Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Ron Jeremy

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • BOOGIE NIGHTS

Votes: 23 46.9%

• Total voters

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I have never hated a Kings player, not even Hawes, more than I hate Sessions. I believe he is the sole reason why we lost tonight. ****ing horrible.
Then you obviously don't remember the steaming pile of suck that was Jason Hart. Or Mikki Moore. Or Kenny Thomas('s contract)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Malone: "We have no chance to beat the Spurs, if we turn the ball over like we did tonight. You can't beat good teams and yourself on the same night."

The biggest problem with Sessions aren't his TOs, it's how many possessions were thrown away because he didn't set the offense up, didn't space the floor, made poorly timed passes to guys where they can't do much with the ball and his inability to get Cuz the ball in good spots on the floor.

Sure, 5 TOs and some real sloppy ballhandling, but the killer was the 20-30 possessions where our team was going at it as basically four guys with an anchor strapped around their ankles. Our sets were handicapped all night as Sessions threw off the tempo all night.
I thought a big big moment was when we were within 2, and Sessions decided to chuck a jumper instead of setting the offense up (Cousins had barely made it to halfcourt). That was the closest we ever got.

Because McCallum also sucked tonight
Exactly. Malone was FORCED to keep rolling that TURD Sessions back onto the floor. If RAYMAC had played well he would have finished the game. Sessions was PUTRID. He played like he wants to get waived or cut. He doesn't want to play for the Kings, that is abundantly clear. There is no more hoping the vet will get his act together. His act has worn thin. I am hoping this is Sessions FINAL ACT. I think the Kings would have won this game if Collison had played at 70%. I am amazed the game was as close as it was without a PG. The defensive effort by the rest of the team was good. But my GAWD how do you overcome the comedy show that was Ramone Sessions? You can not say enough about how bad Sessions played. Need to scour the waiver wire or look at the CBA for someone who can bring the ball across the midcourt line, not turn the ball over, and make passes into the post to the big man.

Exactly. Malone was FORCED to keep rolling that TURD Sessions back onto the floor. If RAYMAC had played well he would have finished the game. Sessions was PUTRID. He played like he wants to get waived or cut. He doesn't want to play for the Kings, that is abundantly clear. There is no more hoping the vet will get his act together. His act has worn thin. I am hoping this is Sessions FINAL ACT. I think the Kings would have won this game if Collison had played at 70%. I am amazed the game was as close as it was without a PG. The defensive effort by the rest of the team was good. But my GAWD how do you overcome the comedy show that was Ramone Sessions? You can not say enough about how bad Sessions played. Need to scour the waiver wire or look at the CBA for someone who can bring the ball across the midcourt line, not turn the ball over, and make passes into the post to the big man.
We have a guy right now on the Reno team, who also played for our summer league team, who would be a much better option. Ra'shad James.

If it were me, I'd bring him up right now

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member

You're going to have a hard time convincing me that McCallum was playing so poorly that that he still wouldn't have been an upgrade.

The thing about Sessions is that he always appears out of control. I don't ever recall him looking this consistently bad when he played for Milwaukee or LA.

I know he's been out of the league for a while, but I'd rather see the Kings give Terrance Williams another shot. He's not a true PG, but neither is Sessions and I'd have more confidence in him even though I haven't seen him play in a long time. Heck, maybe we can get Aaron Brooks back? Lol

It's also hard to pin the loss exclusively on Ramon when the rest of the team aside from Boogie shot 22-53, the bench gave next to nothing, Demarcus had a really really stupid 4th quarter, and Donatas Motejunas had an unnaturally good night.
Yes the shooting was poor but a good point guard would have set up his teammates for better shots. Sessions struggled to dribble the ball. He made hardly any assists, and no good assists. Too many times he passed to double teamed players late in the shot clock who could do nothing with the ball. He may not be exclusively responsible but he certainly earned a LIONS share of the blame.

Kings win if Collison played or if RAYMAC was playing better. Sessions needs to see deep pine. They need to bring in another player. A trade for a competent NBA caliber Point Guard is as important if not more important than a backup power forward. You can not win with the poor ball handling and no assist efforts that Sessions has shown

One thing about Cousins is he still doesn't have a go to post move/ half hook sorta thing (which we saw all night from D-Mo). With his size and strength it's strange that he doesn't try to use those hooks more. But then again, we're having him catch the ball at the high post more often than not.
I think the reason Malone has Cousins in the High Post is because the guards are unable to get him the ball in the low post. He is quicker than most centers and they are hoping he can create from the high post or drive past his man to the bucket. But teams are on to that game now and they are doubling him so he cant drive. We need Big CUZ in the low post and we need guards who are able to feed him the ball and play off of the doubleteams. When they double Cuz in the post somebody has to be open on the perimeter.

That just drove me nuts. Anything JT does well, he does something mind numbingly stupid to really compound problems. now he's competing with Sessions to see who will make me stroke out first
I have always said that JT has absolutely no BBIQ. He just plays. He has no sense of shot clock, defenses, situations, set plays, you name it. Put him in to play D and he is just fine. However for every 3 good plays JT gives you, there is gonna be a bone headed head scratching dumazz mistake he is gonna make.

I am convinced that Sessions does NOT WANT TO PLAY IN SACRAMENTO. For whatever reason he is not participating. He is distracted and is playing halfheartedly. I truly believe he does not want to be a King. Trade deadline is coming fast. We need to ship him and D-Will to whatever far corner of the NBA will have them. They need to pick up a legit backup PG and maybe a Big we can bring off the bench for defense and rebounding. A 6-10+ player because Landry is NOT a center.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Anyone that doesn't turn it over is a better player than sessions. I'd take just about anyone at this point. Will Bynum is still available.
Will Bynum is actually a decent idea. However...the two year contract for Sessions does create a mess. Can't just dump him without it lingering. Ideally you would find a team who's GM does not actually watch this year's games. Unfortunately Petrie is now retired.

He can't even fight through a pick. F him.
That was an absurdly blatant moving pick that the absurdly biased refs failed to call against the Rockets. No surprise.
I think I know the exact moment when he gave up. Rockets missed a shot Sessions got the rebound and Cuz was gunning it up the court, which is when Sessions got stripped for 72nd time this game and Cuz just threw his head back in disgust.
Ding ding ding!

Absolutely accurate observation there.
Game was over then - Sessions couldn't secure the uncontested rebound and get it to his streaking center, with numbers. Boogie was DONE, overly frustrated with his PG's play crippling his team.
He knows enough about basketball that he knows it takes way more pieces than the Kings have to be a contender.

Combined with his visible frustration when the Rockets double-teamed him yet again, and he found a wide open McLemore (again) and Ben missed the critical shot (yet again).

Re: Sessions - is Beno Udrih available from the Grizzlies? He makes $884,000....

The Rockets got lucky tonight. This would have been an easy win for the Kings with just a little use of BBIQ. The Rockets did not have Howard. Clearly that is a situation when all your efforts should go to get the ball to DMC under the rim. If they double or triple team him, the rest of the guys have an easy task scoring big time.

The other basic fact is that Houston is a fast break team. They live out of turnovers and steals. So don't stand with the ball! The ball and the players without the ball must move constantly. Otherwise they will just intercept you and score fast. They are also a 3-point shooting team. Don't let the shooters, especially the guards, get the ball for open shots. Once they get to shooting it's too late.

How come DMC had the highest number of assists. Probably for the same reason that caused him 7 TOs. He was made to play the PG. Casspi could have 7 assists as well. He was really passing the ball nicely and giving some candies to others, but nobody converted. No a good shooting night for the Kings, but not intolerable.

The Rockets managed to get the Kings to play a game that they are not good at. Inexperience.

To be honest the stupid turnovers and dumb defensive plays killed us tonight - Thompson granting Harden 2 Points with a pointless block attempt, DMC "pushing" Papa with the clock winding down and nowhere to go. DMC taking it coast to coast for the charge. DMC was dominant at some point, but 7 Turnovers are just not acceptable.
But what's really concerning is , that we are unable to get the balls to DMC when he has carved out a position, without Collinson on the floor. Sessions can't run a team. He is limited to the same play time and time again and has no vision at all. Really concerns me, even when he is meant to be our Backup-PG and primarely a Score-First-Option off the bench. Kings looked like last year Kings on a bad Isaiah night.

DMC settling for way too many Jumpshots, when DC is out of the game. Our spacing was poor, allowing easy double teams on DMC and the fact, that we couldn't hit open jumpshots out of the double, made it even easier for the Rockets.
Ben played good D on Harden though.

What Malone should have said is we can't win playing 4 on 6. Having sessions out there is like having kings of last year with IT defense at the back court but WITHOUT the IT offense.

He just appears to play without any heart or energy out there. Just looks so disinterested.

This has uncovered how badly we needed a good defensive pg hence how good the starting line up is on defense with Collison out there. I mean, Ben has obviously improved but really our starting 5 is the same from last year except for the change in pg and we went to the top in defense with that 5. Last night without Collison and with that pile of manure at pg, we gave up 37 points in the 1st quarter. I think gay and omri are somewhat similar defensively so all the blame is on the pg change. I mean career high for whoever he is guarding sound familiar?

I hope Malone sees it for what it is. Better give his PT to Ray ay last he has the chance to develop and be of use later in the season.

While being at it, waive him or send him to the d league and get someone else.