Ex-Kings

Do any of you guys still follow some of the ex-Kings players that are still around?

I still route for a lot of the guys, and teams they are on. Hedo is quietly becoming Steve Francis' 2nd hand man down in Orlando. Putting up nearly 20 points a game lately.

Damon Jones is becoming quite the player as well in Miami.

I also like watching other guys like Corliss Williamson, Jon Barry, Jason Williams and Scot Pollard. Brings a smile to my face when I see a highlight from any of these guys on Sportscenter.

ESP47 said:
Do any of you guys still follow some of the ex-Kings players that are still around?

I still route for a lot of the guys, and teams they are on. Hedo is quietly becoming Steve Francis' 2nd hand man down in Orlando. Putting up nearly 20 points a game lately.

Damon Jones is becoming quite the player as well in Miami.

I also like watching other guys like Corliss Williamson, Jon Barry, Jason Williams and Scot Pollard. Brings a smile to my face when I see a highlight from any of these guys on Sportscenter.
Definately. You gotta love Orlando with Hedo and Doug! I still root for Pollard whenever he's in. I'll always have a soft spot for Corliss too.

Yeah its nice to see them out there doing big things and brings back memories of when they wore the KINGS uni..Jason Williams is def. one to remember...And the most recent Doug Christie. sux to see him playing for another team but at the same time better for the kings and good to see him do good things in Orlando

S

SaCKiNgS24

Vlade is injured with the Lakers, Mateen Cleaves is cheering on the sidelines somewhere(i think with sonics), what happened to Keon Clark? yall remember the back to back game winning shots he had? i dont think he plays for anyone, hes a free agent?

SaCKiNgS24 said:
what happened to Keon Clark? yall remember the back to back game winning shots he had? i dont think he plays for anyone, hes a free agent?
they weren't back to back they were just both against the Mavs.
He just signed with the Cavs after not playing for about 2 years (either because of personal reasons or just because the man is a headcase).

Last edited:
slugking50 said:
Keon is somewhere smoking away his brain. There was a team(I think it was Denver) looking for him this offseason to see if he'd play there but they couldn't find him.
Think the Cav's just signed him for a 10 day deal, don't know the specifics though. I'm just glad the Laker's didn't get him, arg arg arg.. :p

albeitrue said:
Think the Cav's just signed him for a 10 day deal, don't know the specifics though. I'm just glad the Laker's didn't get him, arg arg arg.. :p
Well that sucks.... I wish the Lakers woiuld sign him. Then youd have a great bunch.... Lamar and Keon smoking it up on the way to the Staples center. Much like several Cheech & Chong movies.;)

Anytime trouble comes to the lakers, I am a happy camper:p

nAj jAn™ said:
You all forgot Tony Delk, Tariq Abdul-Wahad(my favorite);), and Lawrence Funderburke!

Man, i miss the BenchMob! and JWill's crazy passes.. :(

nope didn't forget. don't watch Delk or Tariq,,I MISS LAWRENCE, but as far as I know, he's not playing anymore.

I'm gonna miss those dallas daggers from Keon, those ill advised but "OMG HE MADE IT!" threes from Jwill, the grant and jerry halftimes with Scot, those great and numerous benchmob moments, and funderburkes heart and ready to play tough attitude. Long sentence for a great team. These guys were all special

You could put together a really solid team from ex- Kings floating around the league

PG - JWill, Dan Dickau, Damon Jones
SG - DC, John Berry, Tony Delk
SF - Hedo, Gerald
PF - Corliss, Fundi, Keyon
C - Vlade, Pollard

Might make a run at the eighth spot in the east If Vlade was healthy

I don't avidly follow anyone, but I always love seeing the ex-Kings show up when we play them. I loved seeing Jon Barry the other night, and I'm always kind of looking out for familiar faces. I also have been thrilled to hear that Hedo is doing so well. I hated to lose him, but I'm glad he's now in a position to start, and that he's playing well.