Gay and Collison for Goran Dragic???

If I'm the Kings I'm on the phone ASAP... and I do this deal now in a heart beat...

Apparently the Kings ended talks when MIA asked for D.C. And Gay... but now....

I've lost all faith in DC as a solid consistent starting point guard. PLUS gay and D.C. Are both out of here at the end of the season...

I'd love to see this deal and maybe one more deal that involves us sending our expiring contracts with Ben or other rookie to a team that's looking to clear Space and start over. Affalo and friends for maybe an over paid but solid player.
Vlade: "So hey Pat, I was just on twitter and I was seeing how you were on the brink of Dragic for Gay/Collison... and I was just wondering"
Riley: "sorry wrong number"... click

Goran Dragic is a top 10 PG, while DC is a backup PG. Can't lie with these numbers:

19.2pts 6.7asts 4rebs 1stl

45.1/41.7/80.2

If we were serious about continually trying to put a contender around Cuz, I don't see why Vlade doesn't do this trade. He'd be a big dumby considering that Rudy already says he's not coming back, while DC has progressed tremendously.

S

sactownfan

Vlade: "So hey Pat, I was just on twitter and I was seeing how you were on the brink of Dragic for Gay/Collison... and I was just wondering"
Riley: "sorry wrong number"... click
Ok unlike Sacramento ... MIA is actually a top 3 best / most highly sought out destination for free agents... if they clear up a huge amount of cap... they can assemble anything they want. they can get whoever... we would probably have to include a young guy also. But sky is the limit for MIA with money.... being a kings fan we forget there are places FA's actually want to go to...

Ok unlike Sacramento ... MIA is actually a top 3 best / most highly sought out destination for free agents... if they clear up a huge amount of cap... they can assemble anything they want. they can get whoever... we would probably have to include a young guy also. But sky is the limit for MIA with money.... being a kings fan we forget there are places FA's actually want to go to...
Goran Dragic's contract isn't a problem at all. He's also playing like a top 10 PG. He'd be a piece they'd keep moving forward...so I don't see why they would be desperate to get rid of him. His contract is actually dirt-cheap compared to new contracts. He's only at 15.9mil! Pat Riley is also a wizard and retained Tyler Johnson for only 5.6mil.

Bosh doesn't count against their salary cap either.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Goran Dragic is a top 10 PG, while DC is a backup PG. Can't lie with these numbers:

19.2pts 6.7asts 4rebs 1stl

45.1/41.7/80.2

If we were serious about continually trying to put a contender around Cuz, I don't see why Vlade doesn't do this trade. He'd be a big dumby considering that Rudy already says he's not coming back, while DC has progressed tremendously.
I watched Dragic play vs Toronto last year in the playoffs and was not impressed. It looked like he peaked as a backup/starter with Nash on the Suns. He has the ability to create shots for himself and teammates, very good shooter. Does not have the transition abilities of Collison but runs a pick and roll better. Lawson has outplayed Collison this year as well IMO. I don't think we can keep Rudy and DMC at this point, Rudy takes away too many touches from everyone on the court and when he doesn't have the ball in his hands or is scoring he isn't contributing in any other way.

Goran is also 30

I like Goran over Rudy and DC, not sure if Miami would. I would however like Rudy turned into Payne a lot more.

If Paynes foot remains a non issue I recon he will be a real good piece of the guard equation next season. Especially needed if we play ourselves out of a draft pick this year. I also want Payne so if we keep our pick we fill another hole with a SF.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I was totally against this trade when it was first rumored. ...

... but my guy DC has been total garbage. We get a PG like Dragic in here.... could start making moves.

And of course I'm down with any trade that gets rid of Doody Rudy.