Fresno St. and bay area's Tyler Johnson is available

6'4 190lbs undrafted guard out of Fresno St. He was recently released by the Miami Heat.

In his senior year at Fresno St, he averaged-

15.9pts 7.31rebs 2.9asts 1stl 1.34tos on 33 minutes of play
479 fg% .432 3pt% .805 ft% .595% TS
http://basketball.realgm.com/player/Tyler-Johnson/Summary/23365

In 10 games of SL with the Heat, he averaged-

12.5pts 3rebs 1.5asts .9tls .5tos on 22.8 minutes of play
.551 fg% .316 3pt% .805 ft%
http://www.nba.com/summerleague/2014/players/sl_tyler_johnson/

Tyler Johnson is an athletic and dynamic combo guard. He's a solid defender who plays very aggressively on both ends of the floor. He's a great shooter who can nail the 3pt consistently. He has a good jumper, good driving ability, can handle the ball, has a good IQ, and he's athletic. Imagine Ben+Stauskas but 6'4. The only problem is that he's a little undersized at 6'4 which makes him a combo guard. He will struggle a little bit against bigger SGs, but he's a solid defender.

He was very good while playing for Miami in the SL. In the preseason he didn't get any opportunities to play. However, against the Spurs, he shot 6-13 for 17pts 4rebs 2asts 4stls 3tos in 36 minutes of play.

He can be a huge steal for the Kings if they can try to add him to the roster. I see a ton of upside and potential with him. The Kings still do lack shooters and the Kings can bring in another guard for competition.

I've only found two videos of him, and both were highlight dunks.

Any thoughts or ideas about him?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
You didn't happen to go to Fresno St., did you? The Kings do have a roster spot open, and maybe they planned it that way to see who the other teams cut. I just don't know what their looking for, but I doubt its another guard. Personally, I think their more likely to go after someone like Bernard James.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
maybe one day we can see if we found a gem of our own in Eric Moreland...that's if he ever heals up and gets playing time. I believe he is signed for three years..

You didn't happen to go to Fresno St., did you? The Kings do have a roster spot open, and maybe they planned it that way to see who the other teams cut. I just don't know what their looking for, but I doubt its another guard. Personally, I think their more likely to go after someone like Bernard James.
Oh man, I didn't see your initial comment. I actually did go to Fresno St for 2 years before transferring to WSU.

I was really excited about Johnson. Always knew he had a place for the NBA with his elite athleticism and peskiness. Carving out the NBA right now.