Fandom aside, which team are you going to watch more - Kings or Pelicans?

Which team are you going to watch more until the end of this season?

• Kings (attend games)

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Kings (watch games on TV or online)

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Pelicans (watch games on TV or online)

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • Other

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm very happy that DMC gets a change of scenery albeit it's not the best franchise for him to go to. I hope he makes the playoffs next year for them - this year, I'm biased as we have that draft pick :)

Entity

Hall of Famer
I am in the New Orleans market. that is the only team i can't watch on league pass and it blackedout on local channel as well. So not sure if this is good or bad. good because i don't have to watch and wish. bad if i wanted to follow.

Why the hell would I follow the NOP? They have always been the enemy and will continue to be the enemy. I am and always will be a fan of the SACRAMENTO KINGS. Never was a fan of DMC anyway. I hope he fails miserably and we somehow end up okay after this craphaul that we got back in the trade.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I still haven't made up my mind... I have no attachment to the city of Sacramento, or the state of California. Quite frankly, it would probably be better for my mental health, my physical health, and my quality of life, if I started following a team that's in my actual time zone, instead.

LATE EDIT - Also, since I like big men, and loathe guard play, I have a personal rooting interest in seeing a Cousins/Davis tandem succeed in the modern NBA.

Last edited:
It is not an "emensely stupid trade". Why would I watch the Pelicans? They come here twice a year. Stupid trade? If you need to change the direction of the team you make moves when you have to. And when you do you go for the best deal you can get. Hield and a Pelican 1st rounder this year is not bad. Shame we have to lose Casspi and take Evans but those things happen. Both are limpers but that will work itself out. We will have a different team next year and that's always fun for me.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
It is not an "emensely stupid trade". Why would I watch the Pelicans? They come here twice a year. Stupid trade? If you need to change the direction of the team you make moves when you have to. And when you do you go for the best deal you can get...
I refuse to believe that this is the best deal that the Kings could get for DeMarcus Cousins. Refuse to believe it.

It is not an "emensely stupid trade". Why would I watch the Pelicans? They come here twice a year. Stupid trade? If you need to change the direction of the team you make moves when you have to. And when you do you go for the best deal you can get. Hield and a Pelican 1st rounder this year is not bad. Shame we have to lose Casspi and take Evans but those things happen. Both are limpers but that will work itself out. We will have a different team next year and that's always fun for me.
Almost no one on here or in the sports world thinks that Hield and somewhere around the 14th pick in the draft is not a bad trade nor the best they could get. It's a ridiculously awful trade that not only sets the team back a decade because now we have zero stars, but it further sinks the franchise and makes this place completely unavoidable for any player to even think about considering. I didn't want to trade Cousins but if you do trade Cousins, you get back either multiple picks, a proven player or some sort of combination of the two. Instead we got an unproven player and a non lottery pick. You mean to tell me that they couldn't even get a lottery pick for a guy who puts up some of the best stats in the league?

To top it all off with their amazing negotiating skills, they allowed the pick to be top 3 protected. Are you f'kn kidding me? Talk about not knowing what the hell you're doing. This trade is embarrassing on multiple levels. This franchise is not only the laughing stock of the league but it's now the laughing stock of team sports in general. Right up there with the Browns.

The funny thing is that we scoffed at some of these terrible rumors that came out previously about trading Cousins and in the end what they got for him was even worse than the trades we already laughed at. What a joke. Rudy Gay was right, this is basketball hell. Sad thing is that it's even worse than that now so "Welcome to basketball (insert word worse than hell)".

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'll be watching the Kings unless I decide to get League Pass the rest of the year. I'm still pondering that part, with a lean towards just getting it done. I really want AND NEED to see Boogie finally have a chance at success without the likes of Howdy Doody and a big bunch of buffoons doing everything they can to ruin his career.

I'll be watching the Kings unless I decide to get League Pass the rest of the year. I'm still pondering that part, with a lean towards just getting it done. I really want AND NEED to see Boogie finally have a chance at success without the likes of Howdy Doody and a big bunch of buffoons doing everything they can to ruin his career.
I already have League Pass to watch the Kings. AND I AM SO glad that I didn't go cheap this year and only get the Kings but paid more to get the rest. I do hope the kids show promise in actual games .............

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
If you don't want to spring for whatever full league pass costs you on cable in your parts, if you can do broadband you can actually buy part season league pass for a single team from nba.com: https://account.nba.com/

First game Thursday at 5:00pm I guess in CA. Home game vs. the Rockets. Tough game to debut with, but Rockets won't have any way to stop 2 of them inside + home fans will be raucus. Know Kings fans would have been if in an alternative reality their front office wasn't run by Wile E. Coyote, and had actually managed to convince the idiotic Pelicans to trade the Kings Anthony Davis for Malachi, Ben, Rudy, a 1st and a 2nd.

Last edited:
Well I'm stuck with the Kings pass on league pass. I'm excited to see what Boogie and Brow can do, that should be a fun team. I suppose the Kings will be worth watching if they fully commit to youth in the same way that people slow down to look closely at an accident on the other side of the freeway... but that's the only real way you could call this Kings team watchable. It's a collection of under-performing vets on enders and low ceiling youth. We're 2-3 years away from even being intriguingly bad. SO while I remain a Kings fan because of where I was born and my deep seated belief in how to be a sports fan, I can't fathom wasting time, money, or sanity on this team in the near term future... and barring trades it may just be something I occasionally check in on rather than commit to.

Why would I sit up and watch cousins all over national tv all of a sudden and watch ESPN fawn all over him? Why would I put myself through that? I won't be watching basketball at LEAST until next season

I will certainly watch the first Pels game after the break.

Odd note, I nearly bought the tickets for the coming Nuggets game because a) it would be important for playoffs and b) fan of Malone and Jokic. Now it's a meaningless game and going to have a very smug Malone on the sidelines after all this hell.

I will watch the Pelicans to see how that works but i will root for them to lose(at least this year) so the Kings get a better pick. Im a Kings fan. I loved IT and wish he was still here but it never once crosssed my mind to become a Suns or Celtic fan. I do hope Boogie finds success but I have my doubts, he got traded to another bad organization. Also Cuz and AD operate in same spots of the floor and both need 20+ shots. Also their coach is a Mike Dantoni disciple.

I am in Sacramento and I was getting tired of Cousins. He was not winning here so it's time to take a new direction.. I will continue to watch the Kings.

K

KingMilz

Whatever team Cousins is on lately including the Kings I find unwatchable glad he's gone sucks we got nothing for him.

Absolutely the Pelicans. I see no reason to invest any more time or energy in this Kings team.

On the other hand, that Pelicans team is intriguing and if they can gel quickly it's going to be amazing to see the dynamic between AD and Boogie.

As much as some of us want to see Cousins succeed in the NBA, as a Kings fan, we should be hoping that this pairing/experiment blows up and the Kings get a pretty high pick this year. I don't see it being likely, but as a Kings fan, that should be our hope.
I get where you're coming from, but Vlade maybe should have thought about that.