George Karl's Wild Ride

• Thread starter SacramentoKings
  • Start date
Maybe they don't dislike Karl as much as you think, then. Or maybe they simply don't care.
Id rather them not like Karl than not to care. They are paid to care. You don't have to like someone to work for them. My boss is a real treat, but I get my job done. There is a very fine line between apathy and.... oh who cares....

I don't think so at all. Don't make me back it up. ;)
If they don't suck, they sure are pretending to suck very well. Especially the defense of the guards. They are pretending to suck at an epic rate.

Too much talent on paper to be this bad. They should have solid control of that 8th spot with the talent they have. So there is something going on other than the lack of talent of years past, where they really did suck. This seems like something behind the scenes. Like a riff between Gay, Cousins, and Rondo. I'm not saying there is, just that there is something going on in that locker room that isn't apparent to fans or reporters who cover this team.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
If they don't suck, they sure are pretending to suck very well. Especially the defense of the guards. They are pretending to suck at an epic rate.

Too much talent on paper to be this bad. They should have solid control of that 8th spot with the talent they have. So there is something going on other than the lack of talent of years past, where they really did suck. This seems like something behind the scenes. Like a riff between Gay, Cousins, and Rondo. I'm not saying there is, just that there is something going on in that locker room that isn't apparent to fans or reporters who cover this team.
Or maybe a huge problem with a coach who doesn't know what to do with a team like Vlade has constructed.

I agree with what Jason Jones just said on KHTK.
Karl says curry is the best on ball defender we have yet since he said this, he hasn't played at all.

What does this say about karl's commitment to defense? Kinda self explanatory isn't it? IMO, He needs to go. We're just spinning our wheels at this point.

Last edited:
National media is catching up:

Marcos Breton of the Bee tweeted that he "still wonder(s) about pairing Karl with these Players. Seemed a bad fit from the start". But apparently he deleted his tweet now
Carmichael Dave‏@CarmichaelDave
Look. I'm not blaming Karl. Not really. Cause I don't know. But either: He's not coaching right Or They aren't listening to him
Carmichael Dave@carmichaeldave
Whether a coach isn't making the right decisions or the players aren't picking up/executing/tuning out, we know how the story ends.
And of course Aaron Bruski who has been there from the start
Aaron Bruski@aaronbruski
Cousins is being covered by 6’8ish Taj Gibson. Bulls know he’s going to stay on the perimeter
Aaron Bruski@aaronbruski
The Kings offense kind of reminds me of a handball game.

Last edited:
National media is catching up:

Marcos Breton of the Bee tweeted that he "still wonder(s) about pairing Karl with these Players. Seemed a bit fit from the start". But apparently he deleted his tweet now

And of course Aaron Bruski who has been there from the start
Taj is actually a half way decent guy defensively on Cousins.

But I'm just baffled about a few things tonight, just a big wtf sort of feeling.

https://www.facebook.com/Jason-Jone...rter-159755727375075/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Full Rajon Rondo quote on the Kings giving up career highs a lot:

“Everybody comes in and scores career highs. I just thought about that when I came into the locker room tonight and seen E’Twaun Moore had one. It seems like every other game it’s not a star player it’s the guys – maybe it’s a lack of focus, maybe we don’t respect these guys. They get paid just like we do and they’re making the best of it."

gunks

Hall of Famer
I can admit that I got caught up in the karl hype. Should have listened to brick.
Same here.

Hell, even PDA's incompetent arse knew Karl was a bad hire!

If we can get Thibs this summer, I'm pumped. Or maybe there is a diamond in the rough out there (like Malone, or Stevens in Boston).

Us being the Kings, it's more likely the carousel will continue.

Then again. .... Vlade.

I'm rambling. ... either way, Karl needs to go this summer.

Same here.

Hell, even PDA's incompetent arse knew Karl was a bad hire!

If we can get Thibs this summer, I'm pumped. Or maybe there is a diamond in the rough out there (like Malone, or Stevens in Boston).

Us being the Kings, it's more likely the carousel will continue.

Then again. .... Vlade.

I'm rambling. ... either way, Karl needs to go this summer.
I trust Vlade to pick a good coach.

I trust Vlade to pick a good coach.
Yes but the bigger question here is does Vivek trust Vlade make this team into a winner but not the one that plays to Vivek's vision of positionless basketball and where PACE is king?

Knowing Vivek, he was us to play like Warriors which this team with DeMarcus will never be able to play that way!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yes but the bigger question here is does Vivek trust Vlade make this team into a winner but not the one that plays to Vivek's vision of positionless basketball and where PACE is king?

Knowing Vivek, he was us to play like Warriors which this team with DeMarcus will never be able to play that way!
I feel like a broken record, but I'll say it again... Vivek's vision then is not necessarily Vivek's vision now. I still maintain that he learned a very valuable albeit painful lesson in his first two years as owner and, by dumping PDA and Chris Mullin, he pretty much admitted that his vision had been wrong. Unfortunately, we still have the last little remnant - George Karl - to deal with.

Vlade Divac should not be underestimated. He wouldn't have taken this job unless he considered all the possibilities. Vlade knows the value of DeMarcus Cousins. He also knew right from the beginning that George Karl didn't understand that the way he should.

Vivek has handed the reins to Vlade. Give the guy whose #21 hangs in the rafters a chance to really do his job.

I feel like a broken record, but I'll say it again... Vivek's vision then is not necessarily Vivek's vision now. I still maintain that he learned a very valuable albeit painful lesson in his first two years as owner and, by dumping PDA and Chris Mullin, he pretty much admitted that his vision had been wrong. Unfortunately, we still have the last little remnant - George Karl - to deal with.

Vlade Divac should not be underestimated. He wouldn't have taken this job unless he considered all the possibilities. Vlade knows the value of DeMarcus Cousins. He also knew right from the beginning that George Karl didn't understand that the way he should.

Vivek has handed the reins to Vlade. Give the guy whose #21 hangs in the rafters a chance to really do his job.
i have absolutely no issues with Vlade. he gets it and knows what it takes. time will tell but I am not convinced that Vivek still gets it. time will tell though!

I had a long typed out explanation of what's wrong with the team and how Vivek isn't the issue. But I'll just sum it up. PDA put this organization in a huge hole. It will take more than a year to climb out of it. Our hail mary attempt at making the playoffs may be falling short, and the consequences could be brutal. But bottom line, It was a tall task to turn this around in one year. Vlade did his job with what he had to work with. Vivek got out of the way. Karl hasn't held up his end.

I had a long typed out explanation of what's wrong with the team and how Vivek isn't the issue. But I'll just sum it up. PDA put this organization in a huge hole. It will take more than a year to climb out of it.
Wait a minute.

How can you blame PDA for putting the org in a huge hole (presumably by firing Malone, and then later hiring Karl)?

The recent Malone interview made it clear that it was Vivek who fired him. And I believe Vivek clearly hired Karl, as well.

Vivek Ranadive put this franchise in a huge hole, let's not drop the ball on this one.
The dangerous ignorance and approach is still within this organization.

Wait a minute.

How can you blame PDA for putting the org in a huge hole (presumably by firing Malone, and then later hiring Karl)?

The recent Malone interview made it clear that it was Vivek who fired him. And I believe Vivek clearly hired Karl, as well.

Vivek Ranadive put this franchise in a huge hole, let's not drop the ball on this one.
The dangerous ignorance and approach is still within this organization.
1. If you think that PDA wouldn't use every trick in his book to not take the blame for anything, then you forgot just how devious he is. Vivek can't shift blame. He ultimately has to give approval one way or another.

2. Vlade is capable of standing up and taking control and making his own decisions. If PDA was too weak to own his title, then he still gets blame for digging the hole.

I'm not saying Vivek is without blame. But PDA couldn't handle his responsibilities.