Garrett Temple elected Vice President of NBPA

I am really excited about the Guys the Kings selected in the draft. The continued development of the guys under contract. Also I would like to see Bogdan and Milos in Kings uniforms. Tony Allen is a Free Agent and I would like to see him set an example of hard nosed defense. Yes I know he is 35 years old. Zach Randolph is also a Free Agent and also 35. That said he still has game. Why add 35 year old Veterans? Because they will work on short contracts and be ready to hang it up when the Young Fellas are ready to play.

Way to go Garrett, Represent!

Marc J. Spears‏Verified account@MarcJSpearsESPN
Kings guard @GTemp14 was elected to a three-year term as VP of @TheNBPA. His term will begin effective immediately replacing Kyle Korver.

With all the rookie talk, I figured the one guy on the roster over the age of thirty deserved something.
This is great news and will really help solidify his role as the vet leader of the team. Will help Kings rep around the league too. I could see Temple going right into asst coaching when he retires. Would love it to be here.

I know its still at least a couple of years away but I could definitely see Temple getting a coaching role or a role in the front office with the Kings once he retires. The franchise loves him, he seems to love it in Sacramento and he is just an great person to have around the place.

I hope the kings keep Temple with this organization for a very long time as a player, coach or in the front office. He is a man of integrity and has great people skills