• 81-1

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • THE WORLD WILL END BEFORE THE KINGS CAN FINISH THE SEASON

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • DEMARCUS COUSINS

Votes: 39 57.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is it a little too optimistic to actually believe that we will make the playoffs after such a convincing start to the season? Do rhetorical questions exist??!

What an awesome GUT CHECK game for the Kings !!
Demarcus was fouled continuously for 45 minutes. I think they even tried to foul him when he was on the BENCH! - Didn't matter
Rudy Gay is throwing up after the game - Didn't matter
Ramon Sessions was non existent again - DIDN'T MATTER !

The won ANYWAY !! This is gonna be a FANTASTIC YEAR !!

I'm so mad I missed everything after the third quarter. Looks like it was a pretty good ending eh?
Oh man. I almost hate to tell you. Pretty good?

I can confidently say that this was the best ending to any Kings game (save perhaps the 35 pt comeback in Chicago, but the context here probably gives this the edge)... since some playoff games back in, say, 2002. For proof, watch the likes pile up on this post.

K

Kingsguy881

Toot more horns pls
I started a thread about it. Don't know how to search and i only got few hits but it was legit. Something about him being a bench missing link. Honestly there was too much infighting about he who shall remain scoreless in the second half for anyone to really care.

Oh man. I almost hate to tell you. Pretty good?

I can confidently say that this was the best ending to any Kings game (save perhaps the 35 pt comeback in Chicago, but the context here probably gives this the edge)... since some playoff games back in, say, 2002. For proof, watch the likes pile up on this post.
Gotta agree...can't remember the last time I felt this crazy after a Kings game. Felt like a Playoff game

This game was so heart pounding because we would have been blown out in years past. Like them or not, Suns are a good squad and they were all on their games besides IT. We got their best game, we didnt play our best but still pulled it out.
Some actually expected this game to be a sure WIN for us.

Unfortunately, Gay had an off-night, Collison also had a relatively off-night too, and Cousins also fouled-out at the crucial moment. Give the Suns some credit for a hell of a game for they were able to make this game as close as it can be.

And we should all be glad it happened this way. It made the game very exciting.:D

Last edited:
Kayte:

"The best screens I've seen set all year were set on IT tonight. They were looking for him."

"I felt that Isaiah kind of... crumbled."

Dude she tells it like it is.

I effing love it.

Also

"There are so many national news stories being written about this team right now it's insane."

Almost my fave stat of the night:

IT: 17 mins, 1/4 fg, 1/4 3 pt fg, 4 asst, 3 pts.

Dude hit one measly three pointer as you can see he was chucking them up.

But of course my fave stat of the night:

Kings: W
Apparently his grandfather died and he had been at the funeral. I think that was part of what was going on with him.

How about cuz showing the maturity to restrain the coach after cuz fouled out on a very questionable call.
Was amazing. And even the way he was acting after going to the bench (before he restrained Malone) was something like we have never seen before. In a good mood and high fiving teammates. Not something we have ever seen from Cousins in a situation like that, fouling out of a close game in crunch time on a questionable call, he would probably have been ejected last year.

Hell, if i was at the game, i probably would have been ejected on that call....

Last edited:
K

Kingsguy881

Was amazing. And even the way he was acting after going to the bench (before he restrained Malone) was something like we have never seen before. In a good mood and high fiving teammates. Not something we have ever seen from Cousins in a situation like that, fouling out of a close game in crunch time on a questionable call, he would probably have been ejected last year
Cuz cared more about the win and he BELIEVED his mates could get it done.

Landry is really carrying the bench with his scoring. I really appreciate it. Omri was off and Rudy was off. Carl Ben and Darren pulled us through
Great game! Grest team win on the road.

The only problem in the team right now is that we can't seem to make any 3pt attempt (The whole team, really).
We can't sustain our streak unless we at least pose SOME threat from the perimeter. I really hope the 3's start falling...

Regarding Casspi - he wasn't off tonight at all. He just didn't play much (10 minutes only).
In that short time Omri made great contribution on the boards (4rebs), and as a facilitator (2assts), but didn't take any shots from the field yet.
Who knows, his hand may have been really hot tonight (note he made all 4 FTs) - no way to tell. :).
BTW, I think Casspi actually leads the team in TS% and eFG%, neck to neck with Landry.

Speaking of Omri, he should have deffinitely gotten minutes in 2nd half & OT tonight. I think it was a bit too risky and unwise to play Rudy almost 48 minutes tonight. :confused: It's a long season...

Agree with Ron. Omri did a very good job tonight. As a matter of fact, I think it was Landry, Omri and Nik Stauskas that were the most effective Kings. However, that's not so important. The major thing here is the team coming together and believing on themselves. As long as they play as a team, the sky is the limit.

Great game! Grest team win on the road.

The only problem in the team right now is that we can't seem to make any 3pt attempt (The whole team, really).
We can't sustain our streak unless we at least pose SOME threat from the perimeter. I really hope the 3's start falling...

Regarding Casspi - he wasn't off tonight at all. He just didn't play much (10 minutes only).
In that short time Omri made great contribution on the boards (4rebs), and as a facilitator (2assts), but didn't take any shots from the field yet.
Who knows, his hand may have been really hot tonight (note he made all 4 FTs) - no way to tell. :).
BTW, I think Casspi actually leads the team in TS% and eFG%, neck to neck with Landry.

Speaking of Omri, he should have deffinitely gotten minutes in 2nd half & OT tonight. I think it was a bit too risky and unwise to play Rudy almost 48 minutes tonight. :confused: It's a long season...
I notice when he shoots his free throws he wiggles his feet like golfers do before they put or drive. I don't know the correct term though. Too young and poor to golf.

I like the outcome, but not the gameplay. We blew way too many chances to close this game out and were bad on defense for 3 quarters, at time looking like the slow and desinterested Kings of last year.
Great that the guys could turn it around and come out with the win, but this game was a step back in terms of the defensive performances.

The moving screen calls really upset me. I understand, that it is an area, that the league wants to watch closely this year. But calling it this way, puts the big-man even further on a disadvantage concerning foul-trouble in comparison to the guard-positions. I really cannot remember the last time i saw one of this overhyped PG/SG in foultrouble, while almost every game there are tons of offensive fouls on big-man from those ticki-tacka fouls out of moving screens.
DMC was set, did not use hips or shoulders and gets called for the 6th foul regardless. Kudo's for him, that he kept his composure and held back Coach Malone.