DMC's manager: "Be careful what you wish for"

Andrew Rogers: "Be careful what you wish for..."

--------

I hate cryptic tweets.

For the record, the only Boogie trade I'd ever be OK/content with would be Boogie-Kyrie (who isn't happy in Cleveland and wants to be the main guy).

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member

--------

I hate cryptic tweets.

For the record, the only Boogie trade I'd ever be OK/content with would be Boogie-Kyrie (who isn't happy in Cleveland and wants to be the main guy).
No thank you to Irving. You don't trade big for small and if the Kings did there are several PGs I'd want before Irving.

Who is that aimed at fans? Organization? You publically berated your coach in front of the whole team and city, and by all accounts have been doing things like this for six years. A one game suspension is nothing. But of course Demarcus can never be at fault for anything, here is his posse demonstrating to him that he has his back. This has been the problem since day one, he has been surrounded by yes men and people too scared to truly challenge him.

It is frustrating that we don't have the full picture of the Kings organization. The image and story put forthby the team, KHTK, the Bee, and the CSN Kings 'insiders' is filtered for sure. While it makes for great drama and amateur detecting opportunities, all of us are left guessing the actual, real, tangible end goal held by Vivek and this franchise.

There is probably so much that could be told by those around the team, but then they would be cut off from access and their job would be jeopardized. Or in this case with Rogers, he could make the situation for Boogie more difficult, or it could be totally unrelated to the Kings. It would be nice to read a well written and researched journalistic piece that enlightens its audience on the 'goings on' with this team by sharing some critical events that have gone on behind the doors over the past year or so combined with some insight.

Instead we are left with Cousins instagramming a few pictures about puppets vs real talk after his suspension, Karl saying nothing because he's been told he can't, and Voison and Grant trumpeting with an agenda. At least this forum provides some good reads :cool:

It is frustrating that we don't have the full picture of the Kings organization. The image and story put forthby the team, KHTK, the Bee, and the CSN Kings 'insiders' is filtered for sure. While it makes for great drama and amateur detecting opportunities, all of us are left guessing the actual, real, tangible end goal held by Vivek and this franchise.

There is probably so much that could be told by those around the team, but then they would be cut off from access and their job would be jeopardized. Or in this case with Rogers, he could make the situation for Boogie more difficult, or it could be totally unrelated to the Kings. It would be nice to read a well written and researched journalistic piece that enlightens its audience on the 'goings on' with this team by sharing some critical events that have gone on behind the doors over the past year or so combined with some insight.

Instead we are left with Cousins instagramming a few pictures about puppets vs real talk after his suspension, Karl saying nothing because he's been told he can't, and Voison and Grant trumpeting with an agenda. At least this forum provides some good reads :cool:
Not knowing the context of the tweets around the one Cousins' manager fired off, who knows? It may have nothing to do with the organization, team or city. It could simply be a tweet fired off directed at an individual or group of individuals who blame Cousins for all of the teams woes. Or those advocating his trade. Twitter was useful when the relocation saga was going on and during trading season but other than that, eff it.

If Cousins does get traded, Boston should try their best to get him! Isaiah Thomas moved on from the Kings, to become an all-star.

If Cousins is such a cancer, why would a former teammate in Isaiah Thomas try to recruit him? It's not about Cuz. It's about the organization. It's crap.

If this happens, I hope Isaiah and Cuz get some rings there. That would make all these dumb people in the Sacramento media look like fools. A piece of turd can coach better than GK. Stick it to this organization, Cuz.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Who is that aimed at fans? Organization? You publically berated your coach in front of the whole team and city, and by all accounts have been doing things like this for six years. A one game suspension is nothing. But of course Demarcus can never be at fault for anything, here is his posse demonstrating to him that he has his back. This has been the problem since day one, he has been surrounded by yes men and people too scared to truly challenge him.
Really? Andrew Rogers posts a cryptic tweet right after MORE hatchet jobs on his client by the Bee and automatically it's yet another chance to attack Boogie?

I totally agree with what Rogers said, even if its meaning is nothing close to what I fear. Be very careful what you wish for, Kings fans.

People often dislike others to make assumptions on their words, but when the message is a little cryptic what choice do you have. I have to assume this is about moving Cousins, and Grant's show and Voison have been suggesting this recently.

So I'm going to assume its to the media mostly.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

--------

I hate cryptic tweets.

Kyrie isn't fit to hold Boogie's jock. Just a selfish scoring PGs. Doesn't make guys better. Doesn't play D.

And of course that truly is a "be careful what you wish for" thing.

Anti-Cuzzes are pissing me off at this stage. They are half a step away from being anti-Kings. At the point that we would be advocating trading Cuz to get back a selfish injury prone "me" player who has already proven that teams he leads are low lottery teams...

Anti-Cuzzes are pissing me off at this stage. They are half a step away from being anti-Kings. At the point that we would be advocating trading Cuz to get back a selfish injury prone "me" player who has already proven that teams he leads are low lottery teams...
Take away the injury and you just described DMC to a T. And injury is bound to happen.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Kyrie isn't fit to hold Boogie's jock. Just a selfish scoring PGs. Doesn't make guys better. Doesn't play D.

And of course that truly is a "be careful what you wish for" thing.

I agree with you on the Irving take. First, as already stated, if you have to choose between a good big man and a good little man, you always take the big man. Second, regardless of what anyone may think of Irvings abilities, he's been injured far too much to suit me. What I do take issue with is painting anyone who thinks Cousins should be traded, as anti Kings. To think their wrong minded is fine, but I don't think you should question their loyality. I just read a post by someone that doesn't want Cousins traded, and if he is, he wishes ill will upon the Kings organization, and that the Celtics (his proposed recipient) win a world championship. I'd be more inclined to question his loyality.

To be honest, at this point, I don't have any strong feelings either way. I could swallow hard and live with a Cousins trade, depending on who he's traded for, or I can live with trying to do another reset around him. But no one in life is indispensable. Even if it may seem so at the time.

I'm not sure the trade Cuz people really have thought through what they're wishing for.

First of all, let's be honest and admit that if you trade a franchise player away in the league you are getting worse. There's no way around this. If we trade Cuz we will be getting worse players in than we are sending out. "Flexible pieces" if you were.

With that in mind, we have to admit we're restarting our rebuild (10 years into our current rebuild). If we're starting a rebuild again how do we plan on getting better? Is it through free agency? No because Free agents don't come to Sac. Is it through the draft? No because the trade with Phili means we can't win the draft anytime soon, and on top of that we're saddled with giving up our pick soon. So really what we're saying is that we're happy being bad for the foreseeable future and we're happy watching a bad team who can't win as long as we don't have to watch Boogie?

I get that Boogie's personality frustrates some people (I love him), but are people really so sick of him that they are happy to cede any chance of a relevant team for the next 3-5 years? Are people going to go to G1C with higher ticket prices to watch other teams' stars playand beat the snot out of the Kings? Is there any strategy behind any of these attacks on Cuz by anyone in the media?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Take away the injury and you just described DMC to a T. And injury is bound to happen.
Yeah, you're not very good at basketball analysis friend.

Cuz's impact has long stretched well beyond the scoring. he creates a significant percentage of our open looks by his presence and passing. he is the guy who cleans up the boards. He's our best defender.

Other than that though, you really nailed it.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
a inevitable trade will happen IMO, the question is how soon though? will Vlade try to ride it out another season or test the trade market for him come June?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Really? Andrew Rogers posts a cryptic tweet right after MORE hatchet jobs on his client by the Bee and automatically it's yet another chance to attack Boogie?

I totally agree with what Rogers said, even if its meaning is nothing close to what I fear. Be very careful what you wish for, Kings fans.
I wish for Wiggins, Towns, LaVine, D'Angelo Russell and Randle, Kawhi Leonard, Anthony Davis, Lillard, and Drummond. I wish I wish I wish. The more the better. Believe me when I say: I'm not afraid of wishing.

What did Vlade wish for by suspending Cuz? I think Andrew rogers got himself confused between disciplininng a player that went over the line versus picking on him or wanting to trade him.

I think it's time we(fans,media,coaches) stop trying to understand what hell these NBA players are talking about on social media. They have personal lives as well.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think it's time we(fans,media,coaches) stop trying to understand what hell these NBA players are talking about on social media. They have personal lives as well.
They also have personal accounts on social media that the public isn't privy to.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What did Vlade wish for by suspending Cuz? I think Andrew rogers got himself confused between disciplininng a player that went over the line versus picking on him or wanting to trade him.
????

I think Rogers tweet was in response to Voisin and Furillo's hatchet jobs on his client.