill got fouled, but prior to the shot. And the last time, DWill lost the handle as he spun off of Barnes which resulted in a TO. I think that the Kings can find success there, but it would probably be better to have someone other than Ben try those entry passes going forward. He showed that he can clearly play defense against both Barnes and Green. He didn’t allow any points scored against him while he was out there on the floor, though the Warriors didn’t really need offense from either of them as Thompson and Curry were killing us. He was also really strong on the boards, grabbing 7 rebounds in his 20 minutes of play. I don’t think the Kings allowed an offensive rebound while he was playing with Cousins and JT and that line-up should continue to perform really well on the boards due to their size and length. He didn’t hurt us in this game but he didn’t provide a ton of help, but he gets the + to his C in this one due to the good rebounding and the fact that he didn’t get scored on while he was out on the floor. --Uncia

Stats: 28min 10pts (4-8, 0-0, 2-2) 7reb 0ast 0stl 0blk 2TO
Thompson ( B ) -- got off to the good start to this one and had his season averages by the end of the first quarter. Good aggressive post banging in the early going but lacking touch as usual. And this time the contributions weren't all on one side of the ball either as he was also playing some strong quickfooted defense against David Lee, who never was a factor in this one. Was our first starter brought back in to stabilize a bench crew throwing the ball all over the indian burial ground, but did not fully settle until the other starters joined him. Provided some important little minutes at both ends when Cousins was out of the game on the bench. Came out to start the third not as effective, and when PPat took over and simply refused to miss, JT's late minutes got scarce not because of anything he hadn't done himself, but because another guy was there to do it even better. --Brick

Stats: 21min 24pts (10-13, 0-0, 4-5) 6reb 2ast 2stl 0blk 3TO
Cousins ( A- ) -- What an incredibly eventful game for DeMarcus Cousins despite only playing 21 minutes on the night due to foul trouble. When he was on the court he was unstoppable. He started the game hitting jumper after jumper, electing to play his offense on the perimeter due to the size advantage Bogut has on him inside. This is the right strategy assuming Cousins is hitting his jump shots, and tonight he was. In fact, he didn’t score a single point in the paint until late in the first half. Things sort of spiraled out of control from there. I thought Cousins did a great job weathering the Dirty-Bogut storm until the refs missed a pretty blatant cheap shot from Bogut towards the end of the second quarter when he elbowed Cousins in the head area behind the play. I don’t totally blame the refs for missing it. I mean, that is kind of what Bogut was going for, and this is something Cousins is going to continue to deal with because it is the only way to stop him. This understandably set Cousins off, and it would contribute to the technical foul he received in the second half. Cousins spent a lot of time on the bench, picking up a plethora of fouls (some legit, some flops - the usual). He didn’t return till about 8 minutes were left in the 4th quarter and played a solid stretch of basketball until he was called for an offensive foul, sort of returning the favor to Bogut with a much less blatant elbow upstairs. This was actually called a flagrant foul, which got Cousins riled up again (it would be reviewed and changed to a regular foul) and Malone decided to give him a few minutes on the bench to cool down. It was a risky play by Malone because there were only about 3 minutes left in the game at the time, and I DO question whether or not Malone left him on the bench too long. When Malone finally put Cousins back into the game he came through in a big way, taking Bogut 1 on 1 in the post for two straight buckets, matching the scoring Curry was doing on the other end. This was a fairly tough game to grade because Cousins was so efficient, but his time on the court was so limited. He was a game-high +19 on the night (second highest King was Thomas with a +4) and well on his way to an A+ type game. He shot an incredible 10-13, he was clutch, he shut Bogut down on the other end, he did everything a superstar is supposed to do, he just couldn’t stay on the court. Having Cousins in this game for 35+ minutes could have easily been the difference between a win and a loss, and that is largely the reason for the ‘-‘ next to his A. He continues to lead this team, HIS team, and that has been fun to watch. --Mass

Stats: 18min 4pts (1-5, 0-2, 2-2) 0reb 0ast 2stl 0blk 1TO
McLemore ( D ) -- A lot of this game was "Almost" for Ben. He almost finished two alley oops, but didn't. Both would have been tough, since the pass wasn't perfect in either case. He started the game by missing a wide open corner three. He then turned the ball over with a terrible bounce pass that never go there. His one moment of glory, was when he blew past his defender on the left baseline and layed it in. His only other points came off two freethrows when he was fouled away from the ball and the Warriors were in the penalty. Defensively, he has some good moments, and several bad moments. On one occasion in the 3rd quarter he got held trying to fight through a screen (no call) and Klay Thompson hit one of his many three's of the night. In the 1st quarter, he left Thompson to double down, and got burned by another three. At this point, its a learning process, and I did see some progress defensively. But he has a long way to go. He didn't get a lot of looks offensively, and I counted three occasions where he was moving without the ball, exploded to the left baseline corner, got a look from Vasquez, and was ignored. Could be a result from the last game where he got the ball several times, passed up the shot, and dribbled into traffic to either pass the ball, or take a tougher shot. If your PG gets you the ball when your open, take the shot! Or maybe next time, well, you get the picture. --Baja

Stats: 14min 6pts (2-8, 0-0, 2-2) 1reb 3ast 1stl 0blk 2TO
Vasquez ( D- ) -- Greivis shot 2-8 and sat for the final 18 minutes of the game. There's not much more to say. His passing was nearly non-existent in the first half (two assists, though one was a lob to Williams) and while Curry wasn't burning him left and right (scoring only 7 points off him) some of this was due to some easy shots that Steph missed. In the third quarter, Vasquez started to move the ball better, chalking up two assists (I think the box score cheated him one) and setting up three other missed shots before putting together two turnovers on an attempted lob and then another bad pass, which resulted in him getting yanked and IT's energy in the fourth simply did not afford Greivis a chance to get back in the game. Given his poor shooting tonight, there was little to approve of. We definitely need more from our starting PG.--Capt.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Bench

Stats: 34min 19pts (5-16, 1-4, 8-10) 5reb 8ast 2stl 0blk 7TO
Thomas ( C- ) -- It's tough to give Isaiah a grade for this game. On the one hand, he was terrible overall in the second and third quarters - 5 turnovers (including bad passes on two consecutive possessions) and 2 of 6 shooting while allowing 14 points defensively, 13 of those to Curry - and his play was a large reason we dug ourselves a big hole. Then in the fourth, he stared playing with more passion, he was moving the ball well, with 3 assists in the quarter and several good post feeds in to Cuz. Outside of that he was generally taking (but missing) good shots (excluding the three that first put us into the lead). He played with much more effort on D, even getting two steals off of Curry, once by stealing the ball from behind after getting beaten on a drive and once by slipping around and anticipating a pass again after being beaten on a drive. This good D didn't much matter, with Curry scoring on him left and right despite his best efforts for most of the stretch. It wasn't a great game by IT, but I feel like some of his effort rubbed off on the team during the comeback. Still, in the end I can't ignore the turnovers and the missed shots, and he certainly doesn't get any credit for not being able to stop a great scorer, though perhaps I'll penalize him less than I could.--Capt.

Stats: 27min 3pts (1-2, 1-2, 0-0) 1reb 3ast 1stl 0blk 2TO
Salmons ( D ) -- This was another one of those ‘Salmons’ specials. In 27 minutes of play he gave us 3 points on 1-2 shooting along with a single whopping rebound, 3 assists and 2 turn-overs. He did do a good job of looking for both Thornton and Patterson for scoring opportunities so he gets credit for looking for the hot hand. Barnes didn’t score against Williams but when Green and Barnes were in the game along with Thornton and Salmons, Malone had Thornton guarding Barnes which Barnes took advantage of. So Malone switched Salmons onto Barnes which had mixed success. (But better success than Thornton on Barnes) Salmons kept Barnes pretty quiet for the first few minutes then Barnes started going after him. Barnes turned over the ball once, but managed to draw a couple of shooting fouls on later possessions. What gets Salmons the D in this one was his inability to stop Curry in crucial late-game situations. Malone realized that IT couldn’t stop Curry so he wisely put Salmons on him. (A move that I agreed with at the time) Unfortunately Salmons wasn’t able to stop Curry either. Curry got him up in the air with an up-fake which opened the lane and allowed the Warriors to score. Then on the last Warriors possession of a tied game the Kings have a foul to give and rather than fouling Curry on the floor he clearly fouled him in the act of shooting with 9 seconds left. Curry knocks down both FTs and the game is over. This grade is results-oriented and if Salmons had been able to stop Curry on both possession resulting in a King’s win, he’d probably end up with a B grade, but the lack of statistical production as well as the inability to get two crucial stops and handing the win to the Warriors on that last play drops the grade down.--Uncia

Stats: 30min 21pts (6-11, 5-8, 4-5) 0reb 3ast 1stl 0blk 1TO
Thornton ( B ) -- This was truly the tale of two half's for Thornton. He scored 21 points on 6 of 11 shooting hitting 5 of 8 from the three and according to my notes, he scored all of his points in the second half. The first half was offensively forgettable, and defensively a half he wanted to forget. He got screwed into the floor by Barnes in the first quarter who scored on an up an under. MT tried to retaliate by shooting a three with a hand in his face, but missed. He did make a nice steal by stepping into the passing lane. He struggled again on Barnes who posted up the shorter Thornton and just shot over him. A bit later he got caught in a screen while guarding Thompson, who hit a three. The second half was entirely different. He started by coming off a screen and hitting a three. It looked like set play to start the game. Whatever, it appeared to prime the pump, because from that moment on, Thornton was sizzling, and the rest of the team kept feeding him. He even managed a nice assist to Hayes under the basket. He was fouled away from the ball with them in the penalty, and made both. After missing a couple of 15 footer's, he hit a three from the left wing. Was fouled shooting a three, and made 2 of 3 from the line. He then hit a three off a nice feed from Patterson. He finished it up with two more three's before missing his final attempt. He added 1 steal, but had no rebounds, which is unusual for him. All I can say, is welcome back Marcus. He gave the team a chance to win tonight. If not for his struggles on the defensive side of the ball, he might have had a higher score.--Baja

Stats: 21min 4pts (2-2, 0-0, 0-0) 5reb 0ast 0stl 0blk 1TO
Hayes ( C- ) -- With Hamady N’Diaye inactive Chuckwagon was the backup center tonight, and he played how Hayes has played for 3 seasons now. Ineffective, but not team killing. Started his stint off the bench with a nice strip of Jermaine O’Neal that went off O’Neal’s knee. Scored 4 points off of two great passes from Patterson and Thornton, and rebounded the ball about as well as you could expect. Had one really dumb turnover when he grabbed a defensive rebound and tried to throw the ball to Thomas, only Thomas wasn’t there. Typical Chuck game. --Mass

Stats: 27min 18pts (8-8, 2-2, 0-0) 7reb 3ast 1stl 1blk 3TO
Patterson ( A- ) -- this grade just kept on going up and up. In the early going came in for the very effective JT, and I made a note that it looked like he really wanted to have a good game, but was just caught up in the awful rash of first half turnovers, picking up a traveling call and 2 charges. But the parts of the game not involving a whistle looked good. He hit his shots, made a nice quick pass inside to Hayes for a layup, was lively on the glass, and played some aggressive defense on Marresse Speights. That defense looked shakier upon his return, but he again gave us effort on the glass after having to come back in for Cousins, made another nice little pass to Thornton for a hoop, and found openings to take, and hit his shots. As in all of his shots. He never missed. In fact the capper on this grade came at the 2:00 mark when Coach Malone, no doubt noting that he wasn't missing anything, called a play for him out of a timeout and PPat popped free up top to drain a three that put us up two with a chance to close it out. JT was pretty good in this one. PPat was even better. The power forward position is the new uninteresting position on the team with Williams at SF now but of course wherever I go, guys respond with big games. You notice what happened to Williams as soon as I wasn't grading him? Now watch what happens to PPat come Tuesday. 5pt 2reb or some such a I bet. But not tonight. Tonight he was a major factor in our comeback and near win here. --Brick

Last edited:
Kings 4-11... starting to look lot like last year. And we were very competitive against Ws last year. And it could get worse going forward (if possible) with all the road games looming. Even last year with that miserable 28 win team we were in many games or staged big comebacks but could not consistently close out opponents. Deja vu all over again. OK, we're not a very talented team - be patient. I like the effort for most part but not down the stretch execution. But so what, it's just another big fat stinking L... Bah humbug!

C

Cold

kings played a good game and cousins stepped up like a leader.

i got what i wanted: good performance by both teams but a warriors win.

helps both teams.

K

KingMilz

#Godsins made a apparence in limited mins thanks to bs for the most part keep his composure with cheap shots and non-stop flops
#D-Will same thing limited mins, did a good job on the boards and I don't think Barnes scored on him once
#Patterson and Thornton "where you guys been"? Good performances, when PPat mixes it up he's a weapon made great passes as well
#IT forced to much and Vasquez is nothing but a liability
#JT excellent D on Lee this is the JT we always need but only seem to get once every 3 games
#Mac didn't play to well but again let the kid play don't care
#Considering Curry and Klay went berserk good performance to be in the game with the ref's and turnovers badly against us
#Salmons had his moments but that foul........

I never realised how unlikeable the Warriors team is bunch of floppers and cheap shot artists, coach Jackson annoys me with his preaching garbage as well, I dislike them more than the Clippers.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ok...anybody who hasn't been catching these games...you should. Its turned into an all out war in California, and while we continue to come up just short in the battles, its been close, competitive, and downright nasty. Of course a lot of the credit for that has to go to the big guy in the middle who plays with an old school pre-corporate NBA edge, and has been inspiring other teams to flat out get dirty in an attempt to stop it. Its 90s basketball, and the team is beginning to take on that flavor. Our guards can't defend a traffic cone, we threw the ball just all over the court tonight in ridiculous fashion, but we still turned it into a playoff intensity physical war, that unfortunately got the refs involved in the outcome. We even relied upon a mythical Marcus Thornton sighting to turn the tide. Still, these are fun losses that throw an open question mark on the front office's presumed tanking strategy. Simply put in order to tank, we need to quit playing so hard. Our spirit would need to be broken so we quit. Otherwise we're going to start breaking through. You can see Cousins taking very visible leadership of this team, gathering them all up like a flock of geese after the game to high five them and hustle them off the court in us against the world style. Do we really want to see that fade back into demoralized resignation? Tough call. We're not good enough yet. The big guy needs help. And yet...we seem ready to be a serious team, if only we could add a serious talent or two.
And that right there is why we just let things happen and don't force a tank. And for me it's not a tough call at all. You don't stop a snowball once it's started to roll down the hill.

-Cousins is just a beast. only officials can stop him. no defender can. he needs to figure out how to stop having these games where he only plays 20-25 mins
-Bogut is scum. fine and suspend him
-would have liked to have seen D-Will play more minutes. Salmons over him in the 4th was just puzzling.

-and lastly, our PG situation is getting bad. Greivis absolutely cannot guard anybody, and it tears apart our whole defense. Isaiah is a nice spark off the bench, but he is too much of a tunnel vision hero baller to be running a team, i think its time for Ray McCallum to be given his chance to see what he can do.

love how our coach sticks up for our star player. Malone saying that he too would have been tossed from the game had they stuck with the flagrant call

1. Sean Cunningham ‏@News10Sean 2m
    Michael Malone said good thing Flagrant 2 called against DeMarcus Cousins was reviewable. Said he would have been tossed too

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I tell you what, all the people singing the "wait 'til next year" chorus had better be right. Because there are a lot of posters here who have hate in their hearts for the other California teams, and if our mythical rookie doesn't come through, we could be the fourth-best team in California for a while.

dude12

Hall of Famer
My theory here is that in the next 2 weeks we will see one of our PGs traded, what with the Dec 15 date close at hand. They will clear room for McCallum. It's difficult to play him now with both vets here. Having watched McCallums defense in preseason, I feel confident enough in saying that he can give us enough to play the position. Right now, GV and IT are just getting torched by all PGs. I like em both but neither guy has starting PG quality defense nor can we hide them with our interior defense. I also think that GV not getting big minutes is hurting his overall play but when guys he plays with don't make shots, his style of play is hurt.

I love how currently our 3 biggest rivals, games where boogie really comes out blazing are in our division; clippers, golden state and to a lessor extent the lakers

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I tell you what, all the people singing the "wait 'til next year" chorus had better be right. Because there are a lot of posters here who have hate in their hearts for the other California teams, and if our mythical rookie doesn't come through, we could be the fourth-best team in California for a while.
Only in the standings Slim. Irrational sense of moral superiority: intact.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kings 4-11... starting to look lot like last year. And we were very competitive against Ws last year. And it could get worse going forward (if possible) with all the road games looming. Even last year with that miserable 28 win team we were in many games or staged big comebacks but could not consistently close out opponents. Deja vu all over again. OK, we're not a very talented team - be patient. I like the effort for most part but not down the stretch execution. But so what, it's just another big fat stinking L... Bah humbug!
Really? Apparently you and I are watching two different Sacramento Kings teams in two different universes.

How can you even begin to compare the hopeless feeling of last season with what's happening right now? It's not deja vu. There is a totally different feeling coming from the team, primarily because DFC has claimed ownership. I feel sorry for you if you cannot recognize the difference.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Is this a threat? ;)

Really? Apparently you and I are watching two different Sacramento Kings teams in two different universes.

How can you even begin to compare the hopeless feeling of last season with what's happening right now? It's not deja vu. There is a totally different feeling coming from the team, primarily because DFC has claimed ownership. I feel sorry for you if you cannot recognize the difference.
I fully recognize Big Cuz growth for sure and hopefully he makes NBA All Star team this year. But to me loses are loses, last year was loses, and so far this year is a bunch of loses. So that part remains same with no moral victories that we were sooo close to getting the W. Maybe my frustration is because I have house full of relatives from So Cal (Santa Barbara/Ventura and Arizona/Tucson) and they're taking turns making fun of me for rooting so crazy only to get yet more loses - to LAC and GSW. They all think I'm "sooo weird" (late teens and early 20s ones) that I could be addicted to 28 win team (last year) and now 4-11 team so far this year. Finally, all of them are leaving tonight or by early tomorrow. At least they thanked me for two big smoked turkey's I grilled out on patio BBQ for everyone:)

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I fully recognize Big Cuz growth for sure and hopefully he makes NBA All Star team this year. But to me loses are loses, last year was loses, and so far this year is a bunch of loses. So that part remains same with no moral victories that we were sooo close to getting the W. Maybe my frustration is because I have house full of relatives from So Cal (Santa Barbara/Ventura and Arizona/Tucson) and they're taking turns making fun of me for rooting so crazy only to get yet more loses - to LAC and GSW. They all think I'm "sooo weird" (late teens and early 20s ones) that I could be addicted to 28 win team (last year) and now 4-11 team so far this year. Finally, all of them are leaving tonight or by early tomorrow. At least they thanked me for two big smoked turkey's I grilled out on patio BBQ for everyone:)
What I fear is what happens when we hit the road. We have had an unusually favorable schedule re: home vs road. The ugliness might happen on the road.

Kids don't seem to understand following a team loyally regardless. Bandwagon fans now seem to be considered "normal" o_O

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
My step-sister's 26 year-old son claims to be a diehard Heat fan.

Me: "How long have you been a Heat fan?"
Him: "Since they got LeBron."
Me: :rolleyes:

Bricklayer

The appropriate response to this would involve a rather dismissive invective against your relatives, so I'll refrain.

Oo oo do I get an A for being a 22 year old international fan who's supported the Kings for 12 years? :p

Marcus Thornton with an A, not because he played well, but because it increases the chances of us being able ot get something valuable for him. He's such a pouter. Even on his makes he pouts while going back the other way.

C

Cold

So where is the Warriors fan who tried to argue that Bogut could stop Cousins 1v1 in the post? Demarcus just embarassed Bogut this time around.
You're a freaking moron. Sample size? I hate rubbing it in after a tough loss for u guys but you asked for it. I'll let NBAreference.com head to head stats do the talking for me. Obviously tonight's game is not yet on their website and not accounted for so don't accuse me of leaving it out intentionally. Judging by your loud mouth, tonight's game must have been game 7 in the finals and holds bigger significance than the entire body of work or something. Bragging like you won the game. When ur done looking at my stats, go to NBA.com stats page and look at Cousin's production with Bogut on the floor and Bogut off the floor last season (this year's head to head stats are not up on their page but i'm positive it won't look impressive for Cousins either due to his bad outing 2 weeks ago... speaking of which where the hell were you then?). Cousins averaged a disastrous -15.9 per 36 minutes of floor time when Bogut is on the floor, whereas he is in the slight positive with Bogut on the bench. Come up with all your excuses, but -15.9 is COMPLETE OWNAGE no matter how you slice it.

And I'm not even bringing up their impact on team defense, where Bogut slaughters Cousins (2.7 blocks versus 0.7 head to head for their career; 0.76 points per play allowed in the paint for Bogut and 1.208 points per play allowed in the paint for Cousins when both played in the same game).

Just take the loss like a man. I'm not wasting another posting on you.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're a freaking moron. I hate rubbing it in after a tough loss for u guys but your loud mouth asked for it. I'll let NBAreference.com head to head stats do the talking for me. Obviously tonight's game is not yet on their website and not accounted for so don't accuse me of leaving it out intentionally. Judging by your loud mouth, tonight's game must have been game 7 in the finals and holds bigger significance than the entire body of work or something. It was a loss for Christ's sake. Also go to NBA.com stats page and look at Cousin's production with Bogut on the floor and Bogut off the floor last season (this year's head to head stats are not up on their page but i'm positive it will look like crap for Cousins too becuz he had a horrible outing 2 weeks ago... speaking of which where the hell were you then?). Cousins averaged a disastrous -15.9 per 100 possessions when Bogut is on the floor, whereas he is in the slight positive with Bogut on the bench. Come up with all your excuses, but -15.9 is COMPLETE OWNAGE no matter how you slice it.

And I'm not even bringing up their impact on team defense, where Bogut slaughters Cousins (2.7 blocks versus 0.7 head to head for their career; 0.76 points per play allowed in the paint for Bogut and 1.208 points per play allowed in the paint for Cousins when both played in the same game).

Just shut your strap and take the loss like a man. I'm not wasting another posting on you.

Even when you have interesting points to share, your overall vibe is extremely off-putting. Why not tone it down a bit?

You're a freaking moron. I hate rubbing it in after a tough loss for u guys but your loud mouth asked for it. I'll let NBAreference.com head to head stats do the talking for me. Obviously tonight's game is not yet on their website and not accounted for so don't accuse me of leaving it out intentionally. Judging by your loud mouth, tonight's game must have been game 7 in the finals and holds bigger significance than the entire body of work or something. Bragging like you won the game. When ur done looking at my stats, go to NBA.com stats page and look at Cousin's production with Bogut on the floor and Bogut off the floor last season (this year's head to head stats are not up on their page but i'm positive it won't look impressive for Cousins either due to his bad outing 2 weeks ago... speaking of which where the hell were you then?). Cousins averaged a disastrous -15.9 per 36 minutes of floor time when Bogut is on the floor, whereas he is in the slight positive with Bogut on the bench. Come up with all your excuses, but -15.9 is COMPLETE OWNAGE no matter how you slice it.

Just shut your strap and take the loss like a man. I'm not wasting another posting on you.

Man you are one insecure fan :p

Point still stands. Bogut cannot guard Cousins 1 on 1 in the post. Not sure why you're bringing up all of these stats that don't factor in Warriors bringing help on defense for.

I tell you what though, I think Warriors fans in general should just silently take the W and shrink back into the shadows. Beating a lottery team with their best player in foul trouble most of the game on a lucky Draymond Green tip-in isn't exactly a bragging point :p

Bricklayer

You're a freaking moron. Sample size? I hate rubbing it in after a tough loss for u guys but you asked for it. I'll let NBAreference.com head to head stats do the talking for me. Obviously tonight's game is not yet on their website and not accounted for so don't accuse me of leaving it out intentionally. Judging by your loud mouth, tonight's game must have been game 7 in the finals and holds bigger significance than the entire body of work or something. Bragging like you won the game. When ur done looking at my stats, go to NBA.com stats page and look at Cousin's production with Bogut on the floor and Bogut off the floor last season (this year's head to head stats are not up on their page but i'm positive it won't look impressive for Cousins either due to his bad outing 2 weeks ago... speaking of which where the hell were you then?). Cousins averaged a disastrous -15.9 per 36 minutes of floor time when Bogut is on the floor, whereas he is in the slight positive with Bogut on the bench. Come up with all your excuses, but -15.9 is COMPLETE OWNAGE no matter how you slice it.

Just take the loss like a man. I'm not wasting another posting on you.

And all of that, and yet the Aussie got his ass handed to him tonight, and responds with a cheap shot elbow that will probably get him fined if not suspended. Funny how that works when one guy is a 23yr old superstar just coming into his own, and the other guy is an older than his years 29 hanging on. Bogut has no doubt owned the matchup in Cousins developing years, but this is one of many boogie matchups that is turning now and will eventually be a blowout the same way aging Vlade or Sabas trying to stop Shaq was a blowout. Bogut will try to saavy it, will try any cheap tactic he can think of, but in the end, talent will win out. Just the way the game works.

Last edited:
C

Cold

Even when you have interesting points to share, your overall vibe is extremely off-putting. Why not tone it down a bit?
Fair enough. Will do.

Nonsense that some guy will brag about one player embarrassing another player when player A has averaged a whopping 10.8 ppg head to head in their career and generally deep in the negative +/- when the opposing defender was on the floor. Wait til he strings together a few good performances first. Knee jerk reaction ...

C

Cold

And all of that, and yet the Aussie got his ass handed to him tonight, and responds with a cheap shot elbow that will probably get him fined if not suspended. Funny how that works when one guy is a 23yr old superstar just coming into his own, and the other guy is an older than his years 29 hanging on.
Bogut is a cheap shot artist. He does it all the time. It's up to opposing teams to ignore his antics.

Centers decline at 29? I thought that's right in their prime. See Garnett and Duncan? I don't see any decline. If anything he's jumping higher and running faster than years past. *shrugs*.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bogut is a cheap shot artist. He does it all the time. It's up to opposing teams to ignore his antics.

Centers decline at 29? I thought that's right in their prime. See Garnett and Duncan? I don't see any decline. If anything he's jumping higher and running faster than years past. *shrugs*.
I think Brick was specifically alluding to Bogut not playing like a 29 year-old (due to his past injuries), hence the "older than his years 29".