Driving back to Sacramento from the Bay on Friday and...

So I am listening to Grant's show on the hour long drive from Benicia to Sactown. A dude from Utah went blow for blow with Grant arguing about the "term sheet" and how it is a rough outline, not an ironclad deal. Well in the end Grant offers the guy tickets to the Nets home game, but the guy lives in Utah. Grant says "oh well nevermind then, let's go to commercial"

At this point I am thinking in a winning the lotto mentality, like what the hell, can't win of you don't try. I call into the station and Jodie the KHTK producer picks up (which threw me off a little bit)

Me: "so uhh, are those tickets Grant just mentioned still available"

Jodie: "I just gave them away, sorry"

Me: "that's too bad, my son is turning 3 tomorrow and he is a recently obsessed King's fan"

Jodie: "you know what, give me a minute, I might have some tickets for you, I am in a really good mood today"

She said if I could make it to the station before 5:30 PM their mine. I was passing Davis and traffic was pretty minimal for a Friday at rush hour. I got the tix, got home and surprised my son by telling him we are having boys night and going to the basketball game. The kid was elated!

I am so freaking excited, as well as thankful that I can share a love of something like this with my son. Last week my wife won the raffle at work and the two of us got an unexpected date night (little man was visiting in-laws in Walnut Creek) and the best basketball game I have witnessed in person.

This Nets game wasn't quite as competitive, but it was my first time taking my boy to a pro-level sporting event, just the two of us. I am on cloud 9. To me, this is what it's all about. And if I have learned anything from my die-hard Giants fan wife, it's that good things (like a championship) come to those that wait.

Well... Good things also come to those who are very lucky, as evidinced by me the past week and the three mega million winners Friday night. GO KINGS!

So I am listening to Grant's show on the hour long drive from Benicia to Sactown. A dude from Utah went blow for blow with Grant arguing about the "term sheet" and how it is a rough outline, not an ironclad deal. Well in the end Grant offers the guy tickets to the Nets home game, but the guy lives in Utah. Grant says "oh well nevermind then, let's go to commercial"

At this point I am thinking in a winning the lotto mentality, like what the hell, can't win of you don't try. I call into the station and Jodie the KHTK producer picks up (which threw me off a little bit)

Me: "so uhh, are those tickets Grant just mentioned still available"

Jodie: "I just gave them away, sorry"

Me: "that's too bad, my son is turning 3 tomorrow and he is a recently obsessed King's fan"

Jodie: "you know what, give me a minute, I might have some tickets for you, I am in a really good mood today"

She said if I could make it to the station before 5:30 PM their mine. I was passing Davis and traffic was pretty minimal for a Friday at rush hour. I got the tix, got home and surprised my son by telling him we are having boys night and going to the basketball game. The kid was elated!

I am so freaking excited, as well as thankful that I can share a love of something like this with my son. Last week my wife won the raffle at work and the two of us got an unexpected date night (little man was visiting in-laws in Walnut Creek) and the best basketball game I have witnessed in person.

This Nets game wasn't quite as competitive, but it was my first time taking my boy to a pro-level sporting event, just the two of us. I am on cloud 9. To me, this is what it's all about. And if I have learned anything from my die-hard Giants fan wife, it's that good things (like a championship) come to those that wait.

Well... Good things also come to those who are very lucky, as evidinced by me the past week and the three mega million winners Friday night. GO KINGS!
That's a really nice story :) Good to hear you had a great time with your family!