Fantasy Sim league signups AND League rosters (merged)

Oh NO YOU DON'T- I don't want to hear anyone complain about their team. This team reminds me of the Kings circa 1988...

A few comments- who the hell did we draft in the first round- or did we trade our first round pick for a bunch of middling bench big men like Candy Man and Haislip???

David Wesley is my PG? :eek: !?!?!

You thought the Kings played no interior defense... Well, I not only start Kenny Thomas and Brad Miller, but instead of Artest I get to start Jerry Stackhouse as my bulldog defensive SF (the last comment is dripping with sarcasm)...

This team is actually amusing- our goal is the 8th seed in the East! It is going to take some great coaching, but I am going to instill a bulldog mentality in this team!
BTW Brad Miller in the game is way overrated. They give him like an 89 out of 100. And guess who Charlotte took with the first pick.:p For the record, all the teams were drafted by computers, including mine. Big Brad is averaging 11 rebounds and 2 blocks, so, it could be worse. And your team is 4-6.

I just read an article about NBA Live 07, just thought I'd share and hijack this thread instead of making a new one.

Few changes:

*There will be a button to shoot, lay up, and dunk. So you can switch to a lay up if you think your dunk is going to be blocked.

*There will be 3 types of players:
-Guys happy to be in the NBA
-Super stars with the ability to switch skill sets during the game. ex)Playmaker to high flyer in an instant push of a button.
-Star players, like Kyle Korver who last year had superstar shooting but obviously wasn't a super star will now have star ability (role player) shooting.
I'm glad they made this change, it was one reason why I didn't buy Live 06. Since average players your friends would use could go off for 50 points.

*Passing:
-Pressing hard will throw a bullet pass
-Tapping lightly will throw a lob.

*Players will make a lot more contact, hopefully reducing the gliding around that has been going on since Live 95.

*Momentum and Intensity meters:
-Momentum will shift with big plays made from your super stars.
-As intensity rises, members of the teams will be more likely to dive and fight for the ball.

*X-Factor: 6th men have a meter that builds up every time they grab a rebound, knock down an open shot. You'll start to see an X glowing under his feet when it is full. You can then wait for the perfect time to trigger this X-factor for something like a clutch shot.

I wonder how that will pan out for the Wii.

And the new Star thing is awesome. I was getting really tired of Eddy Curry and his power rating. He would go for at least 35 everytime.

I wonder how that will pan out for the Wii.

And the new Star thing is awesome. I was getting really tired of Eddy Curry and his power rating. He would go for at least 35 everytime.
The Wii also has a traditional control, but I'm sure they'll make use of the motion sensing.

SORRY everybody. The roster save on my NBA Live went kaput. It will take me all night to redo the rosters, so an update will happen. two updates by friday. sorry for the hindrance. :mad::eek:

SORRY everybody. The roster save on my NBA Live went kaput. It will take me all night to redo the rosters, so an update will happen. two updates by friday. sorry for the hindrance. :mad::eek:
I really wouldn't mind if you started the entire thing over again (I'm sure others wouldn't mind either since you only simulated a few games). It would proably would be a lot easier than sitting around moving 400 individual players around. I noticed a couple people changed their teams, but I think you should stick with what you have and make trades from there instead of jumping ship to an empty franchise.

Yes Venom, make it easy on yourself.

If I were you i would start over.

Its not as though you were half way through the season.

I didnt read too many posts with people gushing about how thrilled they were when they saw their rosters ! ;)

Of course if you like staying up all night to manually replicate the earlier draft then.....

does everyone want to do that? We can scrap the whole thing and everyone will start with their teams rosters as of the beginning of last season. The setup will basically be the same.

^^ It really does seem to be the logical decision Venom.

I dont think you will get everyone to post their agreement or not - i honestly doubt that (at this early stage in the game) that people are too bothered one way or another.

Perhaps you should wait just one more day - for players to post objections and unless anyone has any valid reason to make a lot of work for you then just hit the restart button.

If anyone does moan afterwards you can always tell them i bullied you into the decision :D

Im sure the players are actually very pleased and grateful to you for the effort and energy you are putting into getting this up and running, not thinking negatively at all.

ok. its was just as big of a pain to use default rosters then make all the trades that occured so far. So I did another random draft. I honestly think the teams are much more fair this time (My Team Sucks though :() so its UPDATED!! woohoo