[Game] Sac @ Por 1/23/12

Yup. Time for me to go do whatever it is that racist people do. Maybe kiss my Rubio poster or erect another gold statue of Steve Kerr (dreamy dreamy Steve Kerr).
Not racist enough. Try dropping the NBA and becoming a Nascar or NHL fan, or no one will take this seriously.

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
'Twas sarcasm (hence the eye rolling thingymajimmer). Referring to the "argument" someone made about Jimmer being the only white dude on the team a couple days ago. Humor is all I have to get me through these games, gallows they may be
Unfortunately, the problem is that 1) Humor doesn't always translate on the internet, and 2) There are too many people who are going to be offended, whether 'twas in jest or not. Better to stop any such comments before they get out of hand.

I watch these games hoping for a glimmer of potential. I gotta look at the positives. Jimmer is getting his shots to fall. And we know Demarcus can rebound consistently.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Unfortunately, the problem is that 1) Humor doesn't always translate on the internet, and 2) There are too many people who are going to be offended, whether 'twas in jest or not. Better to stop any such comments before they get out of hand.
Yes I agree but if that's the case then why allow the whole original conversation (the one that was apparently serious) take place?

Idea to save the Kings: Change the name to the Sacramento Free Tacos. Get Taco Bell sponsorship. Build Jimboy Taco Hut Stadium. Change Slamson into a bottle of hot sauce. Make $$$$$

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Warmer... perhaps you could make this admission on a youtube video with Rammstein playing in the background.
I'm not sure whether to go the corncob pipe route or the tweed jacket professorial type route for this. I think I'll just settle for my Joe Kline jersey then.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Idea to save the Kings: Change the name to the Sacramento Free Tacos. Get Taco Bell sponsorship. Build Jimboy Taco Hut Stadium. Change Slamson into a bottle of hot sauce. Make $$$$$
But that would be false advertising for the hometown fans because the only people getting tacos would be the other team.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Yes I agree but if that's the case then why allow the whole original conversation (the one that was apparently serious) take place?

Must have been off-duty. And, that reminds me:

MOD NOTE: if you see a questionable or offensive post, report it, using the triangular "Report Post" button underneath the poster's screen name. Do Not depend on the moderators to read every single post on this message board to find offensive material.

If you see it, report it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This could get Charlie Sheen out to our games. Celebrities at games help build programs right? Worked for the Lakers. While we're at it, send the memo to Rosie about free tacos. Seriously, we could be onto something.
Every half-time have a taco eating contest. It would be like the 4th of July and a basketball game in one!

Must have been off-duty. And, that reminds me:

MOD NOTE: if you see a questionable or offensive post, report it, using the triangular "Report Post" button underneath the poster's screen name. Do Not depend on the moderators to read every single post on this message board to find offensive material.

If you see it, report it.
Last lines remind me of V for Vendetta and Priest.

Was just using a play on words (see what I quoted) to make a joke. Relax fella.
If you weren't such an obvious Jimmer fanboy and, also, feel a need to tear down Reke at every possible opportunity, I might buy that it was just a joke. You could have substituted most Kings players into the joke, but you, once again, choose to disparage Reke. Pretty tiresome and juvenile.

this team is just not assembled the right way, too many "get mine" players. and when they are down (which is often), everytime someone touches the ball, they think they are the one that will be the hero. which leads to bad shots, which leads to frustration on defense, which leads to easy baskets for the other team. The Portland announcers completely bashed this team throughout the game, but to be honest they were just stating the truth.

Players on this roster who play selfish basketball ball pounding basketball:

Tyreke Evans
Marcus Thornton
Demarcus Cousins
John Salmons
JJ Hickson
Travis Outalw

Players who look to pass to open players/play team ball:
Jimmer
Isiah Thomas
Jason Thomspon
Chuck Hayes
Garcia

thats four of our starters who are ballhogs when the ball is swung to them, i think its time to start looking at Petrie and asking questions. You just don't assemble a team of gunners and have success in this league. The best teams (Chicago, Miami, OKC) have 2,at most 3 main scorers but thats pushing it, and surround them with players who do other things. We have 3 "star" players who show up every other game and surrouded them with gunners for the most part.

Wait, you're telling me that our lineup of Thomas, Jimmer and random SG as our small forward isn't going to be able to get defensive stops to come back from deficits??

The weird thing is that Cousins was a forcing shots and playing like an idiot, but he suddenly started facilitating the offense in the 4th with Cisco and Jimmer and the rest.

The thing about ME-Ball is that its contagious if you're prone to it. One guy starts jacking shots and the rest worry about when they'll next see a shot, so then its everyone getting selfish. You need like a 2.5 to 1 ratio of team players to ballhogs to keep things flowing.

The Blazers can get away with having Jamal Crawford because the other four guys will run the offense.