George Hill to the Cavaliers?

Don't forget we have Detroit's second round pick for 2020. How is this relevant? It probably isn't, much like a lot of information being circulated.

Some of the fans of other teams are going Y2K level bonkers with some of their proposals.

"I don't want to live on this planet anymore"- Prof. Hubert Farnsworth

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Seriously guys, if Vlade trades Skal I'm Peace-outing and only following DeMarcus' journey.

At the very least until Vlade get forcibly removed from his position.

It's a big if. But there's smoke. I'm afraid there's fire. And if there is, I'm just not ****ing dealing with it anymore. I'm pretty much broken here.

Right now I'm crap scared. I hope they don't do anything instead of doing something stupid. There's no point trading away Malachi or Skal for a low pick. Their value is unlikely to fall than now, and next year, with more playing time, and some experience behind them, it may go up quite a lot. We would be fools to sell low for cap space we don't need, and picks that might not pan out. Plus, we have no incentive to tank next year. Two year vets are more likely to help than rookies picked at the back of the class.

Don't forget we have Detroit's second round pick for 2020. How is this relevant? It probably isn't, much like a lot of information being circulated.

Some of the fans of other teams are going Y2K level bonkers with some of their proposals.

"I don't want to live on this planet anymore"- Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Don't post such messages. They're scary as hell. I already feel my heart weakening.

That said, this trade won't work. We can't ship out 3 players and get 5. Seems like a bug in the trade machine, as it doesn't keep track of roster spots.

You guys are giving me a stomach ache. Think I'll go to bed now. I want to say there's no way Vlade will give up one of our blue chips to rid us of Hill. But then I remember the trade with Philly and the mistakes he made with the Cousins trade. Tonight I'm willing to bet a shiny nickel that all the rumors of Vlade getting fleeced are coming from CLE, and we should be taking it with a grain of salt. Team mgmt and agents leak stuff to the media if they think it will help them get what they want. So many people on this board forget that. "Where there's smoke, there's fire!" Not likely, IMO. But then, I'm only betting a nickel so I'm obviously not as confident as I'd like to be.

Here is something that popped into my head. Could the Kings be lining up a trade or clearing cap space for Randle hence why Skal might be available?!

Didn’t Joerger gush about him when we played Lakers recently?

Seriously guys, if Vlade trades Skal I'm Peace-outing and only following DeMarcus' journey.

At the very least until Vlade get forcibly removed from his position.

It's a big if. But there's smoke. I'm afraid there's fire. And if there is, I'm just not ****ing dealing with it anymore. I'm pretty much broken here.
Would be hilrious if cousins signed with LA next season lol

The only other thing I can think of that could motivate this type of salary dump trade is our new ownership group hurting for $$ already thus mandating Vlade to cut salary.

Honestly, I can’t think of any other reason that makes sense why they’d at all be worried about shedding salaries. We certainly know it’s not because they’ll be big players in the upcoming free agency pool...

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I am Not that high on Skal. I respect those of you who think he will end up being more than just a role player. It probably means the Kings are throwing all their chips in for the unknown(Giles) The Kings may have their eyes on Ayton or Bagley, as well.

Shumpert and Frye will probably never play in a Kings Uni. If Rose is a part of the deal, it must be a Vlade delusion again.
It's not even about how good Skal is our isn't. Vlade gave George Hill that contact last July. If he's now got to give up any of those first round picks he's managed to stockpile to dump that contract for nothing more than salary relief just 7 months later the man should be fired on the spot. I respect his time here as a player, nothing will tarnish that for me. But the trade where he gave up two years of swap rights and an unprotected pick for salary relief was the worst trade I'd ever heard of up until he gave up DeMarcus freakin Cousins for 1 protected pick and Buddy Hield and both of those pale in comparison to dumping one or two former first round picks just to trade a player he signed literally less than a year ago and get nothing but a second round pick and cap relief in return. That's beyond awful. If I were Adam Silver I would veto that trade and then call Vivek and strongly encourage him to either sell the team or seek professional help immediately. An 8 year old could tell you that this is idiotic. Yes I know they're just rumors but there's a pattern here. We hear snippets of absurdity and dismiss it and then the actual deal gets reported and its far worse than we'd ever thought possible. I'm questioning Vlade's ability to even comprehend what the job he's been hired to do is right now.

Because really, I can't get over this, why in the name of all that is holy would you even sign George Hill in the first place if you're going to then cave to his "trade demand" halfway through the season and burn some of your assets to do it? Have you no self respect? If George Hill really wants out that badly he can tear up his own contract. It could be Skal or Papagiannis or Malachi or even Frank Mason, doesn't matter. The result is the same. Congratulations you've just taken the money out of your wallet and lit it on fire. Is that the type of person you want managing your assets in the future? I was actually starting to get excited about this team again now that all the kids are playing and starting to look like a team and we're going to start casting off all those players we wheeled and dealed to acquire for what? Is Cleveland going to give us whatever blackmail material they used to win 3 lotteries in 4 years? Is that a thing? Nobody is actually this stupid right? Right?!

Maybe the Kings organization leaked these outrageous details to get the Kings fans reaction BEFORE they made this trade!

I mean, let's look at the violent backlash they faced after they traded DMC for peanuts and no one had any ideal until the trade was done!

Honestly, this could be the last straw for a lot of long suffering Kings fans!!!

So...... maybe the Kings leaked the details of this potential trade, so they could gauge the fans response, before they finalize anything.

If this is the case, then Vlade better not trade our young players in order to dump Hill's salary, or I think a lot of Kings fans will be done with this team!!!

Don't post such messages. They're scary as hell. I already feel my heart weakening.

That said, this trade won't work. We can't ship out 3 players and get 5. Seems like a bug in the trade machine, as it doesn't keep track of roster spots.
Well my apologies, but I think my post serves a purpose. Do not think for a minute that modern "journalists" are above throwing similar garbage out there for clicks. The Hill trade is "trending" and many want a piece of the action before it has dried up.

My point is that unless what I just said is false ( about the click-bait ) then it does no one any good to fret about it at this time. If it makes no sense, then why believe it until it is a proven fact?

And yes that trade was ridiculous if for nothing else then for the reason you stated. It does not take into account the number of players on our roster. Sure doesn't stop fans or talking heads from stirring up our fanbase because hey, LUL KANGZ right?

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Maybe the Kings organization leaked these outrageous details to get the Kings fans reaction BEFORE they made this trade!

I mean, let's look at the violent backlash they faced after they traded DMC for peanuts and no one had any ideal until the trade was done!

Honestly, this could be the last straw for a lot of long suffering Kings fans!!!

So...... maybe the Kings leaked the details of this potential trade, so they could gauge the fans response, before they finalize anything.

If this is the case, then Vlade better not trade our young players in order to dump Hill's salary, or I think a lot of Kings fans will be done with this team!!!
This team is as desperate to shed itself of its fans as a dog is to get rid of fleas. For those of us who are still around it's basically just performance art at this point..

Oh yeah? They're doing what now? That's absurd no one would ever do that! Oh. Oh wow. Not absurd after all. But why quit now? Let's see how far down this rabbit hole goes!

I’m still trying to find the motivation behind pursuing such a trade. I mean, I can certainly understand Cleveland’s interest. And I sure hope they were the ones that initiated the first call.

But why on earth did the Vlade and the Kings remain interested based upon what’s being reported?

And let’s move on from the “it’s all speculation and nothing is finalized” phase. These details have been reported on the Kings postgame by Koz, Kayte and Ham and also in the Bee by Jason Jones. There is most certainly something to this even if it doesn’t end up happening. They’ve certainly been working on it.

But, again, what’s the motivation on the Kings end? A 2nd round pick is nothing to center a deal on. So can’t be that. The players coming from Cleveland aren’t impact players or even something to develop for the future. And the Kings salary situation now and in the next year and beyond is nothing to be concerned about. They have no albatross contracts.

So why is this being considered at all? Someone come up with a GOOD explanation, please.

I’m still trying to find the motivation behind pursuing such a trade. I mean, I can certainly understand Cleveland’s interest. And I sure hope they were the ones that initiated the first call.

But why on earth did the Vlade and the Kings remain interested based upon what’s being reported?

And let’s move on from the “it’s all speculation and nothing is finalized” phase. These details have been reported on the Kings postgame by Koz, Kayte and Ham and also in the Bee by Jason Jones. There is most certainly something to this even if it doesn’t end up happening. They’ve certainly been working on it.

But, again, what’s the motivation on the Kings end? A 2nd round pick is nothing to center a deal on. So can’t be that. The players coming from Cleveland aren’t impact players or even something to develop for the future. And the Kings salary situation now and in the next year and beyond is nothing to be concerned about. They have no albatross contracts.

So why is this being considered at all? Someone come up with a GOOD explanation, please.
The devil's in the details. As it's being reported, there isn't any good explanation. However, it appears what is being reported is from Cleveland's perspective or hopes. Jones seems to confirm that talks are or have happened but his inclusion of the youngsters almost seems to be regurgitation of what others have speculated.

What we aren't hearing is what the Kings are asking for. Or any details other than Dallas what the price is for our youngsters and as the Captain has shown, we don't need a third team. It appears that the team's past deals make anything look plausible.

Cleveland has lost like 10 of their last 13 games. LeBron is set to bolt after the season as usual. The Cavs are supposed to be in the Finals because LeBron. The Cavs are way into the luxury tax.

The Kings are rebuilding and positioning for the lottery. There is no reason to trade Hill besides doing him a solid.

Now which team is under pressure here?

The trade has not happened yet because Vlade is asking for the 1st round pick. Cleveland has two 2018 first round picks but can only trade one. They probably are holding out the 1st in hopes of getting Jordan from the Clips with it.

Vlade should say " No first, no trade."

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the Kings' fanbase is in a fragile state and rightfully so, they've been beaten and battered with rumors left and right not knowing which one is accurate. If there is one thing we can learn from a decade plus of incompetence, no matter who is in the front office at the end of the day it's the Kings' fault that they are where they are and nothing would surprise me anymore, whether it being a Skal trade or whoever else.

Tbh I have a feeling with all these rumors about Skal, the Kings staff think that Harry Giles is second coming of Chris Webber.

Would I be surprised if we trade Skal for nothing and in few years Skal would put up pretty good numbers for a playoff team, but Harry Giles is our Greg Oden? (tfu tfu tfu knocking the wood three times). NO I would not be surprised because we are the fans of Sacramento Kings and we can't have good things.

My point is... don't trade Skal... please...:(

Tbh I have a feeling with all these rumors about Skal, the Kings staff think that Harry Giles is second coming of Chris Webber.

Would I be surprised if we trade Skal for nothing and in few years Skal would put up pretty good numbers for a playoff team, but Harry Giles is our Greg Oden? (tfu tfu tfu knocking the wood three times). NO I would not be surprised because we are the fans of Sacramento Kings and we can't have good things.

My point is... don't trade Skal... please...:(
I’m not believing this nonsense they won’t trade Skal makes 0 sense. And if we are that hyped over Giles than that’s a good thing