Disappointed Kings Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I am a long time reader of this forum and a loyal Kings fan. I am posting this in the general board so that more people see this as potentially more posters might have been affected.

This summer I was invited to the Kings experience center to get a sneak peak of the Arena and a chance to buy ticket packages. I was excited to support my team. I purchased tickets to the 5-Game Plan being offered. I have recently found out that I paid over 2 times face value for my tickets and that other people were also overcharged.

Unfortunately I was unable to get this rectified but I hope anyone else affected might have better chance. After all the losing, the failed drafts and all the mismanagement I stuck with this team. I'm not going to lie, I am hurt. It is not about the money. I just feel it is wrong to take advantage of your most loyal fans.

I would like to thank Bricklayer, V21, Captain Factorial and the rest of the posters on this board. I have been reading your thoughts since I was in high school. You guys/gals are like family. I will miss this forum and everyone here but I have to step away I cant continue to support this team.

Sincerely,

Miguel Barragan

If they misled you or overcharged you I would file a complaint with someone within the organization (they have always been very responsive . I have a ticket rep name and email address if you would like, he always responds to me within 24hrs) and look into filing a complaint with BBB

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Was this a mistake on their part? Or fraud by employees? Or was this all a scheme to get early purchasers to play more? Because that doesn't sound like a way to do business at all. You should try to contact Chris Granger about it. Or even the Sac Bee.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I'm certainly sorry to hear about your experience. I'm quite surprised that you haven't had any luck getting an adjustment. One thought - is it possible that the ticket packages you purchased consisted of premium games, like the Warriors, Spurs, Cavaliers, opening night, etc.? I do know that the Kings do demand-based pricing for single-ticket games, so they would presumably also do that for five-ticket packages. It is possible that if you had only premium games in your five game list, that those tickets would be twice as much as the face value for non-premium games (or face value for season ticket holders, who I believe pay a set price per ticket which averages out to somewhere in between the premium and non-premium games).

I'm certainly sorry to hear about your experience. I'm quite surprised that you haven't had any luck getting an adjustment. One thought - is it possible that the ticket packages you purchased consisted of premium games, like the Warriors, Spurs, Cavaliers, opening night, etc.? I do know that the Kings do demand-based pricing for single-ticket games, so they would presumably also do that for five-ticket packages. It is possible that if you had only premium games in your five game list, that those tickets would be twice as much as the face value for non-premium games (or face value for season ticket holders, who I believe pay a set price per ticket which averages out to somewhere in between the premium and non-premium games).
This.

What games did you get? Be specific on your seat location and prices.

I managed to get the emails of some of the executives for the team and will reach out to them. My agent offered complimentary tickets to the game of my choice while nice is not enough to make up for the disparity in price.

I looked up the prices for the seats right next to me for the games I purchased and only the Warriors game at $270 cost more then the $194 a seat I paid. The rest of the tickets range from 81 to 110 dollars a ticket.

My seats are section in 117 Row K seat 5 and 6. Hawks, Portland, Warriors, Pelicans, and the Bucks. Anyone that purchased this game pack or any other should review their tickets.

I managed to get the emails of some of the executives for the team and will reach out to them. My agent offered complimentary tickets to the game of my choice while nice is not enough to make up for the disparity in price.

I looked up the prices for the seats right next to me for the games I purchased and only the Warriors game at $270 cost more then the $194 a seat I paid. The rest of the tickets range from 81 to 110 dollars a ticket.

My seats are section in 117 Row K seat 5 and 6. Hawks, Portland, Warriors, Pelicans, and the Bucks. Anyone that purchased this game pack or any other should review their tickets.
Did you get any food/drinks or extra's?

F

Fora Dragi

I just laugh when I see the commercials for season ticket holder waitlist. Create demand where there really isn't much. I fear they greatly underestimated how team performance will impact attendance. Thank heavens they didn't do PSLs like Levi's. I probably won't renew unless the team gets better. Im gonna enjoy the arena this year but the novelty will wear off by the end of the year.

I just laugh when I see the commercials for season ticket holder waitlist. Create demand where there really isn't much. I fear they greatly underestimated how team performance will impact attendance. Thank heavens they didn't do PSLs like Levi's. I probably won't renew unless the team gets better. Im gonna enjoy the arena this year but the novelty will wear off by the end of the year.
Yeah, Yorks are just rolling in that PSL money despite the crapty attendance and crap product on the field. Sickening

Yeah, Yorks are just rolling in that PSL money despite the poopooty attendance and crap product on the field. Sickening
Yeah the PSL thing is interesting. I didn't know this until recently - you buy a PSL you are OBLIGATED to buy season tickets every year for the next 30 years or you are OUT with no refund. I had sort of thought the PSL gave you first dibs on the seats each season but you could opt out in any given season. nope!! And the 49ers have a marketplace - a very good bit of software imo - where you can try to flip your PSL or buy someone else's. Unless it is an exceptional seat location, fuggedaboudit. Your PSL is a friend for life.

So there are sports fans who are much worse off than Kings Club seat holders, who are much worse off than the OP. If someone has a PSL in the east side clubs at Levi - they are toast. They have to buy a $7000 set of worthless season tickets every year (the ones facing the sun only resell vs Cowboys & Patriots) to keep from handing back their $60,000 PSL with no refund (or defaulting on their PSL loan). Downright evil (the shady side guys can tread water till the team gets good again).

But I would still buy the club seat contract at G1C as a luxury item given the chance (with partners, if they were between the free throw lines) - knowing that I'm distinctly NOT getting a deal and that I could get games cheaper a'la carte while the team is bad. The only payoff is if the team starts making the post-season and when that happens I want to be involved. And I like going to Kings games in fair weather and foul. I just do feel bad for people when they find out first-hand how cynical the Kings ticket selling machine is.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I just posted a tweet to Phil Horn with a link to this thread. I don't know what (if any) good it will do, but I figure it cannot hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.