[Grades] Grades v. Suns 2/3/2017

We lost yet..how many of Cuz, Barnes, Koufos, Ben, DC, Lawson, WCS deserve a C or lower?

Votes: 3 25.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 8.3%

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Joerger, get your 3 point defense in line buddy. The Kings won't go anywhere in todays NBA until they change up the game plan on defending 3's and more specifically shots created out of screen and roll.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Eh it's a message board. plus somebody was trashing Ben on another thread about not being hard working. So to me that says blind hate.
You haven't been here long enough to know what our posts say about us. It appears as though you just like to stir the pot. That may be the way some boards are run, but not here. And before you cry foul and accuse me of just attacking you because I don't agree with what you say, talk to some of the others. This is me VF21 the fan speaking and not the moderator.

Kingsfans.com is not just a message board. We are a dedicated group of (primarily) Kings fans who have been coming here religiously through thick and thin to talk about the team that drives us nuts (and we still love).

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Joerger, get your 3 point defense in line buddy. The Kings won't go anywhere in todays NBA until they change up the game plan on defending 3's and more specifically shots created out of screen and roll.
Good point, but I'm not sure we have that many players out there who grasp the concept and important of defense in the situations you've named (especially with Temple and Casspi on the sidelines). Hopefully this is something they can address seriously during the off-season (depending on how many returning players we get).

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Can't argue that logic. I just don't want us to throw games. ...

.... not that we really HAVE to.
It isn't throwing games. We just suck. The only chance we have is when Boogie goes All-World; and even then it's probably only 50/50.

K

KingMilz

No. The only thing we will be measured on is wins and losses.

I'll be the only one but, I believe if we attack this game with a sense of mental fortitude we are able to bring home the goods.
I disagree point differential and per 36 numbers are equally if not more important

Can't argue that logic. I just don't want us to throw games. ...

.... not that we really HAVE to.
Developing youth isn't throwing games, it's a long term viability strategy

It can be argued that a normal, typical franchise in the Kings situation would prioritize developing its youth, especially as the team is looking at going nowhere and has draft obligations

gunks

Hall of Famer
I'm not against developing youth. Especially when our vets are as bad as they are.

I'm just saying the draft has been fool's gold. Our picks have been comically bustacular.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
The point is, how can it be the quietest triple-double he's had, if it might not even be the quietest triple-double he's had this fortnight?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'm not against developing youth. Especially when our vets are as bad as they are.

I'm just saying the draft has been fool's gold. Our picks have been comically bustacular.
While this is all well and true, one would hope that with time and lots of patience, they are bound to get lucky again as they did with Boogie. Problem lies, how soon will that luck strike again?

Don't forget building that culture with ~35 wins THIS SEASON,
and with ~45 wins NEXT SEASON,
and with 50+ wins THE SEASON AFTER THAT.​
Fixed it for you! :D

OK, I won't forget!
And I agree with you that this is the way to build a culture.

(BTW, I think and hope that it's gonna be 38-40 this year,
but that's OK, because that IS ~35 and it IS a move upward)