Dream Team Semi-Final: Team Never-Lose (1) Vs. Sacramento Kings (5)

Who Advances to the Finals?

• SLAB: Team Never-Lose (1)

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • Jespher: Sacramento Kings (5)

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bob Cousy was flashy for the 60s, but how could he keep up with the athletic freak that is Kevin Johnson? Same goes for Wilt. I'd like to see him huff up and down the court with my 7 seconds or less offense, and guard the 3-point line. No Wilt in the line-up = win for the Kings:).

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Bob Cousy was flashy for the 60s, but how could he keep up with the athletic freak that is Kevin Johnson? Same goes for Wilt. I'd like to see him huff up and down the court with my 7 seconds or less offense. No Wilt in the line-up = win for the Kings:).
While I think I may agree with you on the Cousy thing, its not that easy to just write Wilt off his team. ;)

He's used to playing smaller players. Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, and Brad Miller are all bigger players than he ever faced in his professional career. Even Alonzo Mourning would tower over the 6'7" centers that Wilt would post up against. This guy put up some serious stats, but he was the only tall player in his era. Do you think he really would dominate if he had to face Kareem, Walton, Dwight Howard, Shaq, Yao, and the other giants of the game on a nightly basis. Let alone, if he had to guard the 3-point line (they didn't have one of those when he played...)

I know how everyone worships his stats, and averaging 50 points in a season is ridiculous, however, he didn't even have the 2nd best season that year. That belonged to Oscar Robertson who averaged a triple double for a season. The 1st best season that year belonged to the MVP, Mr. Bill Russell, averaging 23.6 rpg, 18.9 ppg, and 4.5 apg. Coincidentily, that was the first year for the expansion Chicago Packers, who were god awful, so they had plenty of cannon fodder to pad their stats with...With all of Wilt's statistical omnipotence, he only managed to win 2 NBA championships, both against much smaller front lines that he would face with my team.

Last edited:
2 more weaknesses Mike D'Antoni will try to exploit are your defensive deficiencies (especially with the Dominique Wilkens, Chris Webber front court duo) and 3-point shooting woes. While Chris and Dominique would put on an offensive show, defensively both players were known as lax defenders, who tended towards the matador style...

The 3-point shooting of SLAB's team is also suspect, and Mike D will fully exploit that. Chauncy Billups will be crowded and hassled, along with Roy, but we can live with most everyone else on his team attempting those long range shots. Tayshaun Prince can negate those attempts, as can Joe Johnson's length and Manu's tenacity. Bill Lambeer, and James Posey were also pretty good spot up 3-point shooters, but they couldn't really create their own shot. Therefore, we'll make them put it on the floor rather than allow for open catch and shoot opportunities.

Last edited:
So 11 responses, and I'm the only one who validated my vote? What are the other 10 people basing their vote on? eye color?

So 11 responses, and I'm the only one who validated my vote? What are the other 10 people basing their vote on? eye color?
Adelman and Webber. I already tried bashing Wilt and Cousy, it doesn't work :p.

Anyway, I have to vote for SLAB too, and not because of the former Kings on his team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm shallow...and couldn't possibly vote against Webber, Adelman and Coachie...especially with Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom on the other team.

:eek:

Last edited:

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
SLAB's team is pretty solid defensively. Add to it skilled athletes in the Princeton offense, and it's tough to beat. Then, you send in Laimbeer and Dumars to rough things up a bit. Yikes.

Voted for slab, can't ignore the fact that 7 seconds or less / Lebron have never won a title.

Plus slab has joe dumars. He's scary.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I'll be posting the finals matchup tomorrow so we start/end at a decent hour.

I'll be taking another day or two to the finals to ENSURE everyone gets voiced.

Thanks for all that participated!

:)