Divac wants PG and SF in draft

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
"A young, strapping Serb named Peja Stojakovic..."

[Looks up at author] Yep, it's an Ailene article. :D

And it's pretty obvious that we're looking for a PG and a SF. We have nothing at either position. That doesn't mean me need to get both in the top 10 this year no matter what. If Fox is there, you take him. If Jackson is there, you take him. If both are there you count your blessings and pick the one you like the most (that's a win-win scenario in my book). If neither is there you go down the list and get the next best guy. (I think that's Smith but there are a lot of options). This is the highest pick we've had in a long time though so we need to make sure we get the best player on the board at #5 regardless, whether that's a PG or a SF or something else. You just hope it works out that they fill a need too.

AV at it again! It's funny really! What will she do now that for the first time in years there will be no DMC in the training camp for her to give updates on his body shape and fitness1

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
AV at it again! It's funny really! What will she do now that for the first time in years there will be no DMC in the training camp for her to give updates on his body shape and fitness1
Oh, she'll find a new target...she always does.

Whats the consensus around here for Anunoby at #10?

I'll post my own mock tomorrow after the pull out deadline tonight at midnight.

I couldn't complain about Anunoby at #10. Perhaps its a bit of a reach, the more I think about this draft, the more I'm convinced he's a safe lotto pick.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Whats the consensus around here for Anunoby at #10?

I'll post my own mock tomorrow after the pull out deadline tonight at midnight.

I couldn't complain about Anunoby at #10. Perhaps its a bit of a reach, the more I think about this draft, the more I'm convinced he's a safe lotto pick.
There are several threads in the Personnel Moves section that discuss various potential picks. You might want to check it out. :)

Lauri Markkanen to me stands out as a possible exception to this SF and PG mold. I don't believe in drafting for team need, I'm a big advocate of hunting for the BPA. Lauri to me is a superior prospect to Thon Maker and Kaminsky, his ball-skills are just off the charts for a PF. I'm extremely doubtful he'll fall to #10 and if Fox is on the board at #5 thats a no-brainer.

What if Malik Monk is on the board at #10 too? Thats another possible mold-breaker. It does seem like a SF and PG combination would be best though, specifically Fox at 5 and Isaac at 10.