[Game] Game 4: Sacramento Kings @ Denver Nuggets, 11/03/14 6PM PST, 9 PM EST

Demarcus Cousins is

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
K

KingMilz

Okay, I'll be the one to say it - if we still had IT, we would not have won that game. Darren Collison was the right decision.
We would be lucky to be 1-3 without Collison, dude held Cp3 and Curry to a draw and just straight up KO'ed Lillard and Lawson. They are carrying Lawson out of the Arena as we speak after what Collison did to him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Oh yeah - I think people may have to revise their opinion of PDA. The gerbil just might have known what he was doing, too. The chemistry we're seeing already is unbelievable. Naysayers - feel free to shoot me down but I think it's going to be hard going forward to not admit that D'Allesandro has actually built something worth watching.

Agree Landry was key tonight as big part of new bench mob. Those little jumpers (10-12 feet) he normally hits or at least good %. Just was off tonight from outside plus he got open shot usually late in clock and with that dangerous threat Evans on the floor with him lurking like needed the ball - yikes!
Its crazy how useful players start becoming when your team starts forming an identity and roles are being forged. Landry is slowly returning to form, tonight and a little vs the clippers is the first time I have seen him man handling dudes down low with that base. A great sight to see.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Okay, I'll be the one to say it - if we still had IT, we would not have won that game. Darren Collison was the right decision.
I think at times this board has gone a bit overboard with the need to criticize IT for everything, but this is a sentiment I wholeheartedly agree with. :) IT is a nice weapon for a veteran team to have, but we needed leadership. We needed a player willing to take responsibility for leading the team not just scoring his points. I had high hopes for Collison, but he's surpassed even my lofty expectations so far. Scratch that, everyone has. Go Kings!

Bobby just said that DMC told Malone to leave the bench out there a little longer to build their confidence. That tells me he has faith in his bench AND he has faith in the ability of the starters to get the job done. I'm about ready to start up a collection for the huge statue of DFC that WILL end up outside the new arena.

Damn, I LOVE THIS TEAM!
love it. a team is forming

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Bobby just said that DMC told Malone to leave the bench out there a little longer...
Well. I stand corrected. ;) He's right; the bench did need that boost. Hopefully it's Ben's turn for a boost on Wednesday.

Just to play the devil's advocate, would he have said the same if they lost?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Another indication that we're seeing something special? I cannot remember the last time we had a game thread with over 1000 posts and TONS of people participating. Thanks all (or almost all :p ) for another fun evening.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Ahh, this prognostication business is fun. Before the game at Denver, again made some goals (reply #33 in thread "Malone/Lineups/today.....) for Kings and, well, close again:

my goals for Nuggets game today: Cuz gets 5+ assists, team get 20+ assists, bench scores 30+ pts and for number 4, no silly fouls for Cuz. Oh yeah, and RayMac backs Collison

Cuz only had 1 ast, team had 21 ast, bench scored 47 pts, 47! Cuz had no silly fouls and RayMac came in WITH Collison and made solid contribution. Held Nuggets to 38% shooting was biggest plus of the night.

Its crazy how useful players start becoming when your team starts forming an identity and roles are being forged. Landry is slowly returning to form, tonight and a little vs the clippers is the first time I have seen him man handling dudes down low with that base. A great sight to see.
Landry has always been one of my favorite players going back to his days at Purdue and later as toughest of the tough with the Rockets. Ask Dirk Nowitski's teeth, chunks of them probably still embedded somewhere in Carl's anatomy.

The difference between a intelligent PG who can defend compared to a chucker who can't.
Why are you trying to bait an IT arguement? Im loving Collison and was a proponent of going after him even before IT gate. IT would be nice off the bench, but that neither here nor there, lets enjoy what we are watching and hope it lasts.

Bobby just said that DMC told Malone to leave the bench out there a little longer to build their confidence. That tells me he has faith in his bench AND he has faith in the ability of the starters to get the job done. I'm about ready to start up a collection for the huge statue of DFC that WILL end up outside the new arena.

Damn, I LOVE THIS TEAM!
I LOVE THIS TEAM & DFC'S NEW MATURE LEADERSHIP /endcaps.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Why are you trying to bait an IT arguement? Im loving Collison and was a proponent of going after him even before IT gate. IT would be nice off the bench, but that neither here nor there, lets enjoy what we are watching and hope it last.
Agreed, for a change. Both teams came away from that transaction happy. Let's leave it at that.

[Moderating]
Let's keep any further Thomas comments to the dedicated thread in the NBA folder.
[/Moderating]