George Hill to the Cavaliers?

dude12

Hall of Famer
So I'm going to go out and say that Woj again has missed the mark on the Kings with his tweet that Skal is involved in talks. Woj is good except when it comes to the Kings.

Skal is a boom or bust prospect, but he's more closer to busting than booming. WITH THAT BEING SAID, he's the type of player a rebuilding team bets on. There's no real rush to trade him, so I don't see why there's urgency to dump him.

If anything, I'd dump Frank, Malachi, Papagiannis, and Jackson before I decide to dump Skal for a roster spot.
Absolutely. Skal is not a player who should be considered expendable for a trade we don’t need to make. Let’s be clear, the Cavs are the ones interested in Hill...we don’t need to trade him right now (although a lot of us are eager to get rid of him). In fact, it might even be possible to argue that we’d be cashing our chips in early because he should have more value this summer or next season as an expiring. If he really does become a distraction and detrimental to have around the kids then we send him home for the rest of the year and figure it out in the offseason. Everybody needs to know that one player is not bigger than the organization and will not bring the rest down. Let’s keep that same energy we had from the comments after the Boogie trade.

Shumpert + . Frye + 2nd for George Hill is a NO-BRAINER......DO IT, Vlade!

The Cavs are in a unique situation in that they are desperate and willing to go DEEP into the luxury tax and add a 31 year old PG owed 30M so they can keep arguably the BEST player in NBA history for the rest of his career. These scenarios don't come around every day! No one else is going to want Hill at 20M next year either. Dump this bum before it is too late!!!

Tonights game minus Hill and Z-Bud had pace and energy and flow. Hill is incapable of pace and energy with his conservative structured boring approach. He's not a creative baller. He's mechanical and jaded. No fire. No passion.

There's one play in which the ball went from one side of the floor to another in a span of 5 passes that led to a corner three by Buddy. That was great team play! That gets everyone pumped and more cohesive. And that would NEVER happen with terrible free agent signings gumming up the works.

The Cavs are NOT done after they had Hill assuming it happens. They are going to dangle that Nets pick to try to land De'Andre Jordan.

A team of:
Isaiah
Hill
LeBron
Love
De'Andre

This team would be great. I would LOVE watching them play and I would bet George Hill awakes from his season long coma!

With decent role players around them (Korver, Wade, Green, Crowder) is what they need to challenge the Warriors. At least make it back to the Finals. If the Cavs get bounced by the Celtics or Raptors, then LeBron is going to the Lakers or Rockets or maybe even back to Miami!

LeBron never liked Dan Gilbert. He tolerated him to return to his own hometown city to finish unfinished business. Gilbert fired his GM instead of paying him fair market value. The team handled the Kyrie Irving situation terribly never trying to mend fences or for cooler heads to prevail . It is drama every year with them and it starts at the top.

LeBron delivered the title to Cleveland as he promised. His work is done there. All this is an OPEN SECRET and that is why they are the ONE and ONLY team willing to trade for George Hill. He is a vet who will learn the system quick and he will be the beneficiary of kick outs from IT LeBron and Love . He spaces the floor and makes the smart play. He's a great complementary guy.

Vlade brought Hill to SAC to be a star. And he paid him like a star. He's not a star! Swing and miss by Vlade! Now he has to clean up the mess he made! Sadly there's NO guarantee he won't end up making a bigger mess!

P.S. The Kings aren't trading Skal. Don't worry about it. Unless the trade is going to be expanded and we get Kevin Love back. :)

So I'm going to go out and say that Woj again has missed the mark on the Kings with his tweet that Skal is involved in talks. Woj is good except when it comes to the Kings.
What could happen is the proposed trade includes a 2nd round pick from CLE.

Then the Kings counter offer asking for CLE 1st round round pick.

Then the Cavs say if you want our 1st rounder you will have to include Skal.

And the Kings say "no way".

This is how the trade talks can be said to "include Skal". Don't worry about it!

What could happen is the proposed trade includes a 2nd round pick from CLE.

Then the Kings counter offer asking for CLE 1st round round pick.

Then the Cavs say if you want our 1st rounder you will have to include Skal.

And the Kings say "no way".

This is how the trade talks can be said to "include Skal". Don't worry about it!
I hope you're right!

I know we would take Shumpert and Frye (both players which we don't need or want) in a Hill trade, but don't trade or dump Skal or Malichi to get this deal done.
Let's wait and see what the final deal ends up being before we all jump off the cliff. If sacrificing Skal gives us a mid 1st round pick or gets us a pick back in 2019 it might actually not be a bad deal.

Care to share some links? As I recall, it was a pretty big SURPRISE to everybody watching the All-Star Game.

EDIT: You know what? Never mind. I'm not going to revisit that trade, those rumors, etc. You're free to have your opinion. Have a nice night.
No need to get upset at me, VF. I ain't fighting with ya. Just making a point, even if I'm somehow wrong. Perhaps my memory is bad but I recall lots of info leaking in the wake of that trade. But I'll move on....

I hope you're right!
Skal does not have an NBA body yet. He has chicken legs! He also started playing basketball at a late age (14 or 15).

Wait until he fills out and adds the strength and size he needs to.

With his touch athleticism work ethic high release point and positive attitude he is going to be special!

Vlade is not the brightest bulb in the bunch but he's not the dimmest either. He knows all this.

The only way Skal will be traded is if we can get Kevin Love back.

Divac needs to hold out for a #1. Otherwise, I just don't see the point unless it's just to make Hill happy.
The point is obvious. We will have 10-15M or more to spend this off-season but that's not the biggest reason.

Boggy is a revelation running the pick and roll. He's brilliant. Every second the ball is in Hill's hands is another second it is not in Boggy's.

Next, Frank Mason needs minutes. He struggled before his injury for about 5 games but that was just a bit of the rookie wall.

Next, De'Aaron needs his 30 MPG to develop into the star he is destined to be.

So between Boggy, Frank and Fox there is ZERO minutes for Hill.

Then add Buddy to the equation as Super 6th Man and there is ZERO minutes for Hill at the SG too.

So you have an over-prized underachiever getting in the way of the youth.

Hill served his purpose (somewhat) until we realized these rookies can play and he was not up to the task of being a high usage star we signed him to be.

Cap flexibility and a 2nd round pick is more than we will get from any other team for George Hill.

Vlade brought Hill to SAC to be a star. And he paid him like a star. He's not a star! Swing and miss by Vlade! Now he has to clean up the mess he made! Sadly there's NO guarantee he won't end up making a bigger mess!

Here is hoping he brought him in to generate a 1st round draft pick out of thin air and some money. overpay a valuable player so that he ends up signing with you, make it a short term contract so the contract is also valuable as expiring, wait for a playoff team with an immediate need to bite, convert into 1st round draft pick. nothing+money->hill->1st round draft pick. :). hopefully. maybe...

Shumpert + . Frye + 2nd for George Hill is a NO-BRAINER......DO IT, Vlade!

The Cavs are in a unique situation in that they are desperate and willing to go DEEP into the luxury tax and add a 31 year old PG owed 30M so they can keep arguably the BEST player in NBA history for the rest of his career. These scenarios don't come around every day! No one else is going to want Hill at 20M next year either. Dump this bum before it is too late!!!

Tonights game minus Hill and Z-Bud had pace and energy and flow. Hill is incapable of pace and energy with his conservative structured boring approach. He's not a creative baller. He's mechanical and jaded. No fire. No passion.

There's one play in which the ball went from one side of the floor to another in a span of 5 passes that led to a corner three by Buddy. That was great team play! That gets everyone pumped and more cohesive. And that would NEVER happen with terrible free agent signings gumming up the works.

The Cavs are NOT done after they had Hill assuming it happens. They are going to dangle that Nets pick to try to land De'Andre Jordan.

A team of:
Isaiah
Hill
LeBron
Love
De'Andre

This team would be great. I would LOVE watching them play and I would bet George Hill awakes from his season long coma!

With decent role players around them (Korver, Wade, Green, Crowder) is what they need to challenge the Warriors. At least make it back to the Finals. If the Cavs get bounced by the Celtics or Raptors, then LeBron is going to the Lakers or Rockets or maybe even back to Miami!

LeBron never liked Dan Gilbert. He tolerated him to return to his own hometown city to finish unfinished business. Gilbert fired his GM instead of paying him fair market value. The team handled the Kyrie Irving situation terribly never trying to mend fences or for cooler heads to prevail . It is drama every year with them and it starts at the top.

LeBron delivered the title to Cleveland as he promised. His work is done there. All this is an OPEN SECRET and that is why they are the ONE and ONLY team willing to trade for George Hill. He is a vet who will learn the system quick and he will be the beneficiary of kick outs from IT LeBron and Love . He spaces the floor and makes the smart play. He's a great complementary guy.

P.S. The Kings aren't trading Skal. Don't worry about it. Unless the trade is going to be expanded and we get Kevin Love back. :)
No we should absolutely hold out for their first. If not we hang on to Hill until the bitter end.

Why would we do that? K Love is going to be 30 next year and he's almost useless on defense. We should be the team trading a Kevin Love for a Skal Labissiere right now not the other way around.
Agree with you, but I do think Kevin Love could be a good fit next to Willie. An elite rebounder (when under the rim), an excellent and willing passer and doesn't need to put up 20 shots. But, as you said, he doesn't play good defense and is closing on 30. By the time the Kings might get good, he'd be on the decline.

The more and more I read about this, the more and more I just don't get it.

What the hell do the Kings get out of any of this? They just want to make headlines for a couple of days as the laughing stock everyone still believes they are?

This. Makes. No. Sense. Whatsoever.

http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-cl...mento-kings-george-hill-nba-trade-deadline-2/

Several sources told Amico Hoops last week of the Cavs’ interest in Hill. Sources later added a potential Cavs trade for Hill would possibly involve sending big man Channing Frye andshooting guard Iman Shumpert, as well potentiallypoint guard Derrick Rose to the Kings.

ESPN suggested the deal would focus on Frye and Shumpert only, and perhaps a draft pick — something first mentioned by the New York Times.

The pick isn’t expected to be anything substantial, sources said, meaning it could be a second-rounder.

Several sources suggested the Cavs-Kings deal could be finalized as soon as Wednesday or Thursday.

Absolutely. Skal is not a player who should be considered expendable for a trade we don’t need to make. Let’s be clear, the Cavs are the ones interested in Hill...we don’t need to trade him right now (although a lot of us are eager to get rid of him). In fact, it might even be possible to argue that we’d be cashing our chips in early because he should have more value this summer or next season as an expiring. If he really does become a distraction and detrimental to have around the kids then we send him home for the rest of the year and figure it out in the offseason. Everybody needs to know that one player is not bigger than the organization and will not bring the rest down. Let’s keep that same energy we had from the comments after the Boogie trade.
I think some of us are over valuing Hill. He's getting paid like an all-star with production no where close to it. He has value to very few teams in the league, who might think that adding him might make a difference. Teams in such position rarely have high draft picks. This year, Cavs might be the only team who value him so.

Trading a large expiring is also not that easy or useful. Some big market teams like LA or NY might be willing to do that if they think they have a decent shot at some FAs. Else, teams planning to start over might be willing to trade a star in return for expirings and picks/prospects. That's relatively rare though. We don't have any picks to offer in 2019 or 2020, and have displayed a reluctance to take on long term contracts (smart). So, the only real scenario of dangling Hill as a large expiring might be some team that's willing to reset, and offers a star for some of our kids + Hill.

That said, we gain nothing from the proposed trade, except being nice to Hill. While that by itself will be good, it would be monumentally stupid to give away some kid just to be nice to Hill. I do hope that if they do decide to go ahead with the trade (Hill for Frye+Shumpert+sweetener), they'll not trade some kid for a low pick to create a spot, but will waive Vince instead.

ps: Hoopshype shows our salary for next year at close to $70M. Z Bo is listed as not being on the roster. I thought his contract was for two years. Anyone know if he is signed for next year too, or was I mistaken about that? If we have only $70M on roll next year, trading Hill makes even less sense.

It makes total sense. Vlade thinks Rose will revitalize his career in Sac. In turn, playing themselves out of the Top 10 picks this year. in addition, Rose will lead the Kings to the playoffs next year, as well.

Lots of talk on twitter that the Cavs are "on the 1 yard line" with regard to making a deal with the Kings. Unless it involves something better than is being reported, let's hope it's at the same 1 yard line that Chris Hansen, Steve Ballmer and Seattle were supposedly on 5 years ago.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Lots of talk on twitter that the Cavs are "on the 1 yard line" with regard to making a deal with the Kings. Unless it involves something better than is being reported, let's hope it's at the same 1 yard line that Chris Hansen, Steve Ballmer and Seattle were supposedly on 5 years ago.
Ugh... until something's official I won't fling myself from the bridge, but that pit in my stomach is getting deeper and deeper.

I think some of us are over valuing Hill. He's getting paid like an all-star with production no where close to it. He has value to very few teams in the league, who might think that adding him might make a difference. Teams in such position rarely have high draft picks. This year, Cavs might be the only team who value him so.
It's not about that. We all know that George Hill isn't a marquee player. But there's no reason to trade him unless someone wants him so badly that they are willing to overpay for him. The Kings aren't having cap issues. Hill's contract is short and contains an inexpensive buyout should they want to get out of it in the future. And he does have more value to a conteding team than he does to the rebuilding Kings .... that's being undervalued.

That said, we gain nothing from the proposed trade, except being nice to Hill. While that by itself will be good, it would be monumentally stupid to give away some kid just to be nice to Hill.
Exactly right. Which is why none of this makes any sense.

When they tried to sell us on the reasons Boogie was traded for low return, it was because the chemistry was bad, the locker room was bad and it's all about "culture". But now they have good locker room guys and "culture" so why the need to jettison someone that might not be happy with their current role (even though that player made the choice to sign here knowing it was a rebuild) ?

They don't have the DeMarcus Cousins character excuse here. There's no reason to dump Hill for pieces the team doesn't need and that doesn't fit with the direction they've been going. A 2nd round pick is usually worthless, so that can't be the driving force behind wanting to do this deal. Iman Shumpert isn't anything more than a defensive role player. The Kings have a better version of one of those. Derrick Rose is a shell of what he once was and would only get in the way of Fox and Mason's development in the same way George Hill has.

Ugh... until something's official I won't fling myself from the bridge, but that pit in my stomach is getting deeper and deeper.
I hear ya. But where there's smoke, there's usually fire ... or someone smoking crack.

All reputable NBA reporters are posting pretty close to the same info. I'm officially worried.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I'm gonna withhold judgement until a trade gets done, but if Skal gets shipped out for Shump, Frye, and a 2nd rounder, I'm down to grab pitchforks with the rest of y'all.

Hill for all that junk is fine.

I am Not that high on Skal. I respect those of you who think he will end up being more than just a role player. It probably means the Kings are throwing all their chips in for the unknown(Giles) The Kings may have their eyes on Ayton or Bagley, as well.

Shumpert and Frye will probably never play in a Kings Uni. If Rose is a part of the deal, it must be a Vlade delusion again.