Design for new Warriors arena

About 16 months ago, the Warriors were the team in California. I can't help but think that this new toilet design arena is going to backfire IF they keep the rendering.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
About 16 months ago, the Warriors were the team in California. I can't help but think that this new toilet design arena is going to backfire IF they keep the rendering.
You know, it's funny and all because it's oval and it kind of looks like a toilet, but saying that the design (which will essentially never be seen from above) will "backfire" is probably going a bit too far. Arenas are oval.

I don't think the arena is going to backfire, but the marketing buzz so far sure has. I can't believe nobody caught that.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You know, it's funny and all because it's oval and it kind of looks like a toilet, but saying that the design (which will essentially never be seen from above) will "backfire" is probably going a bit too far. Arenas are oval.
How many times have you seen pictures of arenas from the air during broadcasts? I think it's a lot more common than you may be realizing. And if the arena design looks like a toilet bowl? It will definitely find its way into every possible use. :p

How many times have you seen pictures of arenas from the air during broadcasts? I think it's a lot more common than you may be realizing. And if the arena design looks like a toilet bowl? It will definitely find its way into every possible use. :p
Most nationally televised games.

There are actually already a few arenas that look similar to what the Warriors are proposing. If you ever go to mapquest or google earth and look at some of these arenas, they are oval shaped and look similar to a toilet bowl. Denver is one that comes to mind right off the bat. The media is making much ado about nothing.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There are actually already a few arenas that look similar to what the Warriors are proposing. If you ever go to mapquest or google earth and look at some of these arenas, they are oval shaped and look similar to a toilet bowl. Denver is one that comes to mind right off the bat. The media is making much ado about nothing.
Au contraire. The media is pointing out the obvious, which is pretty much the only thing sports media seems to be good at any more. ;)