[Grades] Grades v. Hawks and Ourselves 2/10/2017

Discussion in 'Kings Rap' started by Bricklayer, Feb 10, 2017.

?

Ok, how in the hell do you grade Demarcus Cousins tonight?

Poll closed Feb 12, 2017.
  1. A?

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. B?

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  3. C?

16 vote(s)
    25.4%
  4. D?

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. F?

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  6. I don't care, I hate him

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. I don't care, we won

31 vote(s)
    49.2%
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Well-Known Member

Convince me he's not worth keeping around on the off chance he turns into a 42% 3pt shooter vs what we can get for him. Korver cant change positions either. I'm not convinced we've had the conditions in place to develop him into his potential. We know what Temple, etc., tops out at.

Are you saying let him walk?

To your point though, I take Malachi over Ben if I have to.

Dammit now that I think about it you might be right, the diff being Bogdan.
  2. Kingsfan23

Kingsfan23 Well-Known Member

At this point I think we are hoping for one of the other three if not two of them to be able to play SF
  3. Siranthony

Siranthony Active Member

Also we started McLemore from the beginning. We never made him earn it like Jeorger has.
  4. The Hammer

I'm seriously impressed with Joerger's ability to motivate guys by benching them.
  5. ESP47

ESP47 Well-Known Member

He's also never had much competition either.

Marcus Thornton (after he lost his talent)
    Jimmer Fredette
    Nik Stauksas
    James Anderson
    Marco Belinelli
    Seth Curry

I think Seth Curry was the only guy that really came in and actually outplayed Ben enough to the point to force him to sit. The rest of the guys basically either played just as bad or even worse than him.
  6. Mr. S£im Citrus

Mr. S£im Citrus That's right, I said it! Staff Member Contributor

That patented Jason Thompson-Brand Job Security™.
    Spike, c-webb1s#1, VF21 and 4 others like this.
  7. EIM86

EIM86 Active Member

We almost always come back in the 4th. Now for winning? I hope we are turning the corner!
  8. John Galt

John Galt Well-Known Member

Kayte very recently said "as a former pro athlete I can tell you from experience, the strongest motivator the coach has at his disposal is the bench".
  9. KingsFanSince85

KingsFanSince85 Well-Known Member

It's such a simple concept, I'm actually surprised more coaches don't use it. Not so much on star players, but young role players.
    VF21 likes this.
  10. VF21

VF21 #TheFutureIsSkal Staff Member Contributor

That's exactly what he meant. :)
  11. The Hammer

I have a hunch the secret to that is respecting your guys and keeping that connection with them so that a benching doesn't feel personal.
  12. John Galt

John Galt Well-Known Member

I've noticed with Joerger that you're never really permanently in the doghouse - never irrevocably consigned to the end of the bench. At times I've thought Afflalo, Omri, Ben, WCS, Tolliver and even KK were "in the doghouse" but each has emerged from it to contribute in spots. I don't know if it will always be like that, but I kind of like it.
  13. The Hammer

Same. He just seems like a good guy, the type you want to fight for. Like the anti Karl. Very high social IQ.
  14. c-webb1s#1

c-webb1s#1 Well-Known Member

How dare you insult the GOAT James Anderson!
    [​IMG]
    That jumper was as sweet as honey!
    ESP47 likes this.
  15. parker

parker Active Member

Joerger has said when he makes changes he likes to give guys extended runs rather than altering the lineup continuously. I think that is why guys are on the bench for multiple games, not because they are in the "dog house".

I'm assuming he has communicated this to the team and they either understand or accept it.
  16. TaxMan

TaxMan Member

I don't think that really had much impact on his game, except maybe exposing him to failure on the court that shook his confidence. Otherwise, I always got the impression he was a very hard worker, didn't take things for granted, great guy with his teammates and never a primadonna (unless being the "pizza guy" went to his head ....)

I still remember his first game. It might have even been his first play after he checked in. He saw an opening down the lane and went in for a huge flying dunk....clanged it off the back of the rim. I remember thinking man that would have been awesome to nail that highlight dunk in his first game, but still pretty excited at the athleticism and aggression that play showed. I didn't think at the time it would be emblematic of his career. The guy with the sweet looking shooting stroke that just seems to always be slightly off. His brain always moving slightly faster than his body as he sees an opening but then dribbles off his foot.

I would love nothing more for everything to now click with him, and who knows, maybe he always needed someone like joeger to give him the combination of encouragement and tough love. I'm just not going to hold my breath. Either way I wish him the best and hope he's on an NBA roster next year and given the best chance to succeed.