George Hill and Zach Randolph will rest Sunday as we face the Wizards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have a back to back otherwise color me suspicious...not expecting a trade but who knows the real reason. Practice chippy-ness? They seem to all get along but Zbo had some issues his last year in Memphis under Fizdale when Fix started bringing him off the bench.
Doesn’t sound suspicious to me. I think it’s a first step in testing new players a and a new rotation without promoting or demoting anyone. It let’s Joerger hold the cards wi.thout making a permanent commitment. Very smart of him.

He found Ramon Sessions secret stash of yesteryear. :p

I wonder what it is about Sacramento and vets coming here to die. Before the easy excuse was BECAUSE DEMARCUS SOMEHOW (hi Grant), but obviously that can't be used anymore.

Hopefully it's just a slump, and he'll be his workmanlike self before too long... & I've heard too many good things about Hill's character to believe he's checked out because of his money. ZBo on the other hand...
Hill's problem is he's not a PG and can't create easily and we are asking him to do both, if Cousins/Hayward/George/Prime Manu or Parker was on the team Hill would have been a great fit since he would not have to run the offense and just do his thing.

What's really surprising to me is how many years of evidence does the coaching stuff need of how Hill plays and how he is effective to realize what they are asking of him is not possible. This is his 10th season I don't think he's just all of a sudden going to be able to run a offense and create with WCS/36 year old Z-Bo/Justin Jackson and Hield playing alongside him it's just so completely unrealistic and the coaching stuff really is to blame.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
"Rest" is just a euphemism for benched so the vets don't get their noses out of joint. Obviously at this point of the season they aren't tired. This is exactly what I was hoping for - more Fox, more Mason, and more Skal. The coach wants to speed up the game, and this is going to help. Whether it will help them win against Washington is an entirely different story. It's really not about wins and losses; it's about playing well or not playing well. We can all see they aren't playing very well, given their talent and inexperience.

I'm curious though why coach didn't just move Hill over to the 2-guard position? I guess he wants more time for Bogs and Buddy, or Coach just isn't happy with Hill's play altogether. As many have said, including me, Hill's head just doesn't seem into the game.

If coach wants to speed up the game I sure would like to actually see evidence of the famous WCS speed that we've all heard about. At this point it's been a rumor and nothing more. On offense I haven't seen him beat opposing defenses down the floor. On defense have I seen him running down fast breaks and swatting the ball away. I see a lot of observing from WCS, and not nearly enough speed. Fox and Mason will run, so I hope this gives the push that WCS needs in order to run.

Hill is the biggest disappointment so far this year.
Randolph is probably the second biggest.
It is a polite way of saying "we want to start someone else."

I’m wondering if the decision is from the FO to send a message to Joerger on playing time, if it’s Joerger inspiration to play Randolph etc all these minutes

Joerger’s a solid coach, but may just not be a fit for a rebuilding team

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Do we have a back to back otherwise color me suspicious...not expecting a trade but who knows the real reason. Practice chippy-ness? They seem to all get along but Zbo had some issues his last year in Memphis under Fizdale when Fix started bringing him off the bench.
I'm curious, what planet are you living on? Joerger stated before the season even started that he was going to get some of the younger players minutes by resting some of the veterans. You might try paying more attention before posting. Sorry if I appear to be rude, but some of your posts make no sense, and appear to be agenda driven. Your very close to going on my ignore list.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
My god, bunch of conspiracy theorists in here. Again, Joerger told us about this weeks ago. He said instead of trying to play 11-12 a night, he would periodically rest the veterans. This happens to be one of those nights.

Oh, and guess what, the Wizards will probably have 4 players suspended, 3 of which are rotational players/starters.
Bingo!!!!
I guess no one was paying attention to what he was saying. Why would we actually listen to the head coach when conspiracies are a lot more fun. :eek:

I’m wondering if the decision is from the FO to send a message to Joerger on playing time, if it’s Joerger inspiration to play Randolph etc all these minutes

Joerger’s a solid coach, but may just not be a fit for a rebuilding team
Joerger has had a lot of success in developmental leagues winning coach of the year. He's a solid coach for the rebuild. He knows what he is doing with young players as last year showed.

Joerger has had a lot of success in developmental leagues winning coach of the year. He's a solid coach for the rebuild. He knows what he is doing with young players as last year showed.
That's because development leagues didn't have veterans lol. He's notorious for riding veterans heavy minutes.

What did it show? He over relied on vets last year. Skal and Buddy’s progress? They are talented

Yes, respectful people respect everyone’s, and don’t call them out of name for their opinions. I’d respond but I’m not going to let you put my status here in jeopardy, that’s why we have the ignore function
I don't respect the point of view that "Joerger is probably having his strings pulled by the front office... otherwise he would probably play Hill, Temple, Carter, Randolph and Koufas 48mpg". I think the suggestion that there is an ulterior motive, or that Joerger is being less than direct about what he is doing and why, or that Vlade/Vivek have ordered him to bench Hill & Randolph... is crazy. Nothing personal - it just does not fit into the realm of what I consider sane.

I don't think Joerger signed a contract with the Kings to be a Vivek/Vlade puppet - I don't think he would be a puppet for any amount of money. I think he is establishing culture and doing exactly as he pleases with respect to minutes distribution. In fact, I think if Vivek or Vlade tried to tell him how to distribute minutes he would ignore them - maybe quit.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Respect other people’s opinions.

Unless you have some first hand information that we don’t, you have no clue why their sitting
People can respect someone's right to have an opinion without having to respect the opinion itself. When someone comes on here and posts something that is just beyond ridiculous in the eyes of the vast majority of posters, they're gonna call said person out on said blathering. I don't know how long you've been around message boards but at some point you just have to realize you're gonna be called out on stuff. It's not personal. It's aimed at the opinions you're choosing to post.

And yes, I'm closing this thread. At some point, the insanity just has to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.