Francisco Garcia a drama queen?

Well there aren't many threads going on right now so I'll make this one just for the sake of discussion.

Is it just me or is this guy really dramatic on the court when he gets hurt? I've never seen a King's player lay on the ground with his hands over his eyes so many times in a year. It seems like once a week this guy is laying on the ground crying over something. Then he slowly gets up and tries to limp around while tending to his wounds as he leaves the court. Then of course, he's back in the game in 5 minutes feeling fine. He just needs to toughen up, get his *** up off the court and go to the bench like a man. None of this "I'm hurt and everyone and their mother needs to know it" kind of attitude. I'm not saying some of it isnt serious (like the ankle turn the other day) but quit putting on a show and just get off the court like a man instead of acting like a little kid and making it seem worse than it is.

I actually kind of think most of his injurys are legit, and he usually stays in the game ( i remember one game, maybe denver? where he hurt his hand in the fourth and finished out the game.. i think he made a clutch three aswell ) I think its common for a player like garcia to get hurt .. his all out style of play is pretty wreckless .. im almost surprised his injurys dont take longer to heal .. he rarely misses games.

this all coming from a huge garcia fan .. fav current kings player..

this is a pretty big stretch.

all im concerned with is he went from "good cisco/bad cisco" to a hell of a fun player to watch night in and night out. I love his heart and hustle.

Can't wait for next year

this is a pretty big stretch.

all im concerned with is he went from "good cisco/bad cisco" to a hell of a fun player to watch night in and night out. I love his heart and hustle.

Can't wait for next year
haha yea.. he just needed to adjust to the league.. his offence looks good and his defence is really comin around.. he reminds me alot of christie and definitely has the potential to be as good one day on both sides of the floor as christie.

As far as drama queen goes.. it comes with his all out hustle so he deserves to show he is hurt i think to remind us hes trying ten times more then most out there.

I think he is an emotional, firey player; kind of the opposite of the sometimes stoic Kevin Martin.

Perhaps it is appropriate that there numbers are 23 and 32... they are a bit like the Yin and Yang.

I think he is an emotional, firey player; kind of the opposite of the sometimes stoic Kevin Martin.

Perhaps it is appropriate that there numbers are 23 and 32... they are a bit like the Yin and Yang.
Hmmm, maybe Garcia is just being somewhat emotional, overly dramatic, or spicy hot like many Latin people - not to stereotype. Despite all that, I'm liking overall progress I've seen since Cisco arrived.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Well there aren't many threads going on right now so I'll make this one just for the sake of discussion.

Is it just me or is this guy really dramatic on the court when he gets hurt? I've never seen a King's player lay on the ground with his hands over his eyes so many times in a year. It seems like once a week this guy is laying on the ground crying over something. Then he slowly gets up and tries to limp around while tending to his wounds as he leaves the court. Then of course, he's back in the game in 5 minutes feeling fine. He just needs to toughen up, get his *** up off the court and go to the bench like a man. None of this "I'm hurt and everyone and their mother needs to know it" kind of attitude. I'm not saying some of it isnt serious (like the ankle turn the other day) but quit putting on a show and just get off the court like a man instead of acting like a little kid and making it seem worse than it is.

Not the end of the world, but...yes.

He and Ron both. I no longer put much of any trust when they get "hurt" during a game, which is amazingly at least once or twice per contest. And boy do they want to let you know it. Keep on waiting for them to trot out the soccer strtecher for Cisco.

Kevin has a related disease as well -- he generally takes his lumps without much complaint (other than the flopping of course). But he suffers from a chronic case of the dreaded NBA disease definsitis, wherein any injuries, bumps, bruises, owies etc. that do manifest make it nearly impossible for you to move on defense, but then miraculously clear up the instant the ball touches your hand with a chance to score on offense.

Last edited:
But he suffers from a chronic case of the dreaded NBA disease definsitis, wherein any injuries, bumps, bruises, owies etc. that do manifest make it nearly impossible for you to move on defense, but then miraculously clear up the instant the ball touches your hand with a chance to score on offense.
This must be one contagious disease as it seems anyone who joins the Kings catches it.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Cisco is a Latin hombre! Come on already!! Dramatic yeah, but our Cisco is a true fighter or tru warrior as RonRon would say. And his all out play gets him the "owwies" (my grandson's word seeing him on the floor once holding his leg and asking if Cisco had an owwie!), the dings and bruises.

I like his game and he can become 6th man-of-the-year if the Kingies get their act together and get into 2nd round of playoffs next year. Hey, why not?

haha yea.. he just needed to adjust to the league.. his offence looks good and his defence is really comin around.. he reminds me alot of christie and definitely has the potential to be as good one day on both sides of the floor as christie.

As far as drama queen goes.. it comes with his all out hustle so he deserves to show he is hurt i think to remind us hes trying ten times more then most out there.
His 3 point shooting and jumper are already light years ahead of Christie thankfully. He wasn't known for his offense. If he had been a scorer and defended as well as he did, that team would have been unstoppable. Although if he was a scorer, had the leadership and warrior heart like he did, AND was a scorer, his name would be Kobe Bryant.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Three years deep, and my only NBA comparison for Fransico Garcia is Matt Harpring.

Er...what?

P.S. And no, Cisco will never be able to approach Doug defensively -- simply lacks the atheltic ability and agility. And I have generally been somebody touting that comparison (at least in opposition to Kevin/Doug comparisons) for some time now.

His 3 point shooting and jumper are already light years ahead of Christie thankfully. He wasn't known for his offense. If he had been a scorer and defended as well as he did, that team would have been unstoppable. Although if he was a scorer, had the leadership and warrior heart like he did, AND was a scorer, his name would be Kobe Bryant.
As much as I liked Doug he failed us at the end of several BIG playoff games. I can still see him missing critical free throws, having a devastating turnover, or shooting a shaky airball at the end or near end of Lakers and Mavs playoff games. Francisco has shown he wants to take the big shot and can make it. Of course, in the playoffs is totally different, where nerves are really tested. I have to say Garcia seems utterly fearless which is a great leadership trait to have.