For those who love this site...

Many of us believe that this is going to be a special season for our beloved Sacramento Kings! I am so excited about the amount of interest that has been stirred up for our beloved Kings, especially in the recent weeks. There have been many times that I have noticed a large amount of people visiting our site, which is absolutely thrilling! Unfortunately, there have been many times that I haven't been able to log into the site or have been booted out due to the amount of visitors. We all know that this is going to become more and more frustrating as we approach the regular season, thus the reason why I'm writing this note...

If you don't know, there is a great guy named Jeremy, who has been carrying a lot of the load monetarily for this awesome site. There have been a number of you kind enough to contribute in the past to keep this site going as well. It is a known fact that our current server is beginning to show its limitations, and it is becoming more and more apparent that we will need an upgrade soon. The word out there is that we just need a relatively small amount more of contribitors to be able to bump us up to a better server (30 plus). That's right! Only 30 plus more contributors could bump us up to a server where we will be able to handle the amount of visitors that will be coming our way!

If you haven't considered it before, please think about it now. This isn't for those newbies out there (unless you want to) or for those who don't have the funds. This message is for those who have enjoyed this site for a while now, and have the funds to contribute. Think about it. You will be surprised at how small the amount is that is being requested for contributors to give, and it will cover for the whole year! That's right!!!

I want to personally thank you, Jeremy, for all that you have done to make this site what it is today. Let's show some love to a guy who has given out of his pocket above and beyond what any of us will ever give to support the fans of our Sacramento Kings.

Jeremy, YOU ROCK!!!!

EDIT: To contribute, please go to your profile, click on settings, click on my account, click on pd subscriptions, under contributing membership you can choose to donate $25.00 (for the whole year) or under Super Contributor, you can choose to give $50.00 (for the whole year). It's as simple as that!

Also, you will have the option of paying through PayPal, so those who want to give should be good to go. For those who don't have PayPal, please check at the top of this section and read "Become a Contributing Member" to see what other options you can choose to do. Again, thank you for your support!!!

Last edited:
I don't usually post, but do check this site everyday and want to contribute, message me to let me know how much you need to keep this thing running smooth for the year

I don't usually post, but do check this site everyday and want to contribute, message me to let me know how much you need to keep this thing running smooth for the year
I'm on my phone right now, and will get back to you in a little bit! Thank you so much!! If somebody else can answer this question before I do, please feel free!

Thank you again!!! Please look at the sticky, "Become a Contributing Member" at the top of this thead, and you will see the instructions of how to contribute. Again, thank you for your support!!!

Maybe this post should be in the main forum - and ways in which people can contribute (paypal and alternative methods?)

Thanks Nighthawk1. That's up to the moderators as I don't know how to move it... :) They may just want it here, but again, it's up to them if it would serve better on the main forum. Also, I'm kind of a newbie myself when it comes to the technical aspect of this site. Perhaps someone who has been here for a while could answer those kinds of questions.

Count me in. We are gonna get good and there's gonna be a lot of wagoneers who are gonna put a hurtin' on the servers. Let's get this site ready.

Count me in. We are gonna get good and there's gonna be a lot of wagoneers who are gonna put a hurtin' on the servers. Let's get this site ready.
AWESOME!! Thank you, my friend!!! A couple of days ago a UK fan told me that there may be a lot of UK fans coming over here in the months to come, especially if Boogie continues to do well. He said that there are about 1,500 active members. WOW!!!! We welcome every one of them, but we've GOT to get this site ready!!

Thanks Nighthawk1. That's up to the moderators as I don't know how to move it... :) They may just want it here, but again, it's up to them if it would serve better on the main forum. Also, I'm kind of a newbie myself when it comes to the technical aspect of this site. Perhaps someone who has been here for a while could answer those kinds of questions.
Ok! I think it would serve the site well to have maybe a donation option at the top (maybe some member perks like those sweet ticket deals.. maybe contributers get first crack)... I would like to help but I don't know how and paypal would be best option... not sure how much is needed either (might be cool to have like a total needed to reach each year)..

Ok! I think it would serve the site well to have maybe a donation option at the top (maybe some member perks like those sweet ticket deals.. maybe contributers get first crack)... I would like to help but I don't know how and paypal would be best option... not sure how much is needed either (might be cool to have like a total needed to reach each year)..
Hi Nighthawk1! I'm going to give these directions in my first post as well, but here you go...

Go to your profile, click on settings, click on my account, click on pd subscriptions, under contributing membership you can choose to donate $25.00 (for the whole year) or under Super Contributor, you can choose to give $50.00. It's as simple as that! Also, you will have the option of paying through PayPal, so you should be good to go. For those who don't have PayPal, please check at the top of this section and read "Become a Contributing Member" to see what other options you can choose to do. I hope this helps!!

We are going to need a lot of people to commit to paying every year. I can tell you that members right now are currently only covering a little over two-thirds of the cost for our current server. The cost to jump to the next level would take more than doubling our membership. I would really like to see people contribute because I love this site. But people will really have to be willing to buy a membership every year. Jeremy will keep getting the bill and he can't commit to paying more without a lot more people buying in. It's as simple as that.

By the way, you can help just by clicking on the ads, too. Every little bit helps. You ask about a financial goal. Its not up to me to disclose the actual dollars and cents of this site and what Jeremy would need to see moneywise and regularly to commit to an upgrade. Bottom line is he can't afford a better server by himself. As long as this site has been in existence, membership just doesn't cover the cost of what we have now. We owe a big load of appreciation to Jeremy for keeping this site going so long.

By the way, even if you can't afford the cost of a membership, you can still donate any amount through the contribution page. And we'll all appreciate it.

We are going to need a lot of people to commit to paying every year. I can tell you that members right now are currently only covering a little over two-thirds of the cost for our current server. The cost to jump to the next level would take more than doubling our membership. I would really like to see people contribute because I love this site. But people will really have to be willing to buy a membership every year. Jeremy will keep getting the bill and he can't commit to paying more without a lot more people buying in. It's as simple as that.

By the way, you can help just by clicking on the ads, too. Every little bit helps. You ask about a financial goal. Its not up to me to disclose the actual dollars and cents of this site and what Jeremy would need to see moneywise and regularly to commit to an upgrade. Bottom line is he can't afford a better server by himself. As long as this site has been in existence, membership just doesn't cover the cost of what we have now. We owe a big load of appreciation to Jeremy for keeping this site going so long.

By the way, even if you can't afford the cost of a membership, you can still donate any amount through the contribution page. And we'll all appreciate it.
So, hopefully more people will get involved!! I'm not trying to simply be an idealist here (though I confess that I am a visionary), but I understand that based on what Jeremy has shared, 30 plus is an obtainable goal. It's good to have tangible goals to reach toward, and I'm trying to do my part to get this need (and goal) out there. I mean, there have been a number of times that I haven't been able to get into the site or have been booted out, and it's only the summer league. Plus I have broadband, so I know that it's going to be challenging in the fall. Let's have faith and get the word out there, and see what happens. At least we can try! Hopefully, people will read this, and make a committment. ALL of us will thank you for it!!!

AND for those who have already decided to contribute after reading this thread. THANK YOU!!!! WE CAN DO THIS!! GO KINGS!!!!

Last edited:
Okay, I understand that there are those who won't be able to give as times are tough right now, but I for one have been blessed with the means to be able to give at least a little more than the norm. I'm not asking anybody else to make this kind of commitment, but I'm going to make a commitment to make as many donations as possible throughout the year as of today. I love the Kings, and believe that this is going to be a special year!!!

Last edited:
I was not trying to dampen your enthusiasm Arco Thunder. I love it. :D I really hope people will buy memberships or donate a lesser amount, if they just can't afford more. I've had a membership for quite a while now. I use this site a lot and really enjoy sharing my Kings love with the folks here at kingsfan.com. I get a lot of Kings information here, in one place and often earlier than anywhere else.

I've paid for quite a few "subscriptions." For the basic membership fee of $25 per year, the $2.00 a month is probably the best entertainment value I can think of, hands down. Actually it's worth more than that to me and I'm able to afford more, so I contribute accordingly. I can't thank Jeremy enough for what he keeps going here.

Don't complain about the server, unless you're willing to pay for something better. So please contribute whatever you can folks. We'll love you for it. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Way to go, Arco Thunder, and all of you who have joined the merry ranks of the Contributing Members. Just so you know? Contributing members get first refusal on some of the ticket deals, they also sometimes get to hear about things that might not show up on the main forum, AND they get the satisfaction of knowing they've helped to keep Kingsfans.com up and running as the best Kings fan board on the internet. And, of course, they get access to the Super Secret Contributing Members forum. ;)

Thanks to everyone who is doing their part to help.

GO KINGS!!!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Awesome thread, ArcoThunder. There are ticket deals that we put on the basketball forums under "Tickets." I will say this now. I have already placed a deposit for KingsFans.com to have a group go to opening night. It will first be placed in the contributor's forum, long before anyone else here has a shot at tickets.

This may very well be the perfect time to become a contributor, if you can.

And, I have thanked Jeremy (over the years) many many times. However, it can never be said enough. He has give so much of his time, his talents, and his hard earned dollars to providing the best Kings Fans site in existence. So, once again...

THANK YOU, GRAND POOBAH!!

WE LOVE WHAT YOU DO FOR US!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Awesome thread, ArcoThunder. There are ticket deals that we put on the basketball forums under "Tickets." I will say this now. I have already placed a deposit for KingsFans.com to have a group go to opening night. It will first be placed in the contributor's forum, long before anyone else here has a shot at tickets.

This may very well be the perfect time to become a contributor, if you can.

And, I have thanked Jeremy (over the years) many many times. However, it can never be said enough. He has give so much of his time, his talents, and his hard earned dollars to providing the best Kings Fans site in existence. So, once again...

THANK YOU, GRAND POOBAH!!

WE LOVE WHAT YOU DO FOR US!!
Woot! Woot!

:)

Thank you 6th and VF21!!!! You two have played such a huge role in making this site what it is today. I haven't found any other site that even comes close to this place and how it's run (the moderators are awesome). That's why I wanted to show some love to the guy, who has given so much.

I love this team, I love this site, and THREE CHEERS FOR JEREMY!!!!!! :D

Last edited: