Four in a row (so far)

I didn't expect a W the last time the Kings faced GSW and I'm not expecting one tomorrow either -- but boy would I be tickled pink if they found a way to pull it off.

So this is what a solid winning streak is like .
Hey, I'm digging the 4 in a row, but let's not pretend that these were solid wins.

They had no business winning vs the Hawks. That was just one of those games were everything went their way down the stretch, and the Hawks crumbled.
And the Lakers easily could have pulled this out if they simply had watched any tape to see how other teams have been neutralizing Demarcus somewhat, or if they had corralled either of those defensive rebounds the Kings stole the last minute.

This season is on the knife's edge still, and two bounces of the ball differently, these games would have gone 2-2.

Let's enjoy the fortune, but let's not think they've turned some corner yet, or they've solved their problems yet.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hey, I'm digging the 4 in a row, but let's not pretend that these were solid wins.

They had no business winning vs the Hawks. That was just one of those games were everything went their way down the stretch, and the Hawks crumbled.
And the Lakers easily could have pulled this out if they simply had watched any tape to see how other teams have been neutralizing Demarcus somewhat, or if they had corralled either of those defensive rebounds the Kings stole the last minute.

This season is on the knife's edge still, and two bounces of the ball differently, these games would have gone 2-2.

Let's enjoy the fortune, but let's not think they've turned some corner yet, or they've solved their problems yet.
You are quite possibly the only Kings fan I have ever known who will play a game of "If only" and argue how the Kings might have lost if things had gone differently.

The truth is this team last year would not have won those games. Period. This year, however, and especially recently things are starting to go our way because we're learning how to not lose. That's a big deal.

You can stay skeptical all you like. Some of us, however, are going to acknowledge the differences as they occur and celebrate accordingly.

I agree.

I think this Warriors game is a lot more gettable than it appears.

They will be tired, and coming from Denver is not easy. 4 of them and the coach are going to all star weekend, that cuts into their break. They want a break. They don't need this game as much as we do. I think they will be a bit mentally checked out, while we'll be super focused and smelling blood. It will be a fight, at the least.

Who did that exactly?

dude12

Hall of Famer
I'm not so sure this team hasn't turned a corner a long time ago. This might be as good as it gets given the lack of a second star player. The corner they turned is that they compete every night. No Lawson, no Temple....the PG depth is gone, our best defensive guard is gone in Temple. Rudy is out. Yet they are grinding and winning some games. Cuz sits a game and they win. Every game they play is a close down to the wire game. When that happens, your going to lose some and your going to win some. I think they are playing to their potential. No quit in these guys.

And while we are at it, WCS and Ben have been resurrected from the scrap pile, DC found his game and he's playing 40 minutes a night. Tolliver is giving us everything he can....this is as good as he gets. I think for the most part, each guy is playing to their potential now. The corner has been turned already.

I'm not so sure this team hasn't turned a corner a long time ago. This might be as good as it gets given the lack of a second star player. The corner they turned is that they compete every night. No Lawson, no Temple....the PG depth is gone, our best defensive guard is gone in Temple. Rudy is out. Yet they are grinding and winning some games. Cuz sits a game and they win. Every game they play is a close down to the wire game. When that happens, your going to lose some and your going to win some. I think they are playing to their potential. No quit in these guys.

And while we are at it, WCS and Ben have been resurrected from the scrap pile, DC found his game and he's playing 40 minutes a night. Tolliver is giving us everything he can....this is as good as he gets. I think for the most part, each guy is playing to their potential now. The corner has been turned already.
If this is true then Coach Joerger is worth every penny.

Sometimes the bounce of the ball is what separates good teams from bad teams. Consider this. A player shoots 10 shots per game and normally hits 4 of them, two of the shots per game he misses are 3's. Suddenly, the next season he gets those two threes more per game to drop in.

Even though he only gets those two 3's to bounce in, he is regarded in a whole new light. He goes from about 9 PPG to 15 PPG. Also he is now considered a threat from 3 so he stretches the floor and creates space and open passing lanes to help teammates. He is now trade bait too. Nobody paid a lot of attention when he was just a 9 PPG player that couldn't hit his 3's.

This is just a simple example of how bounces differentiate winners and losers. If we are talking about teams, consider LeBron's legacy. How different would it have been if Ray Allen misses that shot in the finals? What about Michael Jordan if he misses the Craig Elo or Byron Russell shots? I could go on and on but I'll rest here.

This team is not good enough to just steamroll opponents. Yes we are a few bounces and plays from 2-2 instead of 4-0. But its been that way all season. We are also a few bounces and plays from having 30 or more wins right now instead of 24.

We currently hold the longest winning streak in the NBA (4) :)
together with the Rockets.

Tonight Houston hosts Miamy, whereas we play GSW on the road.

Which of the teams will manage to keep its streak going?

Experts view our game as the most lopsided W/L probability of the night
(See below, from FiveThirtyEight.com)
upload_2017-2-15_17-49-45.png
...but my vote still goes to either the #Kangz or both :D (continuing the streak)

Last edited: