[Grades] Grades v. Grizzlies 12/16/2016

Whose love child did you want to have tonight?

• Foxy Kosta Koufos

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Garret "Tempting" Temple

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • I want to have everybody's baby!

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
People keep saying this, but really, what exactly is this great disaster coming down the road? In another thread we have people openly suggesting losing Rudy might be addition by subtraction. Not sure I entirely believe that, but still, it can hardly be addition by subtraction now, and then some great disaster this summer.
The great disaster is the endless cycle of mediocrity....maybe you are fine with that, by all means, who am I to say how you should feel. However, for me personally...I want something to look forward to not just in the present but the future too.

The great disaster is the endless cycle of mediocrity....maybe you are fine with that, by all means, who am I to say how you should feel. However, for me personally...I want something
to look forward to not just in the present but the future too.
I wholly agree with this... there are at least 2 problems - 1) the management has shown incompetent in drafting, and 2) 31 wins will get another 8-10 pick
#1 is much more disconcerting. The days of great drafting/trades/FA are out the door. This Lower Class team is doomed to the spin-cycle of low-rung mediocrity without some dynamite.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
That's what we all live and die for...those grand moral victories!
Sarcasm notwithstanding, you're making a basic error when you think that it's about "moral victories." For some who have watched this team since the very beginning, finding some glimmer of hope recently even in losses is a nice change.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Sarcasm notwithstanding, you're making a basic error when you think that it's about "moral victories." For some who have watched this team since the very beginning, finding some glimmer of hope recently even in losses is a nice change.
I don't think it's about moral victories. I think it's about fans trying to tell themselves that a moral victory is a step in the right direction when it's clearly not.

And others who have been watching this team for a really long time realise that every year brings new glimmers of hope along with sub 30-40 wins. Feel free to be optimistic VF, you're a long time diehard optimistic fan. There is a line between being optimistic, having wishful thinking and being simply deluded though. I dare say that
the "pessimists" are also searching for a glimmer of hope, but conceive that there's more hope in making changes because this current iteration isn't working out as planned.