Fire Paul Westphal

Can't remember those Don Nelson Mavericks. maybe some the old-timers can chime in. Don't remember how that team did in the playoffs.
Most of Don Nelson's teams over the years went out in the first round of the playoffs. I believe he only made it to the WC Finals once, and that was because Webber went down to injury.

And then the Kings beat them again after that with gimpy Webber. If I recall, they double-downed on super-scorer lineup of Dirk + Antoine Walker + Antwain Jaimison + Finley + Nash...and couldn't stop a cold.

Nellieball, we do not want.
correct. I want a coach that would bring in a motion offense or a tough defense.

correct. I want a coach that would bring in a motion offense or a tough defense.
I want a coach that brings a championship using most of the guys we have. It'll be fun to watch a motion offense, but even better to watch the team win consistently, regardless of whether it's a motion offense or not.

I want a coach that brings a championship using most of the guys we have. It'll be fun to watch a motion offense, but even better to watch the team win consistently, regardless of whether it's a motion offense or not.
I think we'd all like a championship but expecting one with this team is setting yourself up for disappointment, in my opinion. This team has good potential and a lot of talent but unless Cousins and Evans both turn into legitimate perennial all stars this team probably isn't winning any championships. The more likely outcome is that they become a competitive playoff team, which I'd be pretty happy with.

You can fire Westphal if you want to but please don't do it on my account. I'd prefer it if all the energy reflected here on the subject were focused on improving the players and their teamwork. Let's support getting these guys to continue improving and playing like a team.

I have posted on this thread a time or two before but I just thought I should again in face of all the polls and renewed statements of dedication being posted to the contrary. We are two and three so far. If we win tonight it's two in a row. Some of our new guys are showing good signs. Our young veterans are beginning to settle down. Whether Cousins plays or not we will field five guys to play and if the can score more than the other team we will win. Go Kings!!!!!

He did not play Reke and Thornton in the 4th quarter at all. Not sure he even played them with DMC in the 2nd half for more than a couple minutes if that. WTF.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I'll post this hear as well, from Marty Mac.

The situation that led to Cousins missing Sunday evening's victory over New Orleans began after Saturday night's loss to the New York Knicks. The agent said Westphal called Cousins 'selfish' and said he was the team's problem.

Clearly, Cousins is a problem, not 'the' problem.

Cousins later went into the coach's office, Greig said, and asked Westphal why he singled him out.

Greig said Westphal told Cousins, "I don't have time to talk to you about this."

If all this is true, it speaks to why these two need to be separated permanently.

I'll post this hear as well, from Marty Mac.
Westphal is an awful coach, and i really dont understand why people say that he is a nice guy. He comes across very smug and disconnected. He was driven out of every place he has coached after having a fallout with some players, even in Pepperdine where he was again, awful. People always look back and note his trip to the finals with phoenix with a team he inherited-- they were the most talented team in the NBA and lost, period. Never liked the hire, now, I hate it.

I think he could actually get fired if they play horrible again tonight.

Not sure about the lions share of the blame. Tyreke, Cousins, Hayes, Jimmer, Salmons, Garcia and Thornton have zero chance of getting a shot OVER anyone. They either have to force shots badly or shoot a foot farther out than they should. This team was badly assembled with guys who play small and it's only guys that play at NBA altitudes (Green, Jason Thompson are too erratic to get playing time).

The Kings need a new coach to get away from the one-on-one offense, but they need to find someone, anyone who can elevate and make his own shot over someone. The old Kings got away with it because of movement and good passing, but this squad is not filled with those kind of guys. Coaching or Roster? Something has to give.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I say throw a boatload of cash into Jerry Sloan's backyard
The guy is near 70 and probably looking forward to a few peaceful years before the end wihtout having to deal with petulant kids. I think its a real stretch to consider him an active coach at this point, let alone for a non-contending type team.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I think he could actually get fired if they play horrible again tonight.

Not sure about the lions share of the blame. Tyreke, Cousins, Hayes, Jimmer, Salmons, Garcia and Thornton have zero chance of getting a shot OVER anyone. They either have to force shots badly or shoot a foot farther out than they should. This team was badly assembled with guys who play small and it's only guys that play at NBA altitudes (Green, Jason Thompson are too erratic to get playing time).

The Kings need a new coach to get away from the one-on-one offense, but they need to find someone, anyone who can elevate and make his own shot over someone. The old Kings got away with it because of movement and good passing, but this squad is not filled with those kind of guys. Coaching or Roster? Something has to give.
Leaping ability is not closely associated with scoring ability.

Size for your position is though.

I do think the Kings have a difficult time getting shots off. It seems like they are always looking up when it comes to getting their shots off (or adjusting their shots).

Maybe it's just a case of bad spacing and movement. However, Cousins and Hayes have and Evans a real tough time getting shots off that aren't forced. At least a lot tougher times than players do against the Kings.

Aside from the fact that these guys have quit...

Tonight's game is a perfect example of what i've described. They can not get shots off without altering them. Jumping would help.

I want my League Pass money back. A disgrace.

This thread should also have be the first thread in KF history to be able to get 6 stars instead of the maximum of 5.. speaking of which, why does it only have 3?

PW is not the answer at coach, they need somebody to crack the whip on these young egomaniacs......I dont care who's coaching this team, the players need to shoulder the majority of the blame. PW can't run back on Defense, he can't go out there and make wide open layups, he can't try to run through a screen. The players need to be held accountable for effort and Westphal needs to be held accountable for the lack of direction and execution

L

Lafayette

Trade Tyreke for a SF, please! Get rid of Salmons along with him and bring in one player and get Greene some playing time.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
We could very well hear/see a lot of booing at home tomorrow night, especially with what I think will be a terrible performance on the beck end of 3 in 3 nights. No way do I see tomorrow being better, except for it will be home fans booing in large numbers.

Feel bad for the players.