[Game] Game 4: Sacramento Kings @ Denver Nuggets, 11/03/14 6PM PST, 9 PM EST

Demarcus Cousins is

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Maybe because the Kings website has him listed at 6'3 here http://www.nba.com/kings/roster and ESPN has him listed at 6'3 here http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2528447/ray-mccallum

A lot of players grow from college and their rookie year. Those measurements you have are old.
A lot of players also magically "grow" from their true actually measured measurements because a team or an agent thinks it would really be convenient if...

Heck, I've done that too. I remember my surprise at being 2 inches taller and 10lbs heavier in my high school football program. In fact our whole D-line was. Intimidation and all that.

A little while ago I went into some old draft threads looking for a comment on a particular player. And I didn't find what I was looking for, but I did find a comment I made about potentially trading the first pick in the draft (Derrick Rose) for two lower picks to target Roy Hibbert and Darren Collison. I've been cringing for years, but maybe I was onto something after all! No .... still cringe worthy. :)
I know its not in the celebratory spirit of the evening, but frankly the more I see of Landry the more I think he may be done as the Carl Landry of old. He can still waddle in there to score, still has the skill. But his explosion seems gone. I've begun to seriously wonder if we're stuck with damaged goods.
Well, it is our tradition to keep at least one injury hobbled PF on the roster at all times isn't it?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Big thing for DeMarcus to be the source of that. I remember Reke doing the same thing a few times and thought it was a sign of a real focus on team. Its Boogie taking ownership and responsibility for this team, and being a partner for Malone in trying to make them win.
Boogie also took a moment while they were waiting for Denver to shoot a free throw to caution JT to quit whining and play the game. I'd have to go back and check for the exact exchange, but you could read his lips. It was about 9 minutes into the first quarter, I do believe.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I know its not in the celebratory spirit of the evening, but frankly the more I see of Landry the more I think he may be done as the Carl Landry of old. He can still waddle in there to score, still has the skill. But his explosion seems gone. I've begun to seriously wonder if we're stuck with damaged goods.

We've gotta sell, Mortimer! Sell high on Landry!

Maybe because the Kings website has him listed at 6'3 here http://www.nba.com/kings/roster and ESPN has him listed at 6'3 here http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2528447/ray-mccallum

A lot of players grow from college and their rookie year. Those measurements you have are old.
Exactly right. There was no question looking at Ray Mac standing right next to Fredette last year that Ray was at least one inch taller. And in the same vein standing next to each other there was no question Fredette was at least 5 inches taller than the immortal IT.

What a sweet W and rightfully so. You could see right from the beginning that this game had to be grinded to completion. It's very comforting that the bench was able to keep the game in control. Love the way the guys go to the stripe and just bury FT after another.

It's becoming even more clear that relentless defense and good rebounding wins games. None of the players looked very talented tonight, but they were dedicated, very dedicated. After Casspi committed his foolish foul, it was nice to see him walking in circles and kicking his own butt. Got to love his passing and ball movement.

Collison was great. The guy had ice water in his veins going to the line time and again and sinking all those FTs. Great night for him. Tonight my roses go to the team as a whole. They absolutely deserved to win.

I'm much more inclined to believe exact combine results from a year ago especially when it is an "old" rookie coming into the league (meaning that his growing is most likely done) versus the generic sites that inflate players heights. It's pretty common knowledge...

so so sooooo good to see Landry get back to looking like the consistent threat, and tough
player/scorer i remember. it'll make a world of difference for us, going forward, if that kind of play
continues

This is really a sweet W. Back to back on the road, against a Denver team that usually gives US a lot of trouble. And also, a game where our stars didn't play great, but the whole team got the job done. I have no doubt that we would have lost both games last year. But now it really looks to me like we might have something in our hands.

The best thing for me is that we won these games not playing amazing basketball or with incredible shooting percentages, we did it by playing great team defense, fighting, playing big boys basketball, going inside and getting to the line. This is something we should be able to do every night, as long as the guys stay focused. Winning for sure helps staying focused, and that's why I want to be optimistic, even if my brain tells me to wait a little bit longer before getting too excited...

Heck, I've done that too. I remember my surprise at being 2 inches taller and 10lbs heavier in my high school football program. In fact our whole D-line was. Intimidation and all that.
Let's face it. Almost half of the population claim they are 2 inches longer than they really are...

im sorry bobby but after listening to christie on the radio, its clear he should be in that spot...but he prolly doesnt want to live in sac.( or wife doesnt)
Bobby Jax is, and always has been, horrible in talking - I have no clue why anyone would think of him for a spokesperson role.

"Definitely - most definitely."

Doug Christie is miles better in expression and analysis. It would be a treat if he actually is involved in the Kings telecasting in some capacity - but I haven't heard anything official.